• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Here's an easy solution to all of this. Obey the laws and don't get pulled over. Easy Peasy.
    I am simply amazed at the number of times people post about getting pulled over here on INGO.
    I'll go duck now. Let the flaming begin.

If a cop were to lie in the process of inventing a reason to stop me, it wouldn't be the first time.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Here's an easy solution to all of this. Obey the laws and don't get pulled over. Easy Peasy.
    I am simply amazed at the number of times people post about getting pulled over here on INGO.

Okay, class. Now, can anyone tell me what's wrong with this statement? Hint: there is more than one correct answer.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Okay, class. Now, can anyone tell me what's wrong with this statement? Hint: there is more than one correct answer.

OK, I'll bite!

1. Being stopped for a legitimate reason does not make infringing on rights acceptable.

2. Scrupulously following the law does not guarantee that you will not be stopped.

3. Many of the 'legitimate' reasons for stopping a person are predicated on justifications which would have Jefferson spinning in his grave.

4. The post in question would tend to imply (as I understand it) that its author is willing to cede to the police the position of public master rather than public servant.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    OK, I'll bite!

1. Being stopped for a legitimate reason does not make infringing on rights acceptable.

2. Scrupulously following the law does not guarantee that you will not be stopped.

3. Many of the 'legitimate' reasons for stopping a person are predicated on justifications which would have Jefferson spinning in his grave.

4. The post in question would tend to imply (as I understand it) that its author is willing to cede to the police the position of public master rather than public servant.

goldstar.jpg

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana

I was pulled over, searched, disarmed and given three tickets before being let go after the LEO tried to put my gun in the back seat with Colt :xmad::noway::xmad::noway:

Guess what I did wrong? Nothing. The BMV failed to update my records after my insurance company sent them the required information THREE times and I was pulled over for suspended drivers license.

All three tickets were dismissed in court.

Learned many valuable lessons that day and the days after.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I was pulled over, searched, disarmed and given three tickets before being let go after the LEO tried to put my gun in the back seat with Colt :xmad::noway::xmad::noway:

Guess what I did wrong? Nothing. The BMV failed to update my records after my insurance company sent them the required information THREE times and I was pulled over for suspended drivers license.

All three tickets were dismissed in court.

Learned many valuable lessons that day and the days after.

All this was after the zoo right?

Compatriot G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    New Castle

I was pulled over a few months ago because my license plate light was "out". It was early on a Saturday morning, around 2 a.m. The officer did admit he was on some sort of DUI saturation thing. After a couple of minutes, he let me go. I went around the block and got out to check my license plate light. It was on.

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    I'm not saying that improper stops and coonfingering cops are ok.

I've been driving 43 yrs, and been stopped a total of 2 times. Last time when I was 22 yrs old.

My father has been stopped 3 times in the 70 yrs he's been driving. Last time 20 yrs ago. Yes, he's still a safe driver at his age.

I see guys here talk about being stopped more times than I per month. Try watching your p's and q's and don't place your self in that position in the first place.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana

Back in high school I was riding with a female friend when she got pulled over... For going 31 in a 30... On some older speedometers, that small of a difference is impossible to tell.

Not long after high school, I was driving from seeing my then-girlfriend in Vincennes back home to Columbus, was pulled over somewhere around Shoals, and drug dog called to inspect my vehicle. After 45 minutes (had to wait for the dog to arrive) and nothing found, it was explained that they were having a slow night and "wanted to give the dog some practice".

Like was posted above, if an officer wants to pull you over, he'll find or manufacture a reason.

Top Bottom