1/9/2010 Range Report: DDM4, AK74, Rem 870, P22, GSG-5, Glock19, Ruger 22/45, Mosin

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    Scutter, Lars and myself braved the elements and headed to Hamilton County Fish and Game this morning. We had a great time shooting and had the range all to ourselves. In fact, it looked like we were the first ones out there in days. We brought several weapons :ingo:

DDM4 - Lar's took his out for the first time and mine shot like a champ again. I have yet to have a failure with this gun. I'll have Lars chine in on the performance of his DDM4. It seemed to run great on quality ammo. We both bought these guns at 21st Century Firearms in Blufton

img0085a.jpg

img0089wu.jpg

I brought two types of ammo to run through my DDM4 today. PMC Bronze and ammo from our Very own Mike_M at Acme Ammo. I also ran some of Lars' smelly Wolf ammo. The M4 ate it all.

The ACME Ammo ran great!

Scutter had his new 870 for the first time and I had the chance to shoot mine since I put some new goodies on it and had Cory from Nash GunWerx paint it. Both ran like champs. Both bought from our friends at Tactical Shotgunner

I had the chance to shoot my GSG-5 for the first time and Scutter put some more rounds through his pimped out GSG. What a fun gun! I just need to buy some extra mags. They both ran flawlessly and both bought through 21st Century!

Lars brought out his trusty AK74 acquired from Techres. This thing is reliable and ejects casings about a mile away!

My Glock 19 and Ruger 22/45. I had several problems with my Glock today. I'm not sure if it was the cold weather but it just wouldn't run.

I'm joking. My Glock always runs. :): Ruger ran like a sewing machine as well!

My AAC M4-2000 is very fun. Scutter remarked that with out ear pro it sounded like an unsuppressed .22

The AK74 develops an icicle

Lars and the Mosin

:ingo:

Daniel Defense makes the best stuff!!! I love mine!

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    No kidding... who would have thunk it. Is that common for all Mosins?

No, only for the M44's. The other ones don't have permanently-attached bayos. From 7.62x54r.net:

Q. Why does my M44 shoot so far to the left (or right) of the point of aim?
    A. M44s were sighted in with the bayonet extended. Shooting with the bayonet stowed affects the barrel harmonics and can change the point of impact by as much as 1 foot per 100 yards. Not all M44s are effected this much or even at all. Either shoot with the bayonet extended or drift the front sight to compensate for the difference.
    Q. My M91/30 bayonet is numbered to the rifle, but it won't fit on the muzzle, why is that?
    A. Soviet military doctrine called for the bayonet to remain fixed to the rifle at all times with the exception of traveling by motor vehicle or when in long term storage. The bayonet will go on, but it will be a very tight fit and will be difficult to remove. This is good for charging infantry, but not collectors. The inside of the bayonet socket can be opened slightly with a dowel wrapped with sandpaper to make fixing and removal easier.
    Sorry for the newbie comment, but what are you shooting at with the 870?

A target? I guess I'm not sure what you're asking. In the photos, the target stand with the giant hole in it was made by an 870 loaded with #8 shot.

Hint: It's NOT the target with a bayonet sticking through it...
    img0080oz.jpg

in_betts

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    North of FW
    Nice report! I shot with a group this morning as well. A whoppin 9° when we started and even though the sun was beautiful I was pretty cold by noon. Still better than a day at work!

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    My DDM4 ran like a top when I loaded it with ACME and PMC.

Lots of FTF problems with the Wolf. About 50% of them were a closed bolt on an empty chamber. The other 50% were rounds getting pinned between the bolt and chamber at a 45 degree angle.

Even today when it was about 15f out it tossed empties at least 15' to my right. When it's warm I'm pretty sure from HCFG it tosses the empties into downtown Indy.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    It got considerably colder as the morning went on. :ar15:

Nice report! I shot with a group this morning as well. A whoppin 9° when we started and even though the sun was beautiful I was pretty cold by noon. Still better than a day at work!

DecaturGB

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    I sure enjoyed your report here. I have not been logged in here for awhile and it was good to read about your trip to the range. Glad you had a good day.

Top Bottom