• ...and so much more!
  • AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I did an install of some Heinie sights for a fellow INGO member and thought I would post the results.

I ran into one complication though, the old front sight was soldiered on. Other then that this is a nice upgrade, more work then Novaks but they look nice.
    I hope everybody doesn't mind that this is a little pic heavy :)

Step 1: After removing the rear sight and giving up on removing the front sight conventionally I decided to set it up in the mill so I could mill the front sight loose. At this point I still thought that the sight was just staked on.

Finding level

What I found:

It was solid this is after attempt to remove the remainder

I decided to remove the majority of it and go ahead and do the sight cuts and revisit this later..

Now for the rear. these require a few more cuts then Novaks. removing old dovetail

Preparing for new dovetaail plus if you notice there is a relief cut on the very back of the slide that is needed.

the rear of the slide does not follow the sight contour so material gets removed here to. The fact that we knew this was going to happen and refinishing would be required made me not worry about the front sight so much.

Had to cut the firing pin stop.

Now this mess

Sorry for the glare, I just filed and sanded the old piece off. I tried some heat but it still would budge.

Blended the rear of the slide

refinishing is all that's left

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    Man, I forgot about the HiPower project on my list! I think it can wait for the others to get done first. Those sights look good on the HiPower.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Allen, there can never be tooo many pics of your talented work!! Awesome job. Thanks for sharing.

Sirshredalot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Muncie
    I sure will, things are pretty backed up right now though...so Im thinking it wont be until after the first of the year...everyone is talking at least a few weeks turn around.
    Plus Im limited on travel options.

On a side noted the gun feels and points great...I'll get some "before" pictures up soon.
    NIce work Allen
    God bless
    -Shred

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    My brother just had a set installed on his BHP. Apparently IDPA will allow BHP's this year with the mag disconnect removed.

Top Bottom