• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blazer1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    South Bend
    I am wanting a 7.62x54r semi auto rifle I am looking at getting a Romanian PSL, SVT-40 or a VEPR hunter. On the VEPR hunter does anyone know if the monte carlo stock can be changed to a conventional "AK" style. Any one have first hand experience with these rifles pros and cons of each. I am mainly looking for a well built rifle to take to the range occasionally and to burn through some of the spam cans in the safe the m91/30s and m44 just don't do it quick enough.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    You are going to watch the PSL-market(inflated) take a nose dive once the M91 is available. I'm just glad I cashed in 2 years ago selling my PSL. Very interested in the M91. Great reading thread BTW. :)

N_K_1984

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    I love my PSL. Let's not sugar coat things. The PSL is not a Sub, nor a 1 MOA rifle, but it will smoke a man sized target all day long out to 600 (which is the farthest I've shot one. YMMV). If you can find a nice PSL for a good deal, I wouldn't pass it up. It's a total blast to shoot, it's accuarate enough, and it's a big-arss AK; what's not to love? That's just my opinion, but this is the internetz.

Good luck, OP!

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I love the one-liners in this thread. :n00b:

As to your question, VEPR's appear in two forms - squareback and corner-cut. The former has a receiver end that accepts standard AK furniture. The latter will take PSL/SVD type stocks. There are plenty of SVD type stocks around, but most are styled in a designated marksmen type form (i.e. sniper style). It seems there was a demand for the AK style, which was released after the original.

Centerfire Systems is selling square backs with unfinished stocks with the expectation of user changing them out. Personally, I like this one with a 23" barrel and flash hider:
    Vepr Tactical Sniper Rifle 7.62x54R
    Although, the front handguard is to modern for my taste.
    Personally, I like the stylings of the SVD, but there are all right handed.

g+16

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    had 2 SVT40 one shooter and one collectable good shooting rifle with proper scope still not as good as a grand. If you can find one for less than a $1000

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Those standard veprs we reselling for $4-500 on center fire systems when I picked up my super vepr. The veprs are nice high quality ak variants made in the Molot factory.

typically, I buy, use, then sell guns once I'm tired of them. The super vepr has a permanent space in my safe. I highly recommend them.

Top Bottom