• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scott delaney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 25, 2009
    i know what most of you say about hi-points, but.......the 995 is one heck of a deal from a us company. this thing is loaded with rails and was right on target out ov the box! it is about half the noise and recoil of my bushmaster ar .....now im not thinking about dropping my ar-15 but it will be nice to have a rifle that uses the same round as my side arm if things get bad!

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    My brother has one and it's fun to shoot. Have not tried to shoot out past 50 yards, but it's great to there. He doesn't do anything except a once a decade cleaning and it's still not giving him any problems.

Saiga223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Surprisingly enough, there are a lot of threads on here praising the HP 995. Even guys that dislike the Hi Point pistols seem to respect the carbines. I just got one about 3 months ago myself and became a fan. I'm not going to get rid of my AR, but I do really like my HP 995!

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    when I was looking for a 9MM carbine, I bought a KEL-TEC & it blew up in my hands, then I bought a UZI carbine accurate, does not jam, but it's a little heavy. I also bought a NORINCO 320 which is a carbon copy of an UZI, it been just as good as the UZI, but a lot cheaper.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I love mine, but I still want a sub2K for these reasons:
    1) It folds
    2) One that takes Glock mags - hi-cap possible!

scott delaney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 25, 2009
    sshelton the price was the big mover to get me into this rifle.....cheaper than dirt has 15 round after market mags and i was told the is a 75 rnd drum comming out soon

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    I love mine, but I still want a sub2K for these reasons:
    1) It folds
    2) One that takes Glock mags - hi-cap possible!

Well, then you'd be tempted to buy a Glock to go with all those mags! :):

Seriously, it's a pretty cool combo, and a Sub2k is definitely on my wish list... I already have all the mags.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    The major downside of the HP 995 is the factor 10-rnd mags. I've also heard (everywhere) that the aftermarket 15-rnd mags really stink.

sshelton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    ECI / New Castle
    The major downside of the HP 995 is the factor 10-rnd mags. I've also heard (everywhere) that the aftermarket 15-rnd mags really stink.

I've herd that too, that's their biggest downside, if they had reliable 30ish round mags then they would win, but for someone like me who can't afford an ar15 then the sub2K is how he can maximum rounds out of a rifle..

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace

I had a 995TS awhile back. Fun to shoot, but it was hit or miss on the 15 round ProMag magazines. Sometimes they fed great, and sometimes not. First time I shot FNS it was with the 995, and the ProMags KILLED me by missfeeding.

Very reliable using the factory 10 round mags.:yesway:

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I have a 995 its a very fun gun to shoot, Although my GF has claimed it as hers,lol. But to 50yrds its suprisingly accurate. As far as the 15rd ProMags go, dont waist your money. I got three of them with the 995 when I got it, there hard to get 15rds to load in them, they dont feed half the time. I just only load 10rds in them also an they work, but I would have never bought them on my own

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    I'm a big fan of the Hi Point 995 but if the 10 rd mags seem like a nuance to you go with the sub 2000. Hi Point has been making noise about the pro Mag voiding the warranty.

luvall

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Noblesville
    I have a 995, an original POTA that I purchased the TS stock from Mother for $40.00 and converted. I love the thing - and so does everyone who shoots it. I have a red dot, light, and laser for mine so it is set up for home protection. At 15 yards I can shoot the 10 ring all day long. At 50 yards I can get 2" groups - w/o magnification and very bad eye sight. It does reach out to 100 yards, and you'll nail a 6" plate more than not, but the energy drops at that distance - if you're thinking about hunting. Other big plus 1.- you can shoot this thing indoors 2.-HP has a fantastic warranty even covering most things for 2nd and 3rd generation owners.
    If you buy one, buy lots of ammo - it is that much fun. And your friends will want to play.
    I just cleaned my after 2,000 rounds and it wasn't having any problems. It eats every ammon I given it (even Wof). The only reason I cleaned it - I was feeling guilty. ENJOY.

Top Bottom