• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Coming very soon to the Noblesville Walmart will be large food supply buckets with a 25 year shelf life for $64. I will provide more details as soon as they are in. Also will be able to.coordinate special or large orders if interested.

scully

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    I've seen these in walmarts in the Michiana area. Usually near the sporting goods.

We need test subject to give them a go and let us know how they are.

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    Foodwise ?
    I have heard good things about them from other people but have never had any myself.
    Kinda wonder what $64.00 will get ya ?

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Got a bit more info....hopefully I will have them in my possession by tomorrow AM. But it sounds like a 12 day supply of food and a water filtration system (dont know quality of it yet) 2000+ calories per day....sound like actual food not freeze dry stuff. All individually wrapped. Total kit will have life of 25 if main bucket is unopened....once the "mother seal" is broken each bag inside would be given a year. More info to follow....

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Their description doesn't make sense:
    Food for 1 Person for 12 days
    203 servings

1 person will eat 203 servings in 12 days? 5.6-course meals? How large are the servings? Let us know when you get one.

It might be a better deal to get Wise Food.

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I found that particular kit on the Walmart website, so I would guess that's what your Walmart will carry.

Walmart.com: Augason Farms 12-Day Emergency Pail: Camping

Looks decent.

Augason Farms is good stuff.

We just became a Mountain House distributor and will be selling all Mountain House products here at the dealership.

When I get a price list together, I will post it here. We are located in Fort Wayne for easy pick up or we are going to offer free shipping.

mydoghasfleas

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Undisclosed
    I just ordered the same brand "kit" through Sams club online. My kit however was the 30 day supply for 1 person @ 1857 cal per day, 300 servings. Price was like $90 delivered. Came with water bottle/filter, firestarter and menu guide telling how many servings of what for each meal to get the right calorie count per day.

The reason the serving numbers do not add up right is that you somtimes eat more than one serving per meal (they actually schedule it out by the meal, saying somthing like "2 servings of mac & cheese" with a particular meal) I just started it today to try it out on my digestive system for a month (at least that is the plan)

You do have to cook each meal, not just add water.

here is the link..
    Augason Farms 30-Day Food Storage Emergency All-in-One Pail - Sam's Club

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    0007871620095_A

$86.83
    Auguson Farms 30 day Food Storage for one person: Sam's Club

30 Day food planner

Augason Farms 30-Day Food Storage Emergency All-in-One Pail is your survival solution. This waterproof pail contains enough food to provide 1,857 calories per day for 1 person for a month, or a family of 4 for a week. The pail also includes a safe, stable fuel source and a self-filtering water bottle that can clean up to 100 gallons of water. With the Food Storage Emergency All-in-One 6 Gallon Pail you're not only getting a reserve supply of food, you're getting delicious peace of mind.

Augason Farms crafts their food for both everyday and food storage use. You can rest assured that your family will love their tried and true recipes. Whether it's a hearty oatmeal breakfast or filling cheesy broccoli rice, these foods are easy to prepare and have home cooked flavor. The included 30-Day Meal Planner offers a wide range of appetizing combinations, making it easy to mix and match meals. If you’re looking to extend the number of days the meals will last, a 45-day meal planner with a lower calorie per day average is also included.

The self-filtering water bottle removes up to 99.99% of bacteria, viruses, contaminants and pollutants. The filtering bottle is simple to use. Just pop the top, fill the bottle, and let the Miraguard filter do the rest.

Augason Farms knows storing combustible fuel poses many risks. FireOn is a secure alternative, designed as an emergency fire starter. It is a safe, non-combustible, burnable material that lights quickly in even adverse conditions. FireOn takes the guesswork out of how to cook food or stay warm in an emergency.

Items sealed in the 30-Day Food Storage Emergency All-in-One Pail have a shelf life up to 25 years. Great for cabins, boats, and even to put in your vehicle. Family owned and operated since 1972, you can trust Augason Farms' proven shelf life because they have outlived their guarantees and then some.
    Augason Farms 30-Day Food Storage Emergency All-in-One Pail – components proudly made in the USA

• Pail contains 300 servings providing and average of 1,857 calories per day
    • Each delicious meal takes 20 minutes or less to prepare – just add water
    • No high fructose corn syrup, trans fats or MSG
    • Up to 25 year shelf life sealed; pouch life up to 1 year after opening*
    • Easy to use self-filtering water bottle – filters up to 100 gallons
    • 1 FireOn disk in each pail, large enough to break apart for multiple uses
    • 30-day meal planner, plus extended 45-day meal planner included
    Eight great-tasting food varieties in re-sealable Mylar bags with oxygen absorbers
    • Instant Potatoes – 30 servings
    • Macaroni and Cheese – 30 servings
    • Creamy Potato Soup – 30 servings
    • Cheesy Broccoli Rice – 30 servings
    • Creamy Chicken Rice – 30 servings
    • Hearty Vegetable Blend – 30 servings
    • Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal – 30 servings
    • Morning Moo’s Low Fat Milk Alternative – 80 servings
    Self-filtering water bottle with microbiological filter:
    Clean, fresh water wherever you go with this all-in-one solution. 24-ounce plastic water bottle with pull-top cap fits in a back pocket, backpack, or in your bike bottle holder. Just fill from any water source (except salt water) and the included filter provides clean water as you drink, removing sediment, contaminants, and other pathogens. The Ionic Adsorption Micron Filtration System is good for up to 100 gallons of filtered water.

FireOn Emergency Fuel-Heat Source-Fire Starter Easy to use as a fire starter or a sole heat source. Effortlessly started with a match, the intact disk will burn for up to 30 minutes. Since most meals require only about 15 minutes cooking time on a small, portable camp stove, FireOn can be extinguished and re-lit or broken in half for dual use. Add to any fuel source to start your fire .

*Best when stored in a cool, dry place at temperatures between 50°F and 70°F (ideal humidity 15%)

Last edited:

jgarst

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 10, 2012
    Tipton
    I seen these, am waiting to hear more back from someone who has tried one before I buy some. Seems like a descent deal. And convenient

mydoghasfleas

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Undisclosed
    So far I can say the meals/servings are not individually packed (woulda been nice) the oatmeal is just maple oatmeal (Not instant) the creamy potato is very good, and the hearty vegetable "soup" (its very thick) is very bland but Im sure its full of vitamins and good for you. And the morning moo's I also like, but it is not milk, its a milk substitute I think.

I can let you know about more as I eat them If anyone wants to know my opinion.

Top Bottom