• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jve153

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    +1 to the staff at that restaurant. i also like that they are not open on sunday because the owner believes they should not be. do what you want with your own business, and let other people do the same. if only i thought their food was any good, i would frequent them.

T2D4

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    i didnt get the memo and went to honkers instead after kodiak.

CFA doesn't strike me as a place to frown upon OC. they're staunch in their morals.

Longhair

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    He replied stating that you must be 21 to obtain a "handgun permit".

She then informed me that he stated he was a LEO and has been for 9 years.

Something dosen't sound right here.....if he's an LEO for nine years he would surely know if you can serve your country and vote at age 18 your can get your ltch at 18.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    Something dosen't sound right here.....if he's an LEO for nine years he would surely know if you can serve your country and vote at age 18 your can get your ltch at 18.

There are a lot of cops out there who have no clue about the LTC rules and regulations.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    CFA: The Taste of Freedom

They're breakfast sandwiches are really good too.

I OC at the CFA on 135 in Greenwood too and have never had an incident. In fact, all the stores, restaurants, banks, etc...along 135 in greenwood are very cool about OC.

NDguido

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Nappnee, Indiana
    Tonight around 6pm, I went to the chick-fil-a off Michigan st and Ireland in South Bend with a friend.

After placing my order I received my drink and stepped back to get napkins and a straw. At this time a male that appeared to be in his mid-30's who asked if I was 21.
    I responded by simply saying "no".
    He then asked if my gun was real, I then replied that it was and that you need to be 18 in Indiana to carry.
    He replied stating that you must be 21 to obtain a "handgun permit".
    I then corrected him saying that you only have to be 18 in Indiana.
    He then told me that just because I have it doesn't mean I have to carry it out like that (referring to OC'ing)
    I simply told him that's his opinion and I clearly feel differently about it and walked away.

As I was at the end of the counter waiting for my food he went to order to the register closest to me (it was the one without a line) and stated that his order would be to go because he doesn't "want to be anywhere that there is a kid walking around with a gun"
    The cashier was confused at first from his comment and then responded saying that I am legally allowed to carry and it is not against their company policy. After hearing that I was given my food and walked away to sit down.
    From my table I saw him continue to talk to her and then eventually a manager. He then looked as though to be pouting as he got his food and left.

After the lines were all clear, that cashier (Sheri) came over to me and said she didn't even notice my gun when she took my order and that her husband has his LTCH (possible INGO members?). She then informed me that he stated he was a LEO and has been for 9 years during their conversation and that he would not be returning because of their policy.

In summary it was a great to see a cashier who was informed and that handled everything as well as she did. The manager never came over to say anything to me at all, I enjoyed my food and we left.

I can't begin to tell you how encouraging it is to hear a person of your age represent the 2A and OC as intelligently as you have in this example.

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    CFA: The Taste of Freedom

They're breakfast sandwiches are really good too.

I OC at the CFA on 135 in Greenwood too and have never had an incident. In fact, all the stores, restaurants, banks, etc...along 135 in greenwood are very cool about OC.

You know about the free breakfast item on Tuesday mornings right? Changes weekly but buy a med or large drink and sometimes it's a free chicken biscuit, sausage biscuit, mini's, etc. not a bad deal considering I'll roll through and get a large unsweetened tea on the way to work.

Black Cloud

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I've worshipped at the Church of Chick Fil A since I was in down in Bragg in '84. While it doesn't taste the same as back then, it's still a great place to eat, the customer service is top notch, and the policies are inline with my beliefs. They will continue to get my business.

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    A little OT:
    The only time I have ever had trouble to CFA the manager LOL at me when I told him about it, so I emailed CFA.com to let them know what happened. They were happy that I let them know about the problem & said they would take care of it and talk to the owner.
    My problem:
    1. We walk in about 10min before they close & the workers are happy to take care of us.
    2. Our food is always right, hot & good.
    3. The place is clean.

This was at the one in Noblesville and now we have the same problems with the one in Avon on US36.

LanceRobbins24

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    South Bend
    I know the owner (Edward Endres) and he is a great man. I OC in his restaurant regularly and he has absolutely no problem with the 2nd amendment. He even offers uniformed LEO a free meal when they eat there. I've gotten to know the marketing director (Jenn) over the past couple years and they have been more than generous with donations to an annual golf outing I run for a friend that passed from breast cancer at a young age. I eat at that CFA at least once a week, if not more. Not only are the people that run it top notch, so is the food.

Top Bottom