• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gassprint1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    I did a firearm transfer for a non resident alien a few years back. My first reaction when the guy inquired about it was the same as yours, but I did some checking and yep, sure enough.

There was at least one extra form that had to be completed and attached to the standard 4473, and the non citizen had to show proof of something or other that a US citizen doesn’t have to show, but aside from that, it wasn’t a crazy process.
    Crazy. I'm assuming your in Kentucky? From what i read about indiana parts for filings, a social security number is required. Wonder how that works for that part. Need all the ffl dealers to chime in if they experienced this before..

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Crazy. I'm assuming your in Kentucky? From what i read about indiana parts for filings, a social security number is required. Wonder how that works for that part. Need all the ffl dealers to chime in if they experienced this before..
    No this was in Indiana. I don’t remember the details, but this guy was here legitimately, for an extended period of time for work. He had already been in the country for several months and I don’t remember how much longer he had left before he would have to return to his home country.

I do remember him having an immigration number, so I assume that is what I used on his form. I have no idea what the requirements are for him and the firearm when his time is up and he has to return home.

jbm1521

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2024
    Shelbyville
    As a legal workers in the US, we have a SSN and Driver's license

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    So back when I worked at a gun shop, we had a couple of Chinese national citizens who were students at the university of Evansville, and once one bought a rifle, the owner of the shop asked for his hunting license, he pulled it out and the owner copied it, and wrote some info on the 4473.

When I asked why, he said that if they had a hunting license, then they showed a need for a rifle (in the states eyes)…even though none of the Chinese citizens went hunting!

Every now and then there’d be a group of 15-20 Chinese college age people who’d come in a clear us out of 223,7.62x39 and 7.62x54! I imagine they all had a fun day at the range!

jbm1521

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2024
    Shelbyville
    Interested to hear how this goes for you.
    Update: Apparently it is possible for non-immigrants to obtain guns. During the week I went to the shooting range at Indy Arms Company and the person at the counter told me that only with a visa, ID and a hunting license can you obtain guns, even if you only have an apprentice's license.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Update: Apparently it is possible for non-immigrants to obtain guns. During the week I went to the shooting range at Indy Arms Company and the person at the counter told me that only with a visa, ID and a hunting license can you obtain guns, even if you only have an apprentice's license.
    So did you get something yet? Anything good?

HHollow

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    An alien with a green card or temporary work visa is allowed by ATF to buy a gun. However, the big box rural stores in my area will not sell to anyone unless they have an instate DL or ID.

Top Bottom