9   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I had to get this out of my mailbox!!!

January 22, 2009
    Op-Ed Columnist
    The Remaking of America

By NICHOLAS D. KRISTOF
    At the end of Bill Clinton’s presidency in January 2001, the Web site The Onion declared: “Our long national nightmare of peace and prosperity is over.”

That was supposed to be satire, but in retrospect it proved a shrewd analysis. One measure of the bleak trajectory of the last eight years is that today The Onion looks equally astute when it says of the latest transition: “Black man given nation’s worst job.”
    That man is making an excellent start, and news Web sites all over the world capture the globe’s eagerness — even desperation — for American leadership.

“Let the remaking of America begin today,” declared The Guardian, in Britain. The Independent called Inauguration Day “a day for hope.”
    In Germany, Chancellor Angela Merkel spoke of “a truly great hour for America” that offered “a multitude of opportunities.” The Times of India welcomed “a new beginning.” In Northern Ireland, The Belfast Telegraph asked: “Can Obama save us all?”

A BBC poll in 17 nations found that on average 67 percent believed that President Obama would improve America’s relations with the rest of the world; just 5 percent thought the opposite (or maybe feared that if they seemed critical of George W. Bush, they would be water boarded). :):

TK :patriot:

txgho1911

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    DFW
    [FONT=&quot]Thank you for the RAINBOWS and UNICORNFARTS. I never knew a 1 size fits all would actually fit me.
    Now would someone mind telling me why the GNOMES ARE RIOTING? [/FONT]

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    Its a sad commentary on the civilized world, regardless of who is the President, of how the world has become a victim society. Everyone is waiting on someone else to save them. There is no personal responsibility anymore, aside from pockets of sanity.

"eagerness — even desperation — for American leadership."

Desperation is a good word.

Turn Key

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Its a sad commentary on the civilized world, regardless of who is the President, of how the world has become a victim society. Everyone is waiting on someone else to save them. There is no personal responsibility anymore, aside from pockets of sanity.

"eagerness — even desperation — for American leadership."

Desperation is a good word.

+1 bro

My OP was not my best. This may cheer it up a bit.

Bob Hope on Zombies & Democrats

Politics :: Bob Hope video by snopesbinary - Photobucket

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    Love Bob and that was funny stuff. A couple years ago I bought the whole "Road" series with he and Bing. I can never get enough of those movies.

Turn Key

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Love Bob and that was funny stuff. A couple years ago I bought the whole "Road" series with he and Bing. I can never get enough of those movies.

I'll bet they were great to watch, we found the box set of the original Perry Mason TV series all in B&W. Those old shows are not all loaded with compter generated effects. Real TV!

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    [FONT=&quot]Thank you for the RAINBOWS and UNICORNFARTS. I never knew a 1 size fits all would actually fit me.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Now would someone mind telling me why the GNOMES ARE RIOTING? [/FONT]

unicornfart.jpg

I do think the Onion headline is accurate, though: given.

I am reminded of the picture I've seen on the side of quite a few semi-trailers, showing a Marine sword and captioned, "Earned. Never given."

Obama was given the Presidency by an effective political machine, a complicit media, and an electorate who knew not what they wrought.

Blessings,
    Bill​

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Northside Indpls
    Obama was given the Presidency by an effective political machine, a complicit media, and an electorate who knew not what they wrought.​

hmm, maybe also because his endorsements spent the most money. Don't forget they're just pawns that are bought. Also maybe it was given to him like you said, but unlike Bush, he didn't steal it. :twocents:

Top Bottom