+1 for a Hendricks County Deputy (story)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • G_Stines

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Central Indiana
    Not knowing the OP, perhaps he looks under the age of 18 and the LEO was only verifying age. Kinda like the card everyone under 40 for smokes now.

Had the OP been lets say a minor with a handgun, or even not a good guy but a bad guy the LEO was doing some investigative work to make sure the individual who has a weapon is legal. Can you fault an LEO for following up on something like this? There are a lot of What if's that can come in to play on this scenario and we don't really need to get into them here, but just sayin I don't have a problem with an LEO following up on a hunch like this, it was less than 2 minutes out of the OP's time for an officer to check to make sure a weapon was being carried legally.

I think this is the case, because I have been told on many occasions that I look much younger than I am. I was once told by a lady that she didn't know that you could be sixteen and be an EMT.:rolleyes: Most people assume me to be 16/17 until I provide the DL. Especially when I have to run and get cigarettes or something. So, I don't blame him a bit. I was just happy that it all went smooth and he got a good chuckle out of it.

To Dgiancola: Absolutely not.

MikePapa1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2010
    North of Nashville, Tennessee
    You ought to contact Dave Galloway, your sheriff, and commend this deputy for both being observant and having a sense of humor. Normally, they only here when someone has a complaint, he'll enjoy the other sort of feedback.

G_Stines

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Central Indiana
    Well, OK then...

Ignore my previous post. :)

Haha. Will do.

You ought to contact Dave Galloway, your sheriff, and commend this deputy for both being observant and having a sense of humor. Normally, they only here when someone has a complaint, he'll enjoy the other sort of feedback.

You know. I just might do that. I wish I had written down his name. I would recognize him if I saw him again.

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    Well I hope you didn't totally give away your manhood and buy her uh, you know, uhm, feminine products!!:laugh:

Dude...I'm in a house full of women, wife, oldest daughter 18 and a set of 14 year old twin girls....I have not, nor will I ever give up my man card for buying feminine products.

I think it's funny that I go walking up to the counter with an armload of products and the teenage cashier asks if I want a bag for them and they turn beet red....I just walk out with said products under said arms.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Hmm

Does the name Mark Morgan or Jim Stoneking ring any bells? Those two used to work Hendricks Cty if I remember right. Large gentlemen and both with a sense of humor. They moonlighted a couple of times where I used to work is how I got to know them. That has been a dozen or more years ago though.

warmachine

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    East Central Indiana
    Well I hope you didn't totally give away your manhood and buy her uh, you know, uhm, feminine products!!:laugh:

Dude...I'm in a house full of women, wife, oldest daughter 18 and a set of 14 year old twin girls....I have not, nor will I ever give up my man card for buying feminine products.

I think it's funny that I go walking up to the counter with an armload of products and the teenage cashier asks if I want a bag for them and they turn beet red....I just walk out with said products under said arms.

IMO it takes a real man to walk into a store then tote around feminine products, pay for them without blushing and walking out WITHOUT the bag. I am married and have a 4 year old daughter and another girl on the way in Feb and I wont hesitate when the time comes to do it. BTW anybody got a male puppy for sale? I need the support. :laugh:

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I am married and have a 4 year old daughter and another girl on the way in Feb and I wont hesitate when the time comes to do it.

I'm not sure what the big deal is with "men" nowadays. Too much Hank Hill perhaps?

Usually planning prevents those sort of last minute needs. After all, it's every friggin month, not like it's a surprise.

I've got two daughters, no way I'd think twice about getting them something when the time comes if they needed it.

Some 'men' are secure enough in their manhood? I don't get it. :dunno:

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    IMO it takes a real man to walk into a store then tote around feminine products, pay for them without blushing and walking out WITHOUT the bag. I am married and have a 4 year old daughter and another girl on the way in Feb and I wont hesitate when the time comes to do it. BTW anybody got a male puppy for sale? I need the support. :laugh:

Got one of those, but the wife fixed him :xmad:

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    People will surprise you sometimes. I habitually CC, even to church. I recently had an 87 yo man comment on my carrying (not complaining about it, he just wanted me to know he knew it was there) ; no one else has even noticed in all the years I've been doing it.

modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    I'm not sure what the big deal is with "men" nowadays. Too much Hank Hill perhaps?

Usually planning prevents those sort of last minute needs. After all, it's every friggin month, not like it's a surprise.

I've got two daughters, no way I'd think twice about getting them something when the time comes if they needed it.

Some 'men' are secure enough in their manhood? I don't get it. :dunno:

Heck, I've changed women's pads before. I'm a nurse though. I think a guy would have no problem buying them for his lady, because the people around him know they aren't for him and know he's heterosexual.

Top Bottom