1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Your Price: $450.00
    July 20-21, 2013
    CLOSE RANGE GUNFIGHTING
    Rochester, Indiana
    Instructor: Michael Swisher

This is our flagship course and goes as far as you can safely go on a square range with live-fire pistols. The dynamic curriculum surpasses the traditional handgun methods commonly taught in most institutions and focuses of the use of the pistol in aggressive close range applications likely in individual civilian street encounters.

The class begins with a tune-up of the fundamentals, then we progress quickly to new skills such as Proactive and Reactive Manipulations, Shooting While Moving Off The X, Reality-Based Multiple Hostiles Engagement, 360 degree CQB Movement, Danger-Close Fighting, Bilateral Shooting, 360 degree After Action Assessment Methods, and Integrating the Flashlight and Other Tools into the Firing Platform. This is the life-saving material that is often ignored in many other programs. In two days, you will receive more information than most armed professionals ever get!

We must point out that THIS COURSE IS NOT FOR THE NOVICE SHOOTER. If you have not received basic instruction, or have a question about your skill level, please call us first.
    DURATION: 2 days
    TIME: 9:00AM to 5:00PM
    PREREQUISITES: NONE
    AMMUNITION: Approximately 500 rounds (Minimum)
    YOU NEED TO BRING:

Spare clothing appropriate to the weather, lunch/snacks and water (minimum of 1 gallon per person) for the entire day, baseball or other style hat, sun screen, bug repellent, allergy medication (if needed), chair (if you have a problem with sitting on the ground, note taking paper/pen/pencil and a boo boo kit (band aids, gauze pads, antiseptic wipes, antibiotic ointment and tape)
    REQUIREMENTS:

Modern Defensive Pistol, holster specifically made for that pistol and designed to be worn on the belt, 3 Magazines and Magazine Pouch, A Belt of the same width as the belt loops for the holster and magazine pouches, Range Safety Gear (Eye protection, and ear protection)
    2111 E. 350 North
    Rochester, IN 46975
    Sand Burr Gun Ranch

July 20-21, 2013 - Close Range Gunfighting - Rochester, IN

Pitmaster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    This class would be a great follow up after taking CPM this month. Unfortunately, I'm the match director for the ICORE Central States Revolver Championship.

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    Definitely on my radar, Mike. Like others, I need to scrape together my pennies and check the schedule before I commit.

You ARE guaranteeing good weather, right? :D

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    Thanks Not sure if JD Haines is going to make it to this one to act as my CQB dummy or not. Even with your fragility you did a great job in that role last year , so I guess I wouldn't mind having you back .:D

It's on my calendar and I'm planning on being there. Maybe we can gang up on ICP...

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    If you are the type of student who likes a small class for more private attention, it looks like this is going to be the class for you. Still a little time to sign up. If you are worried about ammo, we can adjust as needed. (within reason.)

Newhoosier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    Kouts
    I have the time, cash, and the ammo ( if your ok with reloads ) i doubt i have 500 factory. I have been shooting for at least 40 years and spent 4 years in the Marines ( infantry) but other than that the only training was a basic pistol course for my Ohio ccw . Do you feel i have the required experence for this course or would you prefer i take a simpler course first.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I have the time, cash, and the ammo ( if your ok with reloads ) i doubt i have 500 factory. I have been shooting for at least 40 years and spent 4 years in the Marines ( infantry) but other than that the only training was a basic pistol course for my Ohio ccw . Do you feel i have the required experence for this course or would you prefer i take a simpler course first.
    I will have a great assistant at this class. It may seem a little info heavy for you, but if you already have gun safety firmly in hand, you should be fine.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Since there is going to be at least one INGO member at the class, I will post this update. It looks like the hot weather may break just in time for the class. The only negative to this is that it could still be raining Sat. morning, so bring the rain gear of your choice. Also, I spoke to Ashley at Sand Burr (the range), and she said the mosquitoes are horrible. I will be bringing spray, but if you are one of those 20% of Americans that these bloodsuckers find particularly attractive, you may want to think about wearing a loose fitting long sleeve shirt.

Looking forward to a great class this weekend.

Top Bottom