• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • morrismm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2014
    Brownsburg
    Looking at purchasing an H&K P30SKS. I like it in the gun store, but I haven't shot it yet. I'm wondering if anyone else can share their experience with one. Comparisons to other guns would be helpful. Thanks!

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    What's your current handgun experience?

This be a range gun or a carry gun?

I ask this only because if your experience is limited to striker-fired guns, a DA/SA gun will have more of a learning curve to it.

But those P30 grips sure do feel nice, don't they?

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    I used to have one. I didn't have the safety model and I had the V3, so there was a decocker. I loved it. Best grip I've ever felt in a handgun. It seriously melted into my hand. Never had it act up when shooting it either. My only problem was that I was probably gripping it wrong. The hammer came back and hit the meaty part between my thumb and index finger after every shot. It got old always having an open wound or a scab there all the time.

Really though its a great gun. I like DA/SA guns though.

morrismm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2014
    Brownsburg
    I currently have a SIG P229 in .40 which is a DA/SA gun. I love it, but I would like a gun that is easier to conceal and in 9mm (for ammo cost and convenience). My wife is looking at getting into shooting and she likes the H&K (based on how it fits in her hand). I'm thinking of getting one to "test" it for her. I'm a good husband like that.

What's your current handgun experience?

This be a range gun or a carry gun?

I ask this only because if your experience is limited to striker-fired guns, a DA/SA gun will have more of a learning curve to it.

But those P30 grips sure do feel nice, don't they?

Nate Suns

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    Fishers
    I conceal carry a P30SK V1 light LEM any time I'm not carrying it's big brother. I carry AIWB and it absolutely disappears, but it still shoots as well as a full size gun. I have shot the DA/SA variant and I much prefer the LEM and I would suggest you at least try it before you but the model with a safety.

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    I currently have a SIG P229 in .40 which is a DA/SA gun. I love it, but I would like a gun that is easier to conceal and in 9mm (for ammo cost and convenience). My wife is looking at getting into shooting and she likes the H&K (based on how it fits in her hand). I'm thinking of getting one to "test" it for her. I'm a good husband like that.

If you're a DA/SA guy with your 229 I think you'll love the P30SK. The recoil or lack there of is pretty nice. With the right loads your wife should have no issues (YMMV). The grip options on the P30SK will really help it fit her hands.

IMO, you would be a good husband getting her one. ;) Happy Wife, happy life, New P30SK. Win-Win.

[video=youtube;K6HUmLr1mBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6HUmLr1mBE[/video]

Top Bottom