Coatesville
    Adaptive Consulting and Training

What: Competition 101
    When: Saturday March 31st 2012 10 am to 2 pm
    Where: Riley Conservation Club
    Cost: $65
    Round Count: 200 rounds
    Instructor: Aron Bright

Competition 101 is designed to introduce the new competitor to the sport of USPSA shooting. It is timed to take place at the start of the competition season so you can hit the ground running. This course has been shortened and the price reduced from its previous form. It will still consist of a classroom and a range session. In the classroom we will discuss safety rules, scoring and divisions. Any and all questions will be answered.

On the range we will shoot three different stages. Each student will be given feedback on how to best shoot the stages. These stages will introduce things like draws, reloads and target transitions on the clock.

To sign up for this class email me for the registration form. Your spot in the class is held when the form is mailed in with payment.

aron@adaptiveconsultingandtraining.com

This class will focus on USPSA scoring and shooting. We will not to focus on fundamentals such as grip, snapping the eyes, draw stroke and other such essentials due to time constraints. These skills and fundamentals are covered in our IP 101 course, and they are essential to competition shooting. If you need instruction on these and other subjects I recommend you take IP 101 or contact me for private instruction.

You do not have to be a member of the Riley Conservation Club or USPSA to take this course.

Mike_Indy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Thanks for the heads up. The date may be an issue for me. But, you have given enough time that I may be able to schedule around it.

I'd be a new'b for sure in the aspects of competition. I have full and mid size 1911s as well as M&Ps (9 and 45). What would be the best choice for getting started? (I'm leaning to the 1911 full.)

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Thanks for the heads up. The date may be an issue for me. But, you have given enough time that I may be able to schedule around it.

I'd be a new'b for sure in the aspects of competition. I have full and mid size 1911s as well as M&Ps (9 and 45). What would be the best choice for getting started? (I'm leaning to the 1911 full.)

Your choice. Does not matter.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    For anybody looking to graduate from Friday Night Steel to USPSA, this class would be a great investment. I know how nervous I was at my first USPSA match, and that this would have helped. Even a few hours with a seasoned competitor like Aron could have sped up my learning curve.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    For anybody looking to graduate from Friday Night Steel to USPSA, this class would be a great investment. I know how nervous I was at my first USPSA match, and that this would have helped. Even a few hours with a seasoned competitor like Aron could have sped up my learning curve.

Agreed
    As bad as I am at this stuff, if wasn't for Aron and Joe I would be much much worse.

If you're looking to get into USPSA competition this is a great way to start

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    Agreed
    As bad as I am at this stuff, if wasn't for Aron and Joe I would be much much worse.

If you're looking to get into USPSA competition this is a great way to start

We have come a long way in 4 years but much improvement is needed by both of us. Coach has improved our learning curve 200%:yesway:.

Now if our thick skulls would just process what we've been taught :D

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Thanks guys for the kind words. Most folks can handle shooting USPSA matches they just need to learn what the rules are and how to apply them at the match. There are some concepts they need to learn and then it is a matter of how much practice you want to do and that will determind your level of achievement in many instances.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Would it matter if the gun we brought to this was considered open under the rules?

Bring it!

Last week I shot a matc in Open Division with a Glock 17 with a Steamlight TLR-1 attached to rail. If I'd had a laser, I would have used it too.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Bring it!

Last week I shot a matc in Open Division with a Glock 17 with a Steamlight TLR-1 attached to rail. If I'd had a laser, I would have used it too.

I think since you read my AZ thread, you probably see where I am going with this. Since it is my EDC it is what I would use. Don't plan on becoming a regular competitor, but I think there is something to be learned almost anywhere.

Besides, I would like to see what all the hoopla is about ACT.:D

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I think since you read my AZ thread, you probably see where I am going with this. Since it is my EDC it is what I would use. Don't plan on becoming a regular competitor, but I think there is something to be learned almost anywhere.

We'd be proud to have you join us!

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I'm planing on attending. I'm new to all the shooting sports, so I'm looking foreword to it

Great! This class is designed for folks like you. Email me for forms when you are ready to sign up.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville

I did not realize we had hoopla. But that is exciting :rockwoot:

Top Bottom