• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosier31

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2012
    Bedford
    First off, I want to thank Steve at On Target Training for extending this offer to host this class for free to a few INGO members. Being a fairly new shooter, I had been searching all over for a class that was not only affordable, but was also not so advanced that I would fall behind, and this class popped up at just the perfect time for me.
    I wasn't really sure what to expect out of a 4-hour class, most classes I had looked into were at leas 8-hour classes if not longer, and being a full-time student with a full-time job, it's hard to set a whole day aside for anything like that, so the shorter class was definitely appealing.
    We covered A LOT of stuff in the short 4-hours we were on the range Saturday. We covered everything from basic fundamentals, to mentality, to reloading/clearing malfunctions, all the way to engaging multiple targets. We learned a lot of drills that you can take home or to the range and practice on your own. In such a short amount of time, I think this is the most important thing to take away from the class, you need to PRACTICE these things. 4 hours or even 8 hours on the range is not going to be enough to ingrain these principles into your mind. I think Steve did a great job of cutting out a lot of the BS and just let us get to work and teaching the principles of shooting/concealed carry rather than just pushing his own techniques on everyone and forcing them to do everything his way.
    I have to admit, that being a new shooter, I was really nervous going into this class. And I was even more nervous when I went up to the target and I was shooting all over the place. Luckily, Steve was an extremely patient instructor, and spent some time with me explaining trigger control, grip, and stance. By the end of the day, I was shooting much better and much more relaxed.
    The bottom line is that if you carry a concealed firearm, you should take this class. In my opinion, as long as you know how your gun works, and you have a basic grasp of shooting fundamentals, you can probably jump right into this class. I had a really good time and I took home a lot of valuable information and I hope in the future I will be able to take the Steve's level 2 class.

Latewatch

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Henryville, IN
    Thanks Toby, it was great meeting you. Glad you enjoyed the training as much as I enjoyed training with you. Look forward to seeing you again somewhere down the road.

hoosier31

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2012
    Bedford
    Thanks again for having me! I definitely hope to take the level 2 class in the future! I might even take the level one class again, that was a lot of information to soak up in 4 hours.

Top Bottom