• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ryang

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    Tonight around 6pm, I went to the chick-fil-a off Michigan st and Ireland in South Bend with a friend.

After placing my order I received my drink and stepped back to get napkins and a straw. At this time a male that appeared to be in his mid-30's who asked if I was 21.
    I responded by simply saying "no".
    He then asked if my gun was real, I then replied that it was and that you need to be 18 in Indiana to carry.
    He replied stating that you must be 21 to obtain a "handgun permit".
    I then corrected him saying that you only have to be 18 in Indiana.
    He then told me that just because I have it doesn't mean I have to carry it out like that (referring to OC'ing)
    I simply told him that's his opinion and I clearly feel differently about it and walked away.

As I was at the end of the counter waiting for my food he went to order to the register closest to me (it was the one without a line) and stated that his order would be to go because he doesn't "want to be anywhere that there is a kid walking around with a gun"
    The cashier was confused at first from his comment and then responded saying that I am legally allowed to carry and it is not against their company policy. After hearing that I was given my food and walked away to sit down.
    From my table I saw him continue to talk to her and then eventually a manager. He then looked as though to be pouting as he got his food and left.

After the lines were all clear, that cashier (Sheri) came over to me and said she didn't even notice my gun when she took my order and that her husband has his LTCH (possible INGO members?). She then informed me that he stated he was a LEO and has been for 9 years during their conversation and that he would not be returning because of their policy.

In summary it was a great to see a cashier who was informed and that handled everything as well as she did. The manager never came over to say anything to me at all, I enjoyed my food and we left.

ryang

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    The one in Plainfield hasn't said anything to me yet.
    This was the first time I have had anything said to me at one. I don't think it would have happened at all without the customer complaint.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    We went there after a great morning at Kodiak and no one said a word to me. There policy is to follow state laws.

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    You should have said something funny.
    "Yea, but I don't have a permit"

Hehe

After he flips out and tells whoever, say " I have my license right here "

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Ryang, I would like to ask you to call or write the manager that store and thank them for their position, maybe tell them this story. It would serve to counter the complaint(s) the manager may be getting from this guy and/or others.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I was at that very same place today after my trip to Kodiak. I was kinda OC/CC at the time because of my jacket but nothing was said to me. I guess my new INGO camo hat made me incognito :D

Degtyaryov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    lots of people don't grasp that adults under 21 can buy and carry pistols in the great state of Indiana. I got my first a few weeks after turning 18.

ryang

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    Ryang, I would like to ask you to call or write the manager that store and thank them for their position, maybe tell them this story. It would serve to counter the complaint(s) the manager may be getting from this guy and/or others.

I will make sure to contact them about this, thanks for reminding me to

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    I am in the Plainfield location quite often. Never a word has been said or even a second look. I do think though they show no concern one way or the other or anyone gives a second thought because of the amount of traffic they get from ILEA. Either way on the support day I think I saw about three others carrying and there was at least 100 people in line at any given time

CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City

Please do this!!! I bet you the other guy is calling their corporate office and complaining.

I stuck my neck on the line several times for people carrying when I was a manager in retail, I wish they would have called corporate to support me the same way I supported them.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    And you may want to say that you are on a forum with 29k members, and some of them appreciate it also.
    You may want to word it better than I said.

Top Bottom