• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    I am looking at a Romanian SAR -1 a guy on Armslist has up for trade. I have a gun with a trade value of $600 which is about what he values his rifle. Is this a fair value for his SAR-1? Are these rifles decent? Anyone on here own one that could fill me in on any specifics that I may encounter? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    Is that a fair price? Yeah sorta. Before all the election fears came around they were $450-$500 normally. Most AK variants have gone up $100 in price. It's not a "deal", but it is an ok price.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Is that a fair price? Yeah sorta. Before all the election fears came around they were $450-$500 normally. Most AK variants have gone up $100 in price. It's not a "deal", but it is an ok price.

I have a sar-1. Better than a wasr in my opinion. Never had a single problem out of mine.

Agree with the above. I've had two or three of those and have paid $425-475. They are very nice basic rifles in general. Typically non threaded muzzle and no bayo lug but a great first AK or basic one for the stable.

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    I personally would keep the STI, to me, he's getting the better deal.

IMO this is the answer^

but then again it boils down to what you're looking for. i have an ak so i would most likely keep the STI. but if you're wanting an AK for something specific or if you think it will bring more joy to you and lots more shooting. then more power to ya!
    A gun is worth what a man is willing to pay...:dunno:

Delta3Two

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Spend the extra and buy an ARSENAL AK !

Also....consider Bulgarian Circle 10 mags and/or PALM mags.

Last edited by a moderator:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    The only issue with the SAR-1s is trigger slap. This is easily and cheaply fixed with a Tapco trigger. They don't have threaded barrels, but they do come with a cleaning rod and the cleaning kit in the buttstock which many newer ones lack.

Furniture quality varies greatly. Many were mismatched, some are an ugly matte brown paint "chocolate" look. Others have matched, and rather nicely varnished, furniture. I sorted through about a dozen back in '01 or '02 to find mine.

Accuracy is fine for an AK. The side scope mounts are perfect for mounting an optic, and with a high mount you can still use the irons as well.

All in all, a fine AK. I'm surprised they have gotten up to $600, though.

Top Bottom