• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wiuteke

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2008
    Nappanee Conservation Club (Nappanee, IN) is welcoming Tom Givens back for 1 day of Advanced Pistol and 1 day of Defensive Shotgun. We had a GREAT Combative Pistol 1 class last year and are excited for this.
    You may sign up for either or both days. $250 for one day or $450 for both (includes $25 range fee).

Saturday June 28, 2014:
    Advanced Pistol
    Round count:~ 400
    Time: 9-6 EST
    Advanced Pistol Skills is an extensive work-out of the essential skills involved in self-defense with a handgun. Topics covered include presentation from the concealed carry holster; accurate shooting at high speed; fast, reliable reloading techniques; one handed shooting; malfunction remedies; and much more.

Sunday June 29, 2014:
    Defensive Shotgun
    Round count: 125 rounds birdshot, 50 rounds buckshot, and 15 slugs
    The shotgun is one of the most effective and versatile weapons available to the average private citizen or police officer. It is also the least understood and most under-utilized weapon system. Learn how to properly select, modify, feed and operate your defensive shotgun for optimum effectiveness. This intensive course will teach you efficient techniques for handling and shooting the shotgun under stressful conditions.

Please contact Steve Clay at sclay896@yahoo.com for more info and to register

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Even though I got the date wrong on my schedule, (I had it down for the 21st and 22nd) I am going to try and get to this. June looks to be shaping up to be a busy month with going to Memphis at the beginning of the month for the Rangemaster Advanced Instructor class, and then Advanced Handgun with Mike Pannone middle of the month. With Tom coming this close to home I don't want to miss it. Plan on hearing from me soon.

wiuteke

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2008
    Hey all, just a reminder this class is coming up quickly. Please reply if interested. Should be GREAT training.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    What are the prerequisites for the two classes?

Nappanee Conservation Club (Nappanee, IN) is welcoming Tom Givens back for 1 day of Advanced Pistol and 1 day of Defensive Shotgun. We had a GREAT Combative Pistol 1 class last year and are excited for this.
    You may sign up for either or both days. $250 for one day or $450 for both (includes $25 range fee).

Saturday June 28, 2014:
    Advanced Pistol
    Round count:~ 400
    Advanced Pistol Skills is an extensive work-out of the essential skills involved in self-defense with a handgun. Topics covered include presentation from the concealed carry holster; accurate shooting at high speed; fast, reliable reloading techniques; one handed shooting; malfunction remedies; and much more.

Sunday June 29, 2014:
    Defensive Shotgun
    Round count: 125 rounds birdshot, 50 rounds buckshot, and 15 slugs
    The shotgun is one of the most effective and versatile weapons available to the average private citizen or police officer. It is also the least understood and most under-utilized weapon system. Learn how to properly select, modify, feed and operate your defensive shotgun for optimum effectiveness. This intensive course will teach you efficient techniques for handling and shooting the shotgun under stressful conditions.

Please contact Steve Clay at sclay896@yahoo.com for more info and to register

wiuteke

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2008
    What are the prerequisites for the two classes?

For Saturday, an entry level pistol class from a reputable instructor. Please provide details.
    Sunday is a basic shotgun course so, general safety and familiarity applies.

wiuteke

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2008
    Will Mr. Givens be in town teaching the classs personally? He's on my list of people I'd like to experience.

Yes, Tom will be teaching the class and he will likely have his wife (Lynn) along as an AI. She is great and will help the ladies in the class too (sometimes they have different issues). ;)

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    For Saturday, an entry level pistol class from a reputable instructor. Please provide details.
    Sunday is a basic shotgun course so, general safety and familiarity applies.

Email sent!

Really? I am guessing you are asking for someone else? ;) I am signed up and will be there unless Tom tells me he never wants to see me again after this upcoming weekend in Memphis.

Eh, I was asking for me. You never know ... sometimes instructors require their previous courses in order to participate in subsequent classes. It never hurts to ask!

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Sending the check Monday. Figured it would be a good excuse to hang with Rhino and Cedartop.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Ugh. Good pistol class on one end of the state, Braulio Estima in the area on the other end of the state, same days. Decisions.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Sending the check Monday. Figured it would be a good excuse to hang with Rhino and Cedartop.

I'm still in "maybe" territory. Got the mercop class the previous weekend and some other obligations I'm trying to shuffle.

Top Bottom