• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I forgot about this thread! I always wonder why an officer bothers arguing about the legality of OC. If you really think it's illegal then why aren't you doing something about it? "Hey, I don't think stealing that air conditioner is legal, buddy."

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I forgot about this thread! I always wonder why an officer bothers arguing about the legality of OC. If you really think it's illegal then why aren't you doing something about it? "Hey, I don't think stealing that air conditioner is legal, buddy."

I agree, this never made sense to me. If they think it is illegal then arrest the person. One more illegal gun carrier off the street.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    He used officer discretion I guess. :rolleyes:

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    I had forgotten about this thread. Is the OP still around???

Answered my own question, OP has logged in withing the past 24 hours.

I'm still around!

Update, I left a couple voicemail's and never heard anything back. I tried calling in the evening and I tried calling mid-day. I sent an email to the SBPD contact page requesting information, no response. Who would have that they would avoid someone with a complaint. I know I could have taken action without speaking to his supervisor, but honestly, I gave up. After a few weeks I just didn't feel like it would get anywhere. I can guarantee this thread had to have made its rounds though, I emailed it to every SBPD address I came across. At the very least a few people within the SBPD saw it.

I did run across Maxey a could months ago. His car was parked on a sidewalk(!) And he and his partner (I assume, one car two cops) where walking around cars at the stop light looking in them. It was kind of odd. This was on Edison just east of Notre Dame, the cross street escapes me right now. I was ready to get dragged from my car (visible EDC in center console) but no problems.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I'm still around!

Update, I left a couple voicemail's and never heard anything back. I tried calling in the evening and I tried calling mid-day. I sent an email to the SBPD contact page requesting information, no response. Who would have that they would avoid someone with a complaint. I know I could have taken action without speaking to his supervisor, but honestly, I gave up. After a few weeks I just didn't feel like it would get anywhere. I can guarantee this thread had to have made its rounds though, I emailed it to every SBPD address I came across. At the very least a few people within the SBPD saw it.

I did run across Maxey a could months ago. His car was parked on a sidewalk(!) And he and his partner (I assume, one car two cops) where walking around cars at the stop light looking in them. It was kind of odd. This was on Edison just east of Notre Dame, the cross street escapes me right now. I was ready to get dragged from my car (visible EDC in center console) but no problems.

Call that creepy little buddha judge they have a for a mayor now.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Call that creepy little buddha judge they have a for a mayor now.

He's busy firing SBPD chief, then reinstating him and demoting him and then canning the SBPD director of communications and keeping his reasons form both actions a big secret!

He can't be bothered with such trivia while maintaining his administration is..."transparent"...LOL!

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    Pricks happen.. just saying!

Yes they do. However letting them stay in positions of power is wrong. Law enforcement should set an example by their actions, not act as if they're above the law or better than the rest of us. If I were a cop, I would want these guys called out and weeded out. :twocents:

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Yes they do. However letting them stay in positions of power is wrong. Law enforcement should set an example by their actions, not act as if they're above the law or better than the rest of us. If I were a cop, I would want these guys called out and weeded out. :twocents:
    thats why your not a cop. if you dont walk the thin blue line and back up another cop at all times you get the bums rush to the door.

03mustgt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    The way you were treated was unacceptable, however if there is one good thing to come out of the encounter Officer Maxey now knows (which he should have known already), that open carry is permitted under state law and hopefully this will prevent him from harassing law abiding citizens. I would def follow up with his superiors on this one. Also if you were by the front register at Walgreens I can assure you it was captured on video, and I am guessing Officer Maxey's body language might work in your favor.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I thought I'd bump this to the top for some of the new guys.
    So they can understand the "any 5 year old girl can take that away from you" statement.

Top Bottom