• ...and so much more!
  • miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Oklahoma, OK!

Now you know why the song said, "Oklahoma, OK"...

NewsOK

Can you imagine a 911 Operator acting this way in California, New York or Illinois?

ezdubbin97

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2009
    Lafayette
    Thats a position I doubt any of us would want to be in, good for her for doing what she had to without hesitation. A big thumbs up to the operator for supporting her through the entire episode. I suppose if it was in Illinois the operator would have instructed her to find a long object to shove down her throat and commence vomiting, as well as possibly shove a couch cushion in her shirt to simulate pregnancy. :rolleyes:

Goes to show that in a real world situation, faking pregnancy or inducing vomiting will do little to scare off an intruder that doesn't run at the sight of a shotgun barrel.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Thats a position I doubt any of us would want to be in, good for her for doing what she had to without hesitation. A big thumbs up to the operator for supporting her through the entire episode. I suppose if it was in Illinois the operator would have instructed her to find a long object to shove down her throat and commence vomiting, as well as possibly shove a couch cushion in her shirt to simulate pregnancy. :rolleyes:

Goes to show that in a real world situation, faking pregnancy or inducing vomiting will do little to scare off an intruder that doesn't run at the sight of a shotgun barrel.

It took 20 minutes for a LEO to arrive on the scene, and anti gun hating left wing nut jobs think that they can protect themselves by only calling 911.

In that 20 minutes a physco drug crazed lunatic could have broken in a house and wiped out an entire family.

I always preach this that 911 alone does not save you from imminent danger. Call 911 if you can and protect your loved ones and yourself with your firearm till they arrive.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Thats a position I doubt any of us would want to be in, good for her for doing what she had to without hesitation. A big thumbs up to the operator for supporting her through the entire episode.

Yeah. At first I was thinking, "Can't wait until she whacks him!"

Then, after 10 minutes of this poor woman BEGGING for them to send someone to help her STAT, and hearing that idiot yelling and pounding on her door, I got a sick pit in my stomach and thought, "Miguel, this ain't no Dirty Harry movie..."

Honestly, I felt badly that I had initially approached this topic (partially) for entertainment value, but am glad she had the confidence to resolve her problem when it came down to brass tacks. This old gal has some huge stones -- titanium to boot! Hope I could muster half of her courage if the time came, God forbid.

And I guess this settles the question of whether you need a 12GA for home defense. Seems a 16GA would do in a pinch...

Last edited:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    medium

The guy apparently had a mugshot on file.

Can you imagine this guy breaking through your window?

Last edited:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    First thing. Best wishes for the lady she did what she should of did. And glad she's okay physically. But from what she sounded like on that tape and from what I read in the other news report she is going to take it hard, very hard, in this exact instance I probably would too.

The guy probably wasn't planning on committing violence to her or even steal, he was drunk and probably on drugs, he crashed his truck with his sister Patricia in it and she was found in the truck "unconscious from what they called an overdose of alcohol and narcotics". I'm guessing the guy was trashed out of his mind and was trying to get help. And I don't fault the lady, I hope I would be as calm and collected as she was and do the same as she did, but it's going to hit her hard in my opinion although it shouldn't and my prayers are with her.

NewsOK

bigiron

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    NWI hiding in the bushes
    WOW!!!! i'm still shaking. make a point to pray for this woman because clearly by the tape and reports she is beyond shaken up and i'm sure will go through hell reliving this for a long time. a great point and one i will share with my wife. it can take an eternity for LEO to arrive. 5 minutes always seems like 5 hours in an emergency. she did great by keeping in mind her presence of mind and her communication with dispatch. she kept a level head, never tried to run and never communicated with the BG. never count yourself out in these situations and always keep your composure. i want my wife to listen although she will lose intrest. Donna did a textbook job and should be highly praised by local and national media for her actions. ufortunately, you'll never hear about this outside OK unless its on a forum like this one. sleep well Donna, you did well!

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    God bless that woman. I hope she gets through this okay. I'm guessing a judge should have put this freak away a long time ago and saved this poor woman the torment of having to kill him.

Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Tragic

Wow, that is the most dramatic 911 recording I have ever heard by far.
    That poor woman - I will pray for her.

Some observations: The 911 dispatcher is a poor listener, the caller had to clarify herself about 10 times and try to get the dispatcher to listen. This lady did not want her husband called - did I hear that right? Lastly her son whom she wanted to speak with desperately asked his highly traumatized mother to make him some coffee. This woman gets very little support it sounds like to me. Wow, what an event.

Rep for the OP for putting this up.

Terry

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    Lastly her son whom she wanted to speak with desperately asked his highly traumatized mother to make him some coffee. This woman gets very little support it sounds like to me. Wow, what an event.

Being on the end of a phone call like that, without all the details, he may have just used this as a tactic to calm her. I would imagine he was in a state of panic also. This was something he just blurted out to take his mother's mind of the situation.:dunno:

Calling 911 = 20 minute wait.
    That about says it all.:twocents:

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Lastly her son whom she wanted to speak with desperately asked his highly traumatized mother to make him some coffee. This woman gets very little support it sounds like to me. Wow, what an event.

Being on the end of a phone call like that, without all the details, he may have just used this as a tactic to calm her. I would imagine he was in a state of panic also. This was something he just blurted out to take his mother's mind of the situation.:dunno:

Calling 911 = 20 minute wait.
    That about says it all.:twocents:

That was my thought as well--do something normal and ordinary to break her out of the cycle of going round and round about that she just killed a man.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    A try at perspective

We take a lot for granted.

If you've been out in the Oklahoma sticks you know gravel and dirt roads are more common than paved and all laid out in one mile squares. Note that the dispatcher asked her if she lived on the corner of that mile square. Means she is way out there somewhere and it would be surprising if the county had 2 deputies on duty. I'd say the response time was as good as could be expected. You can just about take it to the bank that the responding officers were driving hard on gravel and/or dirt roads. It's apparent that the 911 center had more than one person working which is also a good thing. If the dispatcher had been there alone, it would have been even more chaotic. She told her son she didn't want her husband notified because he was at work in Tulsa and she was afraid he'd crash trying to get there.

She's a very brave lady with a load of intestinal fortitude and I wish her well. She showed more restraint than many people would have but did what she had to do when push came to shove! The people I've met who live way out in rural areas are all pretty self-dependant. They know they are going to have to do for themselves because help, of any kind, can be a long time coming. I think everybody involved did everything they could. God bless 'em all.

DRob

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    It took 20 minutes for a LEO to arrive on the scene, and anti gun hating left wing nut jobs think that they can protect themselves by only calling 911.

In that 20 minutes a physco drug crazed lunatic could have broken in a house and wiped out an entire family.

I always preach this that 911 alone does not save you from imminent danger. Call 911 if you can and protect your loved ones and yourself with your firearm till they arrive.

I was watching Fox News this morning and seen this. ^ that's pretty much what I was thinking. I mean, obviously she was defending herself, but I don't think I would have told the dispatcher I was going to shoot him. Besides that, kudos for her for defending herself.

Yea, 20 minutes is a bit crazy. If anyone can say that relying on 911 is better than relying on your gun after this, they have no compassion. Or common sense!

Top Bottom