• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    The prices are what they are, I am in a position right now that I may even make some money myself. I have a couple of AK's/EBR's that I have been debating unloading to buy some high end MN's

:rockwoot:

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    People can ask whatever they want. There can only be price gouging when someone controls all the supply. When several places have a supply and people drive the price up trying to get some of the supply its just supply and demand and capitalism.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I think what gets me are the guy's that have been swooping up all the available AR's and putting them on line at highly inflated prices. I have seen these guy's in the LGS and there are a few in the classifieds as well.

There have been a few used car salesmen types I have brushed against at the gun counter while picking up some bits and pieces of late and they are not people I would enjoy association with.
    That said, we are a capitalist society and there is a feeding frenzy complete with sheeple ready to be sheared. If you are willing to pay the going rate in the gamble that these pieces will be banned then roll the dice and accept what comes.
    I can not say this has not crossed my mind of late but now that the average price for a mil-spec piece has exceeded the 2k mark you can be sure a well priced piece will be snatched right up.

HHhhmmmm...I do have a complete lower and most everything except a barrel.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    I am amazed at the ads for ARs..... I have a used LMT and I want $2500 for it. Elmore's has brand new ones for $1250. Really? $2500? Good luck getting it. People are f@&$ing amazing. I will keep the new one sitting in the safe until they a going for 10k then I will cash out.

Last edited:

nucone

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Arkansas in the Ozarks
    I have a DPMS Oracle that I purchased in July as an "investment" gun just in case the big-o got re-elected. I had intended on turning a small phenomenal profit on it. Since it is not an LMT, I will let it go for a measly $9.5k, know that I am a gouger, and happy to help the economy thrive.:rolleyes:

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I'm all for a free market, but I hate seeing gouging on INGO. I look at this site as more of a community, rather than Craigslist where everyone is strangers. For that reason, I haven't listed anything since prices have blew up. Just can't bring myself to take advantage of the stupid.

The other thing we need to keep in mind is, you are not supposed to make a profit in the sale of a firearm. To do so, requires a license from the ATF.

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    I'm all for a free market, but I hate seeing gouging on INGO. I look at this site as more of a community, rather than Craigslist where everyone is strangers. For that reason, I haven't listed anything since prices have blew up. Just can't bring myself to take advantage of the stupid.

The other thing we need to keep in mind is, you are not supposed to make a profit in the sale of a firearm. To do so, requires a license from the ATF.

Same here. I'm not interested in taking advantage of anyone or the situation.

Gator762

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    I agree, I hate stupid as well. I bought my brother a RRA AR15 for his birthday 5years ago now he wants to sale it so I told him I would buy it from him and he told me $1500. That was almost twice what I paid for it the first time. I didn't think my brother was that type of person but i guess I was wrong. So ya there are alot of stupid out there.

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    I agree, I hate stupid as well. I bought my brother a RRA AR15 for his birthday 5years ago now he wants to sale it so I told him I would buy it from him and he told me $1500. That was almost twice what I paid for it the first time. I didn't think my brother was that type of person but i guess I was wrong. So ya there are alot of stupid out there.

What do you think is a fair price for it?

Gator762

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    Well he knows how much I gave for it and he's not hurting for money so I would say not much more then what I gave for it. He bought me a H&R 223 a few years ago for my birthday and wanted it back for a truck gun so I gave it back to him without thinking twice, so maybe a I can see maybe $100 more but not any more.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I don't know which group is the most annoying...
    1. price gougers
    2. those complaining about the price gougers
    3. those complaining about those that are complaining about the price gougers

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I would like to see you show me in any ATF rule the above statement is valid.

The issue isn't making a profit, the issue is those that buy with the intent to resell quickly to make a profit. That is being in the firearms business and requires a FFL. So those that see a deal here, buy it with the intent of flipping it on gun broker are in violation of the law. Just like the folks at gun shows that have a table as a private collector, they buy guns from passing pedestrians and almost immediately put the guns up for sale. The ATF have been arresting those individuals.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Same here. I'm not interested in taking advantage of anyone or the situation.

"If He play, being young and unskilful, for shekels of silver and gold,
    Take His money, my son, praising Allah. The kid was ordained to be sold."

(CERTAIN MAXIMS OF HAFIZ, IX,
    The Home Book of Verse, Volume 4 by Burton Egbert Stevenson - Full Text Free Book (Part 5/6))

It is true that a fool and his money are soon parted, but there is a limit to taking advantage of a fool. But folks doing this panic buying are full adults and should know better. I would follow Hafiz on this one. Take his money, my friend. Your kids need an education and you need a retirement income.;)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well he knows how much I gave for it and he's not hurting for money so I would say not much more then what I gave for it. He bought me a H&R 223 a few years ago for my birthday and wanted it back for a truck gun so I gave it back to him without thinking twice, so maybe a I can see maybe $100 more but not any more.

Some people are driven by greed. Just that simple.
    I must be a poor business man as I do not see it. If I gave you something it is out of sharing or compassion. For you (example) to attempt to jamb me if I ask to buy it back when you are obviously selling it.....Sucks.

How ya doing gator??

Lets go shooting when the weather breaks....yes

Top Bottom