• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bw210

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Kouts, IN
    Really interested in the MSG idea. We have a pretty good stash of supplies for a 3-4 month hold down with a few friends around who believe in the same ideas, but if something really does happen - we're going to have to belong to a bigger network of people to survive/help if something serious happens.

Looking to meet up/associate with more like minded people, but seems most of MSG people are Indy and south.

Is there MSG activity in northern Indiana that I'm not aware of?

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    You should shoot this over to the NWI general post thread.
    See what pops up.

I've dropped a few hints at the wednsday cigar lunch. It may have been talked about at the meet & eat that I was unable to attend. I think the best way to start something like that is to go to the local events and start asking questions.
    I'm sure GoW will be commenting here shortly.

Last edited:

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    Well the subject of a MSG wasn't talked about per say, however I think the idea behind the meet and eats and the meet and shoots was so that folks could get to know each other and facilitate this very thing. I had talked to a local INGO member about possibly putting together something on First Aid. At this point it is still in it's infantcy stage, but in the works. I agree that we need to be thinking about this. Perhaps Joe and myself and a few of those that meet on Wednesdays can talk a bit more and see where it leads....You in for it Joe? LOL

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I would be interested in the msg idea up here in NWI, I currently am working with LFI based out of Munster to produce training DVD's of thier survival training classes they hold up here throughout the year. I'll try to make it down to the smoke filled room this wed, look fwd to seeing you Ghost again... Pizza hey...

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    I would be interested in the msg idea up here in NWI, I currently am working with LFI based out of Munster to produce training DVD's of thier survival training classes they hold up here throughout the year. I'll try to make it down to the smoke filled room this wed, look fwd to seeing you Ghost again... Pizza hey...

Training DVD's you say? Hmm...those might beinteresting......

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Live Free has been having me and a couple other camera guy's shoot DVD's of their training classes up at Cabelas, and in Crown Point they have several meets through the year along with their weekend outing in the spring they hold each year out at the campground at Tippecanoe State Park. They have different instructors come in and teach a whole bunch of different skills. From first aid, trauma treatment, basic to advanced survival travel/camping, radio theory, genpac maintenance, etc, etc, a lot of it has been pretty good stuff, their getting ready to bring a new website online in another month or two with a lot of this content available on it. Anyways I can talk more wed. if someone wants to hear more...

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    Come on people....don't you know that it's every man for himself in NWI;)

I like the idea. I will be curious to watch it develop. My schedule should lighten up a bit in the winter and I'll be able to attend more events.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    Well First Aid, Food Storage, and Foraging is on my list. I don't really have an order as of right now. I also think Marksmanship as well as safe water procurement and wild game procurement are also high on the list.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Come on people....don't you know that it's every man for himself in NWI;)

I like the idea. I will be curious to watch it develop. My schedule should lighten up a bit in the winter and I'll be able to attend more events.

Well I7BO is gonna safe us all! Why worry?
    Also groovatron who the heck is the girl in the avatar? You always have girls. :rockwoot:

Well First Aid, Food Storage, and Foraging is on my list. I don't really have an order as of right now. I also think Marksmanship as well as safe water procurement and wild game procurement are also high on the list.

Water
    - storage
    - purification
    personal defense
    food
    first aid
    sanitation
    tools - general
    tools - cooking
    shelter
    specialty items

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    Well I7BO is gonna safe us all! Why worry?
    Also groovatron who the heck is the girl in the avatar? You always have girls. :rockwoot:

Water
    - storage
    - purification
    personal defense Appleseed seems to be a good start on the marksmanship portion of this. Which we are trying to get one locally.
    food
    first aid I think we are in the process of getting this one going. I need to talk to the person I asked about it and get an update.
    sanitation
    tools - general
    tools - cooking I would suggest good quality camping equipment. Cast iron Dutch ovenscome to mind if you don't have to lug them around.
    shelter Are we talking tents like camping or survival shelters?
    specialty items

I think we have a group of very interested folks here that WANT to work on this. We just need to organize it a bit and get it up and running...

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom