• ...and so much more!
  • halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Disappointed here also.
    I love my Armalite but no longer can recommend or rave on my rifle. Sad.
    I wish no ill feelings on any Rights supporting LEO but I am an equal citizen of any man or woman and deserve the same rights as anyone.
    I have NO choice but to email Armalite and inform them of my sadness and feelings of their policy regarding this.
    Until they change their stance I shall NOT support them or their company in any aspect. Including, parts, service, or a new purchase of their products in any way, shape, or form.
    I WILL NOT SUPPORT A COMPANY or BUSINESS, POLITICIAN, or INDIVIDUAL, THAT DOES NOT SUPPORT THESE CRITICAL RIGHTS.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Guess I won't be buying one of their survival rifles after all.
    I just sent them a very polite email stating I can't support them and will not spend any money on any of their products or with their company. I asked them nicely to consider the implications of a future without the freedoms we as a country enjoy.
    I'm nobody and count for nothing but I will make my voice heard even if it falls on deaf ears.

Kmcinnes

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Hendricks County
    I am very disappointed, Ex-police or not! I would not ever want one of our officers put in harms way but this is a bigger picture fight and Armalite needs to stand up for all of our rights. The government might think twice about infringing our rights when we infringe on theirs!

Spike Tactical just joined with the boycott as well!

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Oh, give it two years and people will forget all about this, just like they will and have with Cheaper Than Dirt in 2008... Short memories and when the only ARs that are readily available are Armalites (after a drought of them here recently), they will snap them up.

Cast no aspergence, I dislike what they have done here, going Bill Ruger on our rights. But realistically, at the end of the day, how many people are going to still buy them, given the generally uneducated, ignorance driven panic that has occured here? TONS. The people like us, those "in the know" are FAR outnumbered by the people with money in their hands and fear in their eyes... :twocents:

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I'll also state this: A HUGE amount of Armalite's sales are to LEO. They have alot to lose by going patriot in this regard. Some companies, like Spikes and others, may not have as large interests there, so they can sacrifice a bit of business in order to gain more "passion" based sales (people stating, "well, they will get my business!!" is what I am talking about).

Look at Barrett (a decent example): Good guy, no doubt. His plan to stop sales of .50s to .gov in Cali due to the bans there for civvie ownership are a good move. But now, how many police departments use .50s for patrol? Riot control? Counter sniper duties? Guarding the Superbowl? Coupled with that, then they release the Cali legal .416. Please. I work in business, I understand the game. It's easy to play low stakes when you have a little bit you are willing to lose. Was that his intention, to gain business off of patriotic feelings? No, probably not. But it was TOO well timed, as these people's statements are today.

Not saying they are trying to bilk people, but passion playing is a bit on my coarse side. I wish businesses would stop playing ANY political games... Remember, they are businesses first, people second. They are there to get you to buy. If they are patriots, more power to them and I generally will buy from a company whose leadership didn't sell us out to arm the agents of opression. And yes, some companies geniunely believe their stances and are actual patriots (not saying there isn't ANY). But to sit there and jump from my seat, clapping fervently, sorry, they'll get a thumbs up from me and I will move on. Call me paranoid or a jagov if you want, but I've got me views... :D

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    i totally get it. and I respect Armalite's decisions. I'll just buy something else.

I like what Midway, LaRue and Olympic (!!!) are doing. I like to support businesses that appreciate my patronage.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    i totally get it. and I respect Armalite's decisions. I'll just buy something else.

I like what Midway, LaRue and Olympic (!!!) are doing. I like to support businesses that appreciate my patronage.

And that's all that matters in the end! Vote with your wallet and it counts. The lobbists in DC vote with their wallet and it counts! lol Not saying it's a bad thing, just saying that money counts for everything. Politics, personal beliefs, ethics, morals, everything centers around the all mighty dollar. You refuse to spend money, you get someone's attention! :yesway:

tude

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    ohio
    More people on the internet now, not like 2008. Every body knows every word by politicians and any company that will arm a LE and not my family.

92LX

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Wait a minute....

I read that as Armalite saying they won't sell to state AGENCIES that deny their citizens rights. Not that they won't stop selling to the public, or individual officers.

I read that as they are doing exactly as Barrett has done. So why all the negative thoughts. Stop with the negative waves.

Armalite says they are standing with pro-2A people and against the .gov agencies that wish to disarm there. Maybe I mis-read it, but it seems first couple posters over-reacted and the pile on ensued.

But I have cash for all those those Arma-lites you guys just can't stand to own anymore. Pennies on the dollar because they are such disgraced and usefull tools now....right?

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I read that as Armalite saying they won't sell to state AGENCIES that deny their citizens rights. Not that they won't stop selling to the public, or individual officers.

I read that as they are doing exactly as Barrett has done. So why all the negative thoughts. Stop with the negative waves.

Armalite says they are standing with pro-2A people and against the .gov agencies that wish to disarm there. Maybe I mis-read it, but it seems first couple posters over-reacted and the pile on ensued.

But I have cash for all those those Arma-lites you guys just can't stand to own anymore. Pennies on the dollar because they are such disgraced and usefull tools now....right?
    It should be fair across the board and not let some power freak govt officials determine it's ok for SOME to have and SOME NOT have it.
    It's still an infringement.
    I've been an Armalite fan from the time I picked mine up and love the thing. I'm sure I can get aftermarket parts, a good smith, or any accessory I want/need from other than Armalite.

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    Oh, give it two years and people will forget all about this

Took me all of 30 seconds to not care anymore. :): Good grief, you can't fault a former cop for wanting to sell to other cops. There's a fraternity there. I had no great opinion of anything beyond the AR-7 before or after I read it. If anything this thread reminded me that I want an AR-7 again.

Top Bottom