• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    was in there today to pick up my newest purchase from an internet dealer. Mr West was very polite and professional. And with a transfer fee of only $15, how I can I complain?:yesway:

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    Wow only 15$..... see if they wasnt rude to me when I went there I would go back.... They are only nice to other cops from what I seen. O-Well Ill go to dradis and spend my 35$ and get treated nicely. But man 15$ transfers might tempt me someday.

Indybeer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Danville
    I was in Law Enforcement Firearms last week picking up a couple DS stripped lowers that they were offering at a great price.

I was treated great and they went out of their way to find me sequential serial numbers and I didn't even ask for it. I wouldn't hesitate stopping in again when I'm in need of something!

:+1:

An no I'm not in law enforcement...I'm just a lowly airplane mechanic.

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    I stopped by today. Great prices, but I got about 3 words out of the guy. Creepy place, I wasn't sure if they were selling guns, or luring in victims.

NEWMAN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2008
    allways a +1 from me. I haven't been to the new location but I will be.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I bought some Reman .223 from them a while back. Went out to shoot it and found 12 rounds that had cracked necks. I'd shot maybe 5 like that. :eek: Went back home and inspected all 250rnds and found over 30 like that. Took all of them back in, they replaced them. Wasn't treated like a valued customer but got my rounds replaced. There's closer gun shops so I probably won't be going back.

It's not THAT bad over by Garfield Park now is it?

It's getting worse over that way since my buddy moved from there. I've also heard it's better than it was 10 years ago. Not the friendliest place, IMHO. :dunno:

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    It's getting worse over that way since my buddy moved from there. I've also heard it's better than it was 10 years ago. Not the friendliest place, IMHO. :dunno:

It's much nicer than it used to be . Having grown up around there I can tell you the store location is safe , and remember the shotgun store is gonna be next to them .

Be armed and stay on the main streets .

Lawguns

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I don't see how you feel you were not treated like a valued customer. I replaced the ammo with no question. As I told you I am not the manufacturer. I promptly called the manufacturer and he halted production while he determined why his processing machine did not catch the cracked necks. I don't know what more I could have done for you so I am sorry that you feel that way. I responded multiple times to your OM's before you bought any product and responded promptly after you had a problem. If that is your reason not to visit a store that is fine with me, but I think you will soon run out of places to shop. Many problems occur in retail. My idea of a good store is one that responds to your problem promptly and fixes it which I did.
    Good luck

I bought some Reman .223 from them a while back. Went out to shoot it and found 12 rounds that had cracked necks. I'd shot maybe 5 like that. :eek: Went back home and inspected all 250rnds and found over 30 like that. Took all of them back in, they replaced them. Wasn't treated like a valued customer but got my rounds replaced.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I don't see how you feel you were not treated like a valued customer. I replaced the ammo with no question. As I told you I am not the manufacturer. I promptly called the manufacturer and he halted production while he determined why his processing machine did not catch the cracked necks. I don't know what more I could have done for you so I am sorry that you feel that way. I responded multiple times to your OM's before you bought any product and responded promptly after you had a problem. If that is your reason not to visit a store that is fine with me, but I think you will soon run out of places to shop. Many problems occur in retail. My idea of a good store is one that responds to your problem promptly and fixes it which I did.
    Good luck

Well, I know that came off kinda harsh, that was not my intent. I guess I should have been more precise. I, too, am sorry I felt that way but I if I have any issues with anyone I usually address it later.

I guess it was in how I was talked to while I was there. Sort of like I knew zilch about guns. What struct me most odd was when he told me AR's are low end guns and no biggie if a $450 upper goes boom. :dunno: I'm sure it's nice to have the money and connections to get them at the drop of the hat, but most people don't. Sure, an AR isn't an M16, or a Barrett 98, or an MP5, but it's definately not a low end gun. Again, it just struct me as odd when he said that.

There was other stuff said as well, obviously, but this is what I most remember. Also something about not pulling and saving the bullets and powder, just throwing it away kinda suprised me aswell.

I did get my rounds replaced, and I"m glad the guy checked his equipment. I guess you can say my experiance was pretty well netrual. Also it's a bit of a drive even if I do have family up that way. I can usually get whatever I need closer. Sometimes I just like to check out other gun shops and spread my wealth around. :D

Again, sorry it seemed harsh. I should have have been more clear.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    I was in there once. The first thing that struck me was the lack of stock and the area. The area? Nothing can be done other than to try to make it better by bringing in HIS business. The stock? From what I understand, it's a new shop. From what I saw, he is trying to make it into a great shop by following good business practices. Invest what you can when you can and GROW your business and you will prosper. I can almost see a couple of chairs, table and coffee pot over in the corner for people to come in and sit for a spell.;)
    I was treated well by a man who was busy and I'm not a LEO. I wish him luck in the future and will return when I can.

Bob

Lawguns

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I have never been there, where is it located, due they have a good source of products

2619 Shelby St
    Indianapolis, IN 46203
    317-822-8129
    Law Enforcement Firearms, Inc.

I was in there once. The first thing that struck me was the lack of stock and the area. The area? Nothing can be done other than to try to make it better by bringing in HIS business. The stock? From what I understand, it's a new shop. From what I saw, he is trying to make it into a great shop by following good business practices. Invest what you can when you can and GROW your business and you will prosper. I can almost see a couple of chairs, table and coffeepot over in the corner for people to come in and sit for a spell.
    I was treated well by a man who was busy and I'm not a LEO. I wish him luck in the future and will return when I can.
    Bob

I can't change the neighborhood and I understand people that feel it is a bad neighborhood. The Garfield Park neighborhood is actually not that bad. As a cop I used to work in that neighborhood. It is not Geist or Fishers but it is as good a neighborhood as most Indy gun shops. It is Indy. In fact it is so great (affordable) that we now have 3 gun shops in a few blocks of each other since I moved in.
    As for the Stock, we have 2 problems. One is that I can't just pick up the phone and order stuff these days. The second is that I have about 100K wrapped up in this range that I thought would be done but the State sat on my plans for 7 months before approving them. All I can say is When I am done I hope to have a working pistol range and a good looking store full of guns.
    When we are done I will also have a table with a couple chairs and coffeepot up front by the TV for the local cops and people to stop in.
    For those that feel I treat them different if they are Law Enforcement. I will admit that if I know someone I treat him or her different. However I have never looked down on people because they are not Law Enforcement. Since the beginning most of my business other then Department contracts has been the civilian market.

For some others

I will say that if you come in my store and tell me what I need, (you need to carry this, you need to do this, you need more of these) I will take note of what you are asking for but if you are the only one I doubt that I will carry that. I can always special order it.

If you are having a gun transferred to you through us. Great, we do that for a lot of people. However, if you have it sent USPS know that many times they fail to notify us that it is at the Post Office, Fed Ex just loses stuff, UPS is the best. When you call and ask where your gun is the first thing I will ask you is do you have a tracking number? If you don't have a tracking number I can't find it if it has not arrived. Please also understand that we have a set of rules for what should be in the box of a transferred gun. If they fail to tell us who it is for it may take us a day to go through all the transfer forms to figure out who it is for. I had one in back for a year that we could not figure out who it was for. Finally the auction house told me it was supposed to go somewhere else. To finalize transfers, I know you are excited to get your new gun but can't make it arrive. I do want you to call and check on it but we need the tracking number too. DON'T SHIP A GUN WITH OUT A TRACKING NUMBER.

I would like to thank everyone that has supported my business and hope that you will continue to do so.

PS. if you come in with an attitude I will give you one back. That is the perk of being the owner.

Last edited:

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    well once again, i just want to say i had a pleasant and professional experience with your business. i hope to stop in once everything is up and running- always looking for good prices, new stuff, etc.

cordex

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    Just went by again today with my little brother. No problems at all, had everything we were looking for and were willing to help out with an FFL transfer. Very friendly staff. When they're not as busy, they're more laid back ... just like anyone.

I'm looking forward to the range the most. It is close enough to work for me to come over lunch, assuming I can afford the rates.

Last edited:

Lawguns

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Just went by again today with my little brother. No problems at all, had everything we were looking for and were willing to help out with an FFL transfer. Very friendly staff. When they're not as busy, they're more laid back ... just like anyone.

I'm looking forward to the range the most. It is close enough to work for me to come over lunch, assuming I can afford the rates.

You will be able to afford them trust me on that.

well once again, i just want to say i had a pleasant and professional experience with your business. i hope to stop in once everything is up and running- always looking for good prices, new stuff, etc.

Thanks

Top Bottom