5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    Well, we see what the news reported the story as. Since you posted this and know the alleged squirrel killer , could you provide the story from the source?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    "The officer interviewed Hawkins wife who allowed the officer to search the property and provided Hawkins identifying information."

DOH!

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    Allegedly squirrels were destroying his garden. Couldn't get a tomatoe from it that hadn't been gnawed on. Other methods of deterents didn't work, so allegedly lethal actions were taken.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    In town, so shooting was out of the question. Relocating??? If you ever lived in Louisville, you'd know that would be like trying to dip out a pond with a sieve.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Hmmmm....

Sooooo...

I guess one should not use a 5 gal bucket half filled with water with a liberal sprinkling of sunflower seeds on top of the water...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    There are other methods available so you do not have to physically drop the little tree rat bastardies in the water. We were over run with them. The lady behind us lost all the cushions on her lawn chairs as they used the stuffing for nests. I counted 4 nests made of her chairs. We had attic wiring damage and other issues.
    We used a method discussed in this forum involving a 5 gallon bucket, some 4" PVC and Jiffs crunchy peanut butter. Will not disclose totals but there are not many of the little tree rats running amok around here any more.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    I recommend he counter sue the squirrel for damages to his garden. This penalty already makes an utter farce of the justice system, might as well go the extra mile.

Limpy88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Lafayette
    drowning an animal is not a good way of killing.
    do i think i think they need to be killed yes
    drowning something is not good though. whether a pest or game for food you should kill the same, as cleanly and with the least possible pain.

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Hmmmm....

Sooooo...

I guess one should not use a 5 gal bucket half filled with water with a liberal sprinkling of sunflower seeds on top of the water...

Guess I better take down my 5 gallon bucket with water as well. Only difference is mine has a soup can covered in peanut butter on a metal wire. I don't need any G-Men running all over my place.

Top Bottom