• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    To keep all the questions and comments in one centralized location, Im creating this thread.

Please join the mailing list for these.

INMG Email List

This thread will be for suggestions, discussion on previous and upcoming matches, and general INMG talk.

Last edited:

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    Interested in Match Directing? I am looking for a replacement Match Director for the 2013 season for Atlanta Conservation Club. Preferably someone who lives much closer than I do. I currently make a 2 hour 1 way drive to run the matches at ACC, and I no longer wish to do this. I will finish out the year, but after the September 2012 ACC match, I wish to no longer be the MD for ACC.

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    Who will be our 2012 INMG Series Champion and the High Overall Shooter from each division?

9871a35f.jpg

cschwanz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I have no say in anything much, but I see no reason why things wouldn't be back up and running smoothly for the August match. I too would like to see the updated series scores though....

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    Series standings have been updated as of this morning. Been a little busy with real life (all 3 of us) to get to things any sooner.

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    No problem, thank Ryan when you see him. He takes care of most of that kinda stuff, and it's no easy job.

Also, just to reiterate, I am looking for someone to replace me at ACC for next year. I'll be finishing the year out but after that I'm done. Driving 2 hours 1 way to run a match just isn't economical for me.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    I guess this is right place to put this since its a multigun discussion thread, but I've got a few questions, and maybe it can be a bit of an FAQ for other newbies with similar questions.

1. What is the average cost to shoot in these multigun or any USPSA match?

2. Do I have to be a member of the USPSA to shoot in these events?

3. Am I going to waste the more seasoned shooters time if I'm just out there to have fun, and not in it for time?

4. Are SBR's and suppressors allowed?

5. Why are Saiga 12's not very popular with 3 gun/multigun? (Just something I've noticed, seems like they would be well suited for it. )

6. Last question, why does it seem like most people steer new shooters away from Open Class?

Edited to add one more question- Is there a limited number of people allowed to compete, and is it generally a sign-up ahead of time thing, or just show up when you can?

Sorry for all the questions, I've just been wondering these and couldn't find the answers anywhere. I'm looking forward to getting involved with these matches. Thanks

Last edited:

3gunshooter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Williamsport
    Answer to your questions
    1 around 25.00

2 No you do not have to be a member of USPSA

3 No you will not waste our time, new shooters are
    always welcome.

4 I believe SBR's are but a suppressor might put you in open class.
    I someone will correct me if I am wrong on that.

5 Newer gun and because it it magazine fed It puts you in open class.

6 Might be the money.

7 I don't think there is a limit yet but we have had a great number of people
    show up this year.

I hope that answers some of your questions. 3 gunners are probably the best
    group of people to shoot with there is someone always will to loan you
    something if you need it and give you help.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    Answer to your questions
    1 around 25.00

2 No you do not have to be a member of USPSA

3 No you will not waste our time, new shooters are
    always welcome.

4 I believe SBR's are but a suppressor might put you in open class.
    I someone will correct me if I am wrong on that.

5 Newer gun and because it it magazine fed It puts you in open class.

6 Might be the money.

7 I don't think there is a limit yet but we have had a great number of people
    show up this year.

I hope that answers some of your questions. 3 gunners are probably the best
    group of people to shoot with there is someone always will to loan you
    something if you need it and give you help.

Thanks for the great answers, that really helps alot.

What exactly do you mean by "the money"? Ill most likely be shooting the Open Class since the Saiga is my only high-cap semiauto. I dont care at all about winning, I just want to go out and have a good time shooting. Also, about how many mags would I most likely need for the Saiga? I only have two 8's and 5 rounder right now.

Last edited:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I'm going to spectate the match at the Wildcat Valley Club next weekend. It looks like fun, but I think I should maybe focus on one discipline since I am a new shooter.:)

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    I'm going to spectate the match at the Wildcat Valley Club next weekend. It looks like fun, but I think I should maybe focus on one discipline since I am a new shooter.:)

Im contemplating trying it out since Ill be up there for the HUSH shoot on Saturday anyways. :rockwoot:

If I do attend, what do I need to bring as far as number of mags for rifle, saiga, and XD9? Can I shoot Silver Bear HP's from my rifle? I seen in the rules that I might need slugs, any recommendations for those?

Last edited:

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    I guess this is right place to put this since its a multigun discussion thread, but I've got a few questions, and maybe it can be a bit of an FAQ for other newbies with similar questions.

1. What is the average cost to shoot in these multigun or any USPSA match?

$25.00 for entry

2. Do I have to be a member of the USPSA to shoot in these events?

nope

3. Am I going to waste the more seasoned shooters time if I'm just out there to have fun, and not in it for time?

come on out, all are welcome

yup, both are allowed, but a suppressor will put you into open

5. Why are Saiga 12's not very popular with 3 gun/multigun? (Just something I've noticed, seems like they would be well suited for it. )

Magazine fed shotguns put you into open class

6. Last question, why does it seem like most people steer new shooters away from Open Class?

Tac Opticsis cheaper, lets you put an optic on your Rifle,but not your shotgun and pistol. Most people have a Scope of some sort on their AR already, but just the bead and irons on their pistols. If you have just irons on everything, or a Red Dot/Holo Sight on your Rifle, then Tac Limited is for you

Edited to add one more question- Is there a limited number of people allowed to compete, and is it generally a sign-up ahead of time thing, or just show up when you can?

just show up that morning. Registration usually opens at 9am, match starts at 10:15

Sorry for all the questions, I've just been wondering these and couldn't find the answers anywhere. I'm looking forward to getting involved with these matches. Thanks

Hope that helps

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    APOLOGY: I posted the message below while failing to realize that the topic was specifically about the Indiana Multigun events. My USPSA comments are not relevant to the discussion. SORRY!

Suppressors will depend on the organization and its rules. I don't know of any local clubs using USPSA 3-gun tournament or Multigun rules, but in USPSA, supressors are specifically allowed on your rifle in all divisions. The ruling was based on the assertion that a suppressor is not a compensator or muzzle brake because it does not have porting (which is stupidly bad logic because supressors are the best muzzle brakes/compensators you can get), so you can use them in Open, Limited, and Tactical Divisions. Here is the rule from the current (2008) USPSA rifle rules, page 75:

19. Legally-possessed sound-suppressors are allowed, are not considered
    compensators and therefore are not subject to the size restrictions on
    compensators in Standard and Tactical Rifle Divisions. Any suppressor which has
    functional characteristics which serve to reduce muzzle-flip and/or felt recoil
    (e.g., externally-visible baffles or ports) will be considered a compensator.

My Opinion:
    1. Reliability Issues
    2. Cost & Availability
    3. Most rule sets put you in Open Division
    4. Reliability Issues
    5. Reliability Issues
    You can find all of the USPSA rules at www.uspsa.org.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom