• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ttrimcobra

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2013
    Lafayette
    Got stopped tonight for speeding by knox county sheriff department deputy. I knew i screwed up as soon as i met him on the road and saw he started turning around on me. I pulled over at the next intersection, window down and both hands visible. He was very couteous and polite, I immediately informed him that i had my ltch and gun on me. He simply asked where my gun was and then had me proceed to get my ltch, license, registration and insurance out. Checked everything out, asked where we live now, what i was carrying and told me to slow down! very nice guy and MUCH appreciated considering the fiance's jeep needs front rotors, pads, a caliper, and 4 tires in the next week or so!

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Got stopped tonight for speeding by knox county sheriff department deputy. I knew i screwed up as soon as i met him on the road and saw he started turning around on me. I pulled over at the next intersection, window down and both hands visible. He was very couteous and polite, I immediately informed him that i had my ltch and gun on me. He simply asked where my gun was and then had me proceed to get my ltch, license, registration and insurance out. Checked everything out, asked where we live now, what i was carrying and told me to slow down! very nice guy and MUCH appreciated considering the fiance's jeep needs front rotors, pads, a caliper, and 4 tires in the next week or so!

Over the limit really doesn't save you that much time and the risk is substantial these days. I'm on the road 5-6 days every week driving a semi. Guys pass me in a hurry every day. I usually am right behind them having to slow down when they make their next turn. Is 20 seconds faster really worth the risk?
    Just a friendly reminder. A word to the wise should be sufficient.:twocents:

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    A traffic stop handled just the way it should've been. Good job, KC Deputy.

And patience0830 nailed it.... stressing your rush with your accelerator foot really doesn't make enough of a difference to risk it.

Thanks for sharing. :rockwoot:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

Ut-oh... brace yourself for the hatred by those that swear you should never ever EVER volunteer you LTCH and that you are carrying. THATS A PRECURSOR TO PC RIGHT THERE! HOW COULD YOU GIVE UP YOUR GOD GIVEN 4TH AND 5TH AMENDMENT RIGHTS!?! YOU SIR ARE A LOUSY AMERICAN!

ttrimcobra

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2013
    Lafayette
    Over the limit really doesn't save you that much time and the risk is substantial these days. I'm on the road 5-6 days every week driving a semi. Guys pass me in a hurry every day. I usually am right behind them having to slow down when they make their next turn. Is 20 seconds faster really worth the risk?
    Just a friendly reminder. A word to the wise should be sufficient.:twocents:

Yea i'm completely aware that i was over the limit. We were in no hurry at all either but its one of those country roads that has a 35 mph speed limit and everyone run 50-55. I know that i was in the wrong and am just glad he let me off with just a verbal warning, and that the stop went smoothly!

ttrimcobra

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2013
    Lafayette
    Ut-oh... brace yourself for the hatred by those that swear you should never ever EVER volunteer you LTCH and that you are carrying. THATS A PRECURSOR TO PC RIGHT THERE! HOW COULD YOU GIVE UP YOUR GOD GIVEN 4TH AND 5TH AMENDMENT RIGHTS!?! YOU SIR ARE A LOUSY AMERICAN!

HAHA thats ok i have really thick skin! I look at it this way... IF i was an officer I would rather know up front that the person i have pulled over is carrying and has informed me because if i just happen to have it catch my eye in the car it would startle me if i wasn't informed that it was there and would set off my spidey sense! They are out to HELP me as much as they can so i try to return the favor for all the officers do!

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    HAHA thats ok i have really thick skin! I look at it this way... IF i was an officer I would rather know up front that the person i have pulled over is carrying and has informed me because if i just happen to have it catch my eye in the car it would startle me if i wasn't informed that it was there and would set off my spidey sense! They are out to HELP me as much as they can so i try to return the favor for all the officers do!

No kidding... Its not uncommon for a handgun to jump out of a HOLSTER and go all crazy on everyone. :rolleyes:

Ask a cop how many times they have had or heard of a CRIMINAL pulling a gun out of a HOLSTER instead of their pocket, console, from under the seat or sitting on it. :popcorn:

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    I'm almost convinced that individuals that inform LEO's needlessly just want to get into a conversation about guns or look like a BA for having a gun on them just like the po-po. But whatever, if you want to open yourself up to being disarmed and having someone unfamiliar with your gun waving it around trying to unload, and having your rights potentially violated so be it...
    And please don't come back with the "I just wanted to be honest" non-sense...not telling somone something they don't need to know is not being dishonest.

cp009

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    NWI
    I'm almost convinced that individuals that inform LEO's needlessly just want to get into a conversation about guns or look like a BA for having a gun on them just like the po-po. But whatever, if you want to open yourself up to being disarmed and having someone unfamiliar with your gun waving it around trying to unload, and having your rights potentially violated so be it...
    And please don't come back with the "I just wanted to be honest" non-sense...not telling somone something they don't need to know is not being dishonest.

Nailed it on the head. Not informing is in no way being dishonest or wrong.

ttrimcobra

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2013
    Lafayette
    I never feel obliged to inform that I'm wearing underwear and after enough habanero chili and beer that could be a weaponized piece of personal apparel.

MAYBE i wasn't wearing any underwear!! I understand where you are coming from and can see the pros and cons to both informing and not informing. Like I said i just felt more comfortable telling him i was carrying.

Yep thats me exactly!! I just walk around yelling to everyone "HEY EVERYONE I HAVE A GUN ON ME... LOOK AT ME I'VE GOT A GUN!!" I do enjoy a nice conversation about guns every once in a while because I seem to always learn something about them! As far as being disarmed and having my right violated... I'm going to take a wild guess and say you are one of the people who walk around with there camera on just hoping to catch a law enforcement officer quoting a law wrong or just trying to make sure the person carrying a gun down the road isn't a crazy guy who is going to go on a shooting spree, just so you can put it on the interwebz and bash the guy for just trying to do his job. They are human just like you and I and contrary to popular belief are on OUR side! There are quite a few county departments know who teach gun classes to civilians because they cannot be everywhere at the right time and want us to stay alive just as much as they do.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    MAYBE i wasn't wearing any underwear!! I understand where you are coming from and can see the pros and cons to both informing and not informing. Like I said i just felt more comfortable telling him i was carrying.

Yep thats me exactly!! I just walk around yelling to everyone "HEY EVERYONE I HAVE A GUN ON ME... LOOK AT ME I'VE GOT A GUN!!" I do enjoy a nice conversation about guns every once in a while because I seem to always learn something about them! As far as being disarmed and having my right violated... I'm going to take a wild guess and say you are one of the people who walk around with there camera on just hoping to catch a law enforcement officer quoting a law wrong or just trying to make sure the person carrying a gun down the road isn't a crazy guy who is going to go on a shooting spree, just so you can put it on the interwebz and bash the guy for just trying to do his job. They are human just like you and I and contrary to popular belief are on OUR side! There are quite a few county departments know who teach gun classes to civilians because they cannot be everywhere at the right time and want us to stay alive just as much as they do.

No, actually I am someone that will not give up my rights. You obviously haven't been around here too long, not too many of us INGO'ers go walking around with a camera ready to go and shove in a cops face. However, it is smart to carry something that can record an encounter in case you need it later for court or whatever...but of course in your world of make believe LEO's aren't capable of getting anything wrong or violating someone's rights...well maybe they can just not responsible gun owners' rights, right?

Some of us will not compromise and give up freedom to make others feel better about themselves. Some of us know the laws and apparently that makes us paranoid and only out to get LEO's fired or sued...do I have that about right?

ttrimcobra

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2013
    Lafayette
    No, actually I am someone that will not give up my rights. You obviously haven't been around here too long, not too many of us INGO'ers go walking around with a camera ready to go and shove in a cops face. However, it is smart to carry something that can record an encounter in case you need it later for court or whatever...but of course in your world of make believe LEO's aren't capable of getting anything wrong or violating someone's rights...well maybe they can just not responsible gun owners' rights, right?

Some of us will not compromise and give up freedom to make others feel better about themselves. Some of us know the laws and apparently that makes us paranoid and only out to get LEO's fired or sued...do I have that about right?

So do you carry in your place of employment?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clay County
    I'm not a fan of telling the officers I'm carrying unless I have to but to each their own. Sounds like the deputy was pretty cool about everything and didn't make a scene out of it...good deal and props to the KCSD!

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    Even our own Sheriff, THE Sheriff.... #1... says "don't bring it up, unless it's brought up. There's enough going on in a traffic stop without adding gun talk to the mix." I reckon I'll just take his advice. :)

Top Bottom