CA Senator talks about "Ghost Guns" and makes a total fool of himself.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swany11

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    I don't know about you, but I'm all for banning "30 caliber clips" and "thirty magazine clips".

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    "Fully automatic sniper rifle" capable of "dispersing" 30 rounds in a half-second. 30*2=60; 60*60=3,600 rounds/minute. An M249 SAW is around 700 RPM. The German MG42 was over 1,000, but 1,500 was about as high as it could go (so I've read). There was a LEO in the background who should have Gibbs-slapped him, that's a semi-automatic sport rifle, not a mini-gun.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    In my profession, if I demonstrated such a total lack of knowledge of the projects I am responsible for in front of my peers and my clients, I would be looking for a new job. I'm sure the same is true for everyone here. Politics - the one and only profession where ignorance is a virtue.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    In my profession, if I demonstrated such a total lack of knowledge of the projects I am responsible for in front of my peers and my clients, I would be looking for a new job. I'm sure the same is true for everyone here. Politics - the one and only profession where ignorance is a virtue.

This is too true. Although when your ignorance mirrors that of your constituency and the lapdog media, you are seen as a genius.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Wait, a Californian congresscritter doesn't know about the subject of his law? Well, that's never happened before.

I guess I'm safe. He didn't say anything about my flare and radar chaff dispensors, or my Electronics Counter Measures module.

funeralweb

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    "Fully automatic sniper rifle" capable of "dispersing" 30 rounds in a half-second. 30*2=60; 60*60=3,600 rounds/minute. An M249 SAW is around 700 RPM. The German MG42 was over 1,000, but 1,500 was about as high as it could go (so I've read). There was a LEO in the background who should have Gibbs-slapped him, that's a semi-automatic sport rifle, not a mini-gun.

If it's cheaper than a Vulcan with that rate of fire, gimme gimme. Lucky that such a scary-looking weapon didn't just start firing all by itself.:ar15::shoot::biggun:

funeralweb

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    They love this guy out there

CA Senator makes a complete fool of himself talking about "Ghost guns" with gems like this: "30 magazine clip, half a second."

Senator from CA shows his ignorance of firearms <video>

You really can't make this stuff up. :rolleyes: :xmad:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...l4CYDg&usg=AFQjCNHNe4Yg4_VLlnngn7Rg9V7AAIROow

I'm searching for election results from his races in his district, which happens to be the 22nd. 22nd district, how ironic is that? :puke:

UPDATED: He ran unopposed in 2010 and garnered 100% of the over 90,000 votes cast in that liberal wasteland. DOUBLE :puke::puke:!!!!

Last edited:

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    You know, he didn't just make this up by himself. You can bet his staff vetted the information. This makes me wonder about the various other 'accomplishments' he is touting on his FB page...

Wonder if he has his "sights" set on higher office. [shudder]

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    You know, he didn't just make this up by himself. You can bet his staff vetted the information. This makes me wonder about the various other 'accomplishments' he is touting on his FB page...

Wonder if he has his "sights" set on higher office. [shudder]

Oh yeah, what I was thinking. If he is really that clueless, you know that the majority of the research and his speech was written by someone else. Likely not by the Law Enforcement officers behind him either.

Does anybody else think that he bought his toupee from Rod Blagoiavich (the latest Illinois governor in prison) yard sale??

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Oh yeah, what I was thinking. If he is really that clueless, you know that the majority of the research and his speech was written by someone else. Likely not by the Law Enforcement officers behind him either.

Does anybody else think that he bought his toupee from Rod Blagoiavich (the latest Illinois governor in prison) yard sale??

The new DiFi? Twice as clueless? Or maybe he's planning a move to Long Island...

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    They could care less about facts. 70% of voters in pre-nazi Germay considered Hitler a joke that no one would take seriously (saw that on "The Third Reich" just this morning on History) and who got the last laugh there? These anti-gun politicians aren't preaching to the public that knows the truth but the ones that believe whatever they are told and will pass on everything they hear as the gospel truth. California is a good example of politicians manipulating people to ultimately accept everything they hear as the way it should be and what is best for them and when they eventually realize their mistake, it's too late.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi

Same here. Unfortunately it seems that in politics, ignorance and stupidity is rewarded.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    Look, He was scared.
    That Ghost Gun of destruction and death could have went off at any time and killed everyone in the room.
    Spewing 30 caliber 30 clip magazines all over with no where to hide.
    People, that's traumatic.
    So he got shook up and messed up a few terms here and there.
    Could have happened to anyone.

Top Bottom