• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    U.S. Congressman peter visclosky is holding several town hall meetings around N.W. Indiana.
    He has a very strong opinion that Chicago gun laws should the law of the land in the U.S. of A.
    we need people to attend as many meeting as possible and show him where we stand on gun control.

:ingo:
    Friday Jan 3
    CST
    10:00 Dyer 1 town Square,
    12:00 Munster 1005 Ridge Rd
    14:00 Purdue University Student union library 2200 169th Street, Hammond
    16:00 Lincoln Center 2450 Lincoln st rm 108/9, Highland
    18:00 Griffith Town hall 111 N. Broad St

Sat jan 4
    10:00 Valparaiso City Hall 166 Lincolnway
    12:00 Portage City hall 6070 Central Ave
    14:00 Michigan City city hall 100 East Michigan Blvd
    16:00 Westchester Public Lib. 100 w. Indiana Ave, Chesterton
    18:00 American Leagion Post 27 Miller Dunes 6601 Hobart Rd, Gary

Sunday jan 5
    14:00 Hebron Community Ctr 611 N. main st
    16:00 Crown Point Civic Ctr 101 S.E. st.
    18:00 Cedar lake Fraternal Order of Eagles 13140 lake Shore Dr.

mon jan 6
    10:00 Hobart City Hall 414 N. Main St
    12;00 Lake STATION 1969 CENTRAL aVE
    14:00 Gary YMCA 150 W. 15th Ave
    16:00 East Chicago Main Library 2401 E. Columbus Dr.
    18:00 Merrillville town Hall 7820 Broadway

Tue Jan 7
    10:00 Calumet Collage of St Joseph 2400 new York Ave rm 200, Whiting

I challenged him in Michigan City the last time he had a meeting here.
    Then I wrote him facts on how Chicago gun control laws failed or was disregarded.
    he return a message stating that he was very firm on his opinion.
    then he stated at the end of his E Mail to me. He will not except any more "E Mail" from me.

Alphamale

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Talking and emailing a congressman wont accomplish anything. But how can someone who doesnt know the difference between accept and except be expected to understand that?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    If Mr. Visclosky is so strong in his opinions, I wonder if he's willing to go try to make the collections himself? Somehow.... I doubt it.

U.S. Congressman peter visclosky is holding several town hall meetings around N.W. Indiana.
    He has a very strong opinion that Chicago gun laws should the law of the land in the U.S. of A.
    we need people to attend as many meeting as possible and show him where we stand on gun control.

:ingo:
    then he stated at the end of his E Mail to me. He will not except any more "E Mail" from me.

I also think that if you still have the email where he said this, you should make it public. He is YOUR ELECTED REPRESENTATIVE. If he is refusing to even hear from you, how is he supposed to do the job he was hired to do?

At a minimum, he should be voted out next term (after all, if he refuses to accept mail from one, who says he will accept it from any of his constituents?) And I'd think this should be grounds for some form of censure. In times past, it would have been grounds for a bucket of tar and a down pillow to be opened and used.

Blessings,
    Bill

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I also think that if you still have the email where he said this, you should make it public. He is YOUR ELECTED REPRESENTATIVE. If he is refusing to even hear from you, how is he supposed to do the job he was hired to do?
    In my experience, people in positions of authority frequently use the "I'm not even going to listen to you" gambit against people who hold heterodoxic views.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I challenged him in Michigan City the last time he had a meeting here.
    Then I wrote him facts on how Chicago gun control laws failed or was disregarded.
    he return a message stating that he was very firm on his opinion.
    then he stated at the end of his E Mail to me. He will not except any more "E Mail" from me

Not calling you a liar, but I would love to see a copy of the full email exchange. Not saying it doesnt happen, but this is the first time in my adult life that I have heard of an elected representative outright stating that a constituent's communication was no longer welcome. Well, one time, but that also was accompanied by a restraining order. :n00b:

Also, can you describe how you challenged him and what his reaction was FTF? Did he connect the dots between that interaction and your email?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Pete Visclosky is in the back pocket of the Labor Unions.

Big Labor Unions (Teamsters/AFL-CIO/etc) are netoriously anti-gun.

Visclosky's district is dominated by union members. His seat is safe for as long as he wants it because he has their backing.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Pete Visclosky is in the back pocket of the Labor Unions.

Big Labor Unions (Teamsters/AFL-CIO/etc) are netoriously anti-gun.

Visclosky's district is dominated by union members. His seat is safe for as long as he wants it because he has their backing.

He's supported by defense contractors as much, if not more, than the local unions. Between the two he is untouchable. Visclosky is the ranking member of the Defense Subcommittee of the House Appropriations Committee. He's a big time power-player for the military industrial complex. A lot of powerful forces, including the Pentagon, have an interest in keeping him in office.

Top Bottom