• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ttrimcobra

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2013
    Lafayette
    Hit a coyote tonight after picking some dq on 52. I only live a coupe miles north so i went ahead home after i stopped and checked my car out and called bcsd for a report. I was walking my dog around the yard so he would go to the bathroom when i saw the officer turn off 52. My wife and I rent on 3 acres several miles north of thorntown so its dark except for the driveway light. i knew i wouldn't be able to get the dog inside before the officer pulled in so i walked up under the light so i was clearly visible and informed him i was putting the dog was inside. As i was grabbing my insurance and registration my jacket rode up and he kindly asked what i was carrying and proceeded to compliment me on my choice of the M&P. Very courteous and super polite and never once got tazed, handcuffed, beaten, and thrown in the squad car for carrying! Another special thanks to the officer and the department for training these guys so well!

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    The Boone County Sheriffs department is probably the most 2A respected department out there.

You'd be hard pressed to find anyone else like them. Even though they all carry 1911's ....

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    My only encounter with Boone County SD was talking with Sheriff Ken Campbell after a gun law seminar at the fairgrounds up there. He is a very straight forward and knowledgeable person when it comes to firearms and dealing with them while in a public office. And they all carry 1911s =]

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    The only time I have been given any trouble from BCSO for carrying was when the officer learned that I did not have a spare mag. After the embarrassment and shame from that encounter, I always have my spare.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The sheriff isn't a big fan of open carry, though. Boone County is one of the few places in Indiana were I choose to avoid open carry when I would otherwise do so because he has asked "us" many times to not do it.

ttrimcobra

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2013
    Lafayette
    I would really like to take one of his defensive pistol classes if he does them again next year! I've always heard that he is a great teacher and very pro-2a.

Top Bottom