• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Made a quick run to Meijer in Camby this afternoon to pick up a few things and happened to walk through the meat section and noticed that they had some ground beef at 20% off for quick sell and decided to pick up 5.5 pounds and make some patties for dinner tonight and some to be frozen.

So after getting home and starting to divide up the patties by weight, I had a brainstorm.

2 weeks ago for my birthday party my wife had for me, she bought a rather large bag of Gordon Food Service bacon crumbles, so it was mostly full and had been used for salads that day, and we used it on a couple of frozen pizzas, but for the most part I was either going to have to freeze it to use later, or use a lot in a hurry or waste it.

Soooo, I decided to use some and freeze the rest in 4 different bags, and here's the bacon burger goodness as it was made.

1/2 pound of ground beef with 4 tablespoons of bacon :bacondance: crumbles before mixing them up and making patties.
    2012-03-01_18-49-52_715.jpg

Six of the ten made sitting ready to be made into patties
    2012-03-01_18-50-00_90.jpg

Grill was out of propane (Hank Hill had not stopped by) so cooked on the stove top.
    2012-03-01_19-25-37_480.jpg

Some steak fries to go with it and I was a happy camper.
    2012-03-01_19-43-26_544.jpg

Mrs. IBM is not a big red meat eater, but a slice of cheese on her's and with the bacon mixed in, she was really liking the IBM Bacon Burger special!

Nice thing is that I got 6 in the freezer for the upcoming week and cooked the seventh on for Mrs. IBM for tomorrow.

This will give me and my mother in law something quick and easy to fix next week when she's up for a day or two after my eye surgery to helpme out with the dogs since I'll have a 5 pound restriction.

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    1/2lb??? rookie.......

Na, ya size down as you get older.:D
    Considering I snacked about 1.5 hours before I fixed these. If I had not, it would have been 1/2 weight after cooking!

nonstick pans are bad for you
    just sayin'

And you know they say cooking food over an open fire is a source of cancer too, but throughout the history of man we continue to cook over fire and continue to live longer.

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    This spring? LOL, my grill gets used year around. I'm smoking a pork shoulder tomorrow night.

Granted, it's been WARM here, but I'll grill a steak/smoke a pork butt with 6+" of snow on the ground.:):

Forgot about your year round grilling!

I got 2 racks of St. Louis ribs thawing in the garage fridge right now for a Sat afternoon ribfest for me and my buddy. Gonna sit upstairs and watch a yet to be decided Blu-Ray on the BIG screen, while having some lip smacking good ribs.

Mmmmmmm Ribs.....

Ribs1.jpg

Nom nom nom nom nom nom nom...mmmmmmmm!!!

Top Bottom