• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Best Pocket Pistol (Kel-Tec vs. Ruger) ?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I have read a lot of threads on here lately with people asking for advice on a pocket gun and also some discussions individually of the Kel-Tec's and the Ruger LCP. I'd like to see how the numbers add up in a poll from you guys, the experts, so we can look at the numerical results. This may not be completely scientific, since I added two (2) 380 flavors with a 9mm, but I am being selfish because I want to see a comparison and opinions of the three. They are the Kel-Tec P3AT, Kel-Tec PF9, and the Ruger LCP. I added an option for other, because I'm sure there will be strong opinions for none of these. I couldn't find a poll on this before, so hopefully I'm not repeating an old "study".

Thanks in advance for your opinions and votes...

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    I usually slip my Glock 26 into a front pocket. It prints a little, but I'm a bigger guy so I tend to wear my jeans a little baggy. 100% reliable gun. Extra G19 mag on other side if I think I might need that much lead.

andyrping

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Greensburg, Pennsylvania
    picture.php

For those that like shiny.

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    Buzzzzzzz. I hit the botton to give my answer.
    The Smith & Wesson 642 revolver. Stoked with 135 gr. +P Gold Dots. And Crimson Trace 305 grips.

Do I get the prize for completely disregarding the poll answers?:D

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Buzzzzzzz. I hit the botton to give my answer.
    The Smith & Wesson 642 revolver. Stoked with 135 gr. +P Gold Dots. And Crimson Trace 305 grips.

Do I get the prize for completely disregarding the poll answers?:D

Dryden, I'm looking for ideas and suggestions; all welcome. I know there are a lot of good things out there and I like to hear the perspectives and ideas. Thanks for posting...

Interloper

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    Tough call, I was thinking about one of the kel-Tecs then I saw the picture of the LCP and was reminded of the excellent finish/quality. Maybe one of each for your carry rotation!

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I voted "other". My current pocket gun is a Colt Pony Pocketlite .380, to be replaced with a Kahr P380 once they become more readily available. SIG P238 would be another excellent option in that size/weight class, and all three smoke the P32/P3AT/LCP when it comes to shootability and accuracy.

My :twocents:

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I'm loving the comments and suggestions. It shows my limited knowledge (and maybe also my limited funds :xmad:), but I'm learning a lot.

Keep them coming and thanks for all of the advice and information. :popcorn:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Sorry I couldn't agree with your choices because if you met me on the street, you can be assured that I will have a Kahr PM9 in my pocket.

GregD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Madison County
    I voted for the Kel-Tec because that is what I have and carry in very hot weather. It's sure not my first choice, I'm still a fan of the 38 spl.

dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    I carry a kel tec 380. The ruger is nice but for just a pocket carry I go for the money saver and got the kel tec. Although I like my Walther ppk/s and hope to soon have a Walther pps.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom