• Status
    Please reply by conversation.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    This group buy is essentially closed. I am now out of regular main packs that do not require repair. I'll reopen this thread when I asses my inventory of packs that will be sold as "blemished" or repaired.

Packs (and most all other stuff) can still be bought through the regular classifieds ads I have.

I receive possession of them Friday evening 12/21/12 but they will need sorted, possibly cleaned and who knows what else even though they were classed as in good shape. You are in no obligation to act, or otherwise contact me until the packs are in but I wanted to go ahead and start this thread so you have the option to if you want. Also so you can see how it is all playing out.
    **I bought 250 packs but I'm assuming that there will be 200 bags in good working condition. Once they are in my hands I'll adjust the actual number of bags available. Only if their is a number of significantly better or worse bags in the mix will I adjust the price, and the adjustment will be for the outlying bags and result in zero difference in the total $ amount of the buy. The price of the "good working condition" bags will remain the same. Basically I'm making the assumption that at least 200 of the 250 will fall in that category so we can get things rolling. (Point: no change in income, just trying to make it fair.)

The group buy is for ILBE main packs that includes their lid and waist belts.

COST: (drum roll please)
    $22.50 per pack, cash or check (see second post if you are considering using a check!)
    $22.50 x # of packs + 2.5% if using credit card (cc), ftf, that I swipe.
    $22.50 x #of packs + 3.5% if using c.c., # given by PM or otherwise not a swipe.
    $22.50 x #packs + 2.9% paypal email removed put your screen name in the comments and confirm a final price with me via PM prior to sending it please.

Shipping and handling:
    $0 ftf or through the INGO supply chain.
    1-2 packs $25 anywhere in the state
    3-4 packs $30 anywhere in the state
    If you are getting any "other stuff" (see my other classifieds ads) I'll have to calculate this separately but usually can be added to same box so same price.

NOTE on inventory: I've given up on an an accurate count for inventory. I keep finding packs that go to the repair pile, and repair some to put back in circulation. Plus some folks show up FTF and get more or less than originally marked down for. My inventory system now consists of: When I'm out, there are no more. The list below is kept accurate in terms of the color designation but not the quantities.

From the group buy feeler thread:

red = out, Blue = I've heard from, Green = paid, black = no longer in my possession (shipped, picked up FTF or by someone) invisible ink = you are not on the list. I have a more detailed spread sheet going for my records and this list has less priority so it may not be exactly correct in quantities. The color information should, however, be correct.

Name #in feeler thread Number actually buying
    CathyInBlue 8 5 + 5 assault +5 hydration
    Littletommy 3 0
    Indyjohn555 10 10 + 10 assault
    Rgriff69 2 0
    Mosinguy [STRIKE]2[/STRIKE] 0
    Colt556 4 0
    SSGSAD 1 0
    WC Deer Hunter 2 0
    cobber 3 2 + 1 asslt
    BIGE7.62 2 2 + 2assault + 3 hydration
    ParaManAR15 2 1 + 1 assault
    GLOCKMAN23C 3 2 plus 1 assault
    Nighthawk80 3 2 +2 asslt + 1 hydrat + 2(1ea. sz) overalls
    Loco179 2 0 out no replies
    goodcat 10 4 + 2 assault + 4 water bottles
    SEIndSAM 2 2
    Hoosier8 1 1 (prem if avail.) + 1assault +1 hydrat +1 (xl) coverall + 2 h20 bottls
    bigworm 2 0 out no replies
    Libertarian01 2 2
    QUE 5 1
    Dragon 3 3
    Bucky623 3 1 + 2 assault pks
    Ricnzak 3 2 + 2 asslt pks + 2 hydrat + 2 h20 bottles +2 (xl)coveralls
    Outlaw 2 0
    SWAMPMASTER 5-10 6 + 6 assault
    chrisjross85 3 0 out no replies
    spencer rifle 3 3
    N8RV 1 1 + 1 assault +1 hydrat + 1 overall(xl)
    GI JOE 3 2 + 2 assault + 1 hydrat
    japartridge 2 2 +1 aslt + 1 hydrat
    HavokCycle 2 2
    iChokePeople [STRIKE]4[/STRIKE] 3 plus 3 assaultpks
    TopDog 3 2 paid
    schwaky18 2 2+2 assault + 2 hydration+ 1 coverall (s/m r)
    Txlur 2 2 + 1 assault
    David Rose 2 2 + 2 (xl) overalls + 1 hat
    Steve 2 0
    Lester 3 3 + 3 assault
    vedearduff 4 1 + 1 assault + 1 hydrat
    ryanbr 1 1 + 1 assault
    Ronald 1 0 out no replies
    6mm Shoot 3 0
    Paiute 3 0 out no replies
    zgoziner 3 3 plus 3 hydration, +3 assault,+ 3 bibs (1s/m, 2 lg)
    perry 2 1 + 1 assault prem. if poss
    Cozy439 3 3 + 3 assault + 2 hydrat
    flatlander 4 0
    Newbomb 1 1 + 1 aslt
    Walleyepw 2 2
    DocEd 1 1 + 1 assault
    obijohn 3 3 plus 2 assault
    Kedric 2 2+ 2 assault +2 hydration
    Exodus 2 1

LockStocksAndBarrel 2 2 + 2 assault
    MikeTodd 5 4 + 5 assault
    doglb 2 0
    the1kidd03 5 2 + 3 assault + 4 hydrat +4 coveralls
    Rocket 2 0
    bmbutch 1 1 +1 assault
    Valvestate 2 2+ 3 assault +4 water bottles + 2 bibs (s/m) +2 hats
    shooter651 2 2 + 2 assault
    Bill B 2 2
    Icarry2 2 2 + 2 aslt + 2 hydrat
    Tim1911 3 0
    PeaShooter 3 1 +1 +1bib
    zoglog 2 2 + 2assault + 2 hydration
    spearheadersarge 2 2 plus 2 assault pks
    SaintsNSinners 1 0 out no replies
    tooleman 2 2 + 2 hydrate
    Davis0023 4 4
    CountryBoy19 4 4 + 6 asault
    T.Lex 1 1 + 1 assault +1 hydration
    CTC B4Z 3 2
    Caldad 1 1
    GPIA7R 2 0
    zclevenger 3 3 + 2 aslt
    casselmb 2 0 out no replies
    Bruenor 4 4 plus 4 assault 4 hydration + 1 hat
    GIJEW 2 1 + 2 assault + 1 hydrat
    SlugRetention 3 3 + 3 aslt + 2 coverall (1 ea sz)
    Brett 2 0
    Giddaltti 4 2

Pete 2
    valposhooter 4
    Dobeluvr 2
    burt gummer 1
    fatguyinalittlecoat 2
    rdg 2
    gutpile 4
    Dirtbiker 3
    Jarhead77 3
    rhart 4
    Relatively Ninja 1
    catfishjn69 3
    Stainer 4
    indyk 1
    nomadicmutt 2
    Mbills2223 2
    Rikkrack 10
    IndianaSelfDefense 10
    Apokalypsi 1
    Pale Rider 2
    Marinemom 3
    sbrville 1
    alliclaytor 5
    2ADMNLOVER 2
    mk2ja 2
    racer77 2
    longbow 3
    Fawkes 2
    Ripper 4
    454comp 1+
    cookchs 2+
    jdhaines 1+
    PwrCruz 1+
    Nmathew24 2+
    Lex Concord 1+
    castle134 3+
    GONZO!!! 3+
    fpdshooter 1+
    Jerry 1+
    paintman 2+
    breas1 1

The list would go on from here but we are WAY past what this GB will service. I WILL be doing this again and likely in the very near future so people on the alternate status will keep their place in line for future group buys. I'm assuming their will be 200 bags in good working condition. The price is based on the economy of scale as if there are 250 bags. I've divided the price among all 250 bags so if their are some that are not I'll eat that. With the add on items having profit I'll be OK with that risk.

The number next to your name is the larger number mentioned in the feeler thread. Adding up the smaller number of packs people alluded to wanting to buy, the 200 pack cut off is at Gidalti. People below that name are in an alternate status. Nobody on the list is committed to anything, you are not backing out of a deal by replying "no, I changed my mind" but if you are above "the Gidalti line" I need to hear from you. This line was based on a conservative estimate, for example people that said they would take 3-5 bags were considered to take 3 for the sake of guessing where the cutoff would be but marked as 5. They are not being held to 3 but are being limited to 5. I had to find a balance of fair and practical.

Packs will not leave my possession without payment.
    Once I get a PM or post IN THIS THREAD from you that states "I am sending payment for x#bags" I'll change your color to blue.
    Once I get payment I will turn your name and # of bags green.
    Once I hear that you don't want to participate I'll put a 0 (zero) for the # of actual bags buying. That way as I hear from people, the folks farther down the list can anticipate whether there are going to be bags this time around.

SO, if you are Gidalti, or your name is above his, please post in this thread or PM me the number of main packs you want, and if you want any of the other stuff, and how you want to pay. If you don't want to participate please still PM me so I know I can start offerinng to people below you in the list.

Last edited:

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    More detailed breakdown of how the $21.50 came about:

Main packs:
    $2509.00(auction winning bids) for 250 packs
    $2509 x 17% (10% auction premium + 7% IN sales tax)= $426.53
    $2509 +$426.53 = $2935.53 then divide by 250 (packs)= $11.74 /main pack

Lids:
    I won a lot of 300 for $823
    $823 x 17%= $139.91,
    $823 + 139.91= $926.91 divide by 300 (packs) = $3.21/lid

Belts:
    I won 3 lots totaling $1982 for 342 belts.
    $1982 x 17% = $336.94
    $1982 + $336.94 = $2318.94 divide by 342 = $6.87/belt

$11.74 (per pack) + $6.87 (per belt) + $3.21 (per lid) = $21.73 per complete pack prior to expense involved in getting them from OH to me.

On the IN sales tax:
    I was able to avoid getting taxed on the OH end of things but I am required to pay sales tax.

Shipping cost associated with getting them to me:
    The reality is that I'm combining this with stuff I'm getting outside of the group buy portion of the shipping costs. There are many ways to figure the portion of the total actual shipping cost that should be allocated to the GB. What I've found is that in the end there is NOT a big range of per pack cost difference between them.

You can pretend that there wasn't anything purchased but the GB stuff:
    Due to the weight and volume of the GB stuff alone it would take 2 vehicles with MPG less favorable than my minivan.
    2 vehicles round trip from me to auction = almost exactly 800 miles,
    @ 18 MPG= 44.44 gallons of gas x $3.40/gal= $151.10 in gas alone.

You can figure it by percentage of weight:
    5230 lbs total wt of product to be shipped
    2807lbs additional stuff 54%
    2423 lbs GB stuff 46%

Cost of shipping:
    $425 give or take based on gas est.
    x 46% (GB portion) = $195.5 then divide by 250 = $.78 per pack
    $21.73 + .78 = $22.51/ pack
    If I'm not able to get the truck back within 24 hrs of picking it up that bumps up to $22.65 per pack with shipping to me included.

To have gone commercial:
    It was going to be at or near or a little over $500. Frankly for the cost difference per item this was the way to go but 1) I'm a tight wad, 2) I'm wanting to be very hands on with this so I can get a feel for how it all works at the facility. This would have bumped the price to $500 x 46% = $230, divided by 250 items in the GB = $.92, + $21.73= $22.65

You can see the range of cost is $1 or much less per pack. To me it is a bigger deal to round off so I'm not making as much change for the cash guys than to sweat actual cost of transport vs. est. cost. For that matter the cost of shipping (let alone the range of methods to calculate it) doesn't ad more than a dollar to the per pack cost! Hence the $22.50 per pack price.

Not trying to plea a case here, more of a full disclosure motivation. I didn't want anyone thinking I was passing the shipping cost of my stuff onto the GB stuff. The main packs were purchased, priced out, and will be sold with a group buy philosophy. That being; I'm a guy wanting a pack at a great price so I'm buying in bulk, getting one, and selling the rest off at price (no profit).

Now the "other stuff" in the post below this one is not the same situation. I have tried to price it out such that I cannot find it anywhere on the web for that price. Plus since you are already making arrangements to get the main packs the shipping should be $0 or close to it in additional expense or traveling if FTF.

What is the INGO supply chain?
    Hop on this thread, start chatting it up with others as to where you are in the state, where you travel regularly and it is amazing how fast things get distributed. I think the MRE GB got distributed in a matter of a week or two and only a handful of people traveled anywhere they were not already going. What makes this work so well is that I don't have to be that involved in it. You guys chat it up and post publicly who has permission to pick your stuff up with their own. I also want to see a post where that person acknowledges he is cool with picking that up for you so people don't get volunteered. You can also use this to pass along payment but that is your own decision. I personally think this makes checks somewhat convenient because if you want to avoid using a cc or paypal, a check has a little more of a paper trail associated with it. Just my two cents. Either way, post in the thread "so and so has my $x for my stuff"

Regarding payment with checks:
    I'm willing to take the chance that you will not send me a check that has insufficient funds. (an advantage of working with an online "Community" and not just some random website. While I understand accidents in book keeping happen, I will first simply contact you to let you know it bounced and you will be charged a $20 "bounced check fee". If it is not handled with a "I'm so embarrassed, I'll get you the money ASAP along with the additional fee" approach in a timely manor I'll publicly post up the screen name and I'll pursue action that is appropriate for check fraud.
    I'm willing to take checks. I'm not willing to increase my work load to monitor and make sure it clears prior to sending out your product because that will derail the INGO supply chain. That is why I want to be very clear that, while I will take a check I will not be happy if allowing this convenience makes the process much less convenient. Please understand this up front.

Last edited:

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    The "other stuff":

EDIT This stuff is now being handled through individual classifieds ads in the "non-firearm related" classifieds section.

For the time being these are only available to the folks getting main packs through the main pack group buy.
    Therefore the shipping for these will be for actual cost but since they will be put in with the GB it will not likely increase the cost. Of course if you are using the INGO supply chain the shipping is $0.
    ALSO!!!!!! The cost below is cash check or charge. Calculate your GB purchase from the formula in the first post, then just add straight up the per item cost below. Tax, cc, or paypal fees are included in the prices of the "other stuff".

250 assault packs $22 each.
    48091642_gl_large_thumb.jpg

A little less than 200 hydration carriers (without bladders) $10 each
    48064456_gl_large_thumb.jpg

New Polartec cold weather overalls, 2 sizes 400 each "med-sm regular" and "XL-s/r" $5 each

48159949_gl_large_thumb.jpg

I also have a handful of these:
    ALL THE HATS I'VE BEEN TRUSTED WITH ARE SPOKEN FOR AT THIS TIME.
    INGO Digital Camo Embroidered Hat - $15 (AAC M4-2000 not included)

4NDal.jpg

Water bottles: $4 each

See better description and pics here https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/non_firearms_related/241250-water_bottles.html

IMG_20121019_102234.jpg

Last edited:

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Sleeping systems,

$78 for the ones that are complete (Patrol Sleeping Bag, Intermediate Cold Weather Bag & Bivy Cove, and compression sack)
    $63 for the ones without the covers.
    These are on a first come first served basis, there are MANY that are in great shape.
    48063844_gl_large_thumb.jpg

48280212_gl_large_thumb.jpg

A couple of the lots I got for these are in good to impressive shape. I'm not going to have time to sort them.
    They will be sold on a first come first served basis either FTF or have the person getting your stuff pick yours out.

Cold weather poncho liners (woobies):
    48313471_gl_large_thumb.jpg

$20, Your choice of camo green or camo green. This price has been edited from $25 to $20.

6 Mag Bandoleer Ammo Pouch, Component of Modular Lightweight Load Bearing System, Desert Camo
    48270483_gl_large_thumb.jpg

These are in good to great shape. $8

I'm getting slammed with the holidays, family, and the GB. I'll be at my house 10-5 today for pickups but I'm going to have to put this on the back burner for at least a couple days and light through the next week in order to remain a dad and husband.:D

I GREATLY underestimated the physical size and volume of the stuff and have no room to sort. You will have to come pick and sort yourself to put together your packs. I'm going to also have to keep the 200 pack limit in place for now until I can get some of the other stuff into storage and regain the use of my home.

Last edited:

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    [STRIKE]Mosinguy is still up for [STRIKE]two[/STRIKE] ONE main pack. However I can't pick it up until maybe Sunday or Monday at the least. It could be longer. Who is the Greenwood person who is distributing? Also do we pay the person we pick these up from?

EDIT: The other person I was buying for didn't want one anymore. This frees one up for someone.[/STRIKE]

Mosinguy can't buy anymore. Last minute finances dictate otherwise. Sorry. This frees up two packs!

Last edited:

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    I'd like three main, three assault, that will free up one main for someone below the line.

I'll pm you for PayPal info.

Thank you VERY much.

ETA: on the off chance that there are extra, I'd still take the four I originally said, just trying to be nice and let one more person have one.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    I'm still down for 3 and probably the same amount of bladders and coveralls. I can pay cash when I pick up or paypal anytime.

dobeluvr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2012
    Ok, I'll ask. First I understand it will take some time, not trying to hurry anything. The original thread got rather large. How will we on the alternate list know we are "in". Will our names be marked somehow? or do we just need to keep reading, lol?

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I will go ahead and free up a couple of the main packs for people further down the list.

I'll CONFIRM at:

2x Main Packs
    3x Assault Packs
    4x Camelbaks
    4x coveralls

This will release an additional 3 main packs to be picked up by other members down the list.

I'll pay in cash when I pick up, that's not a problem.

Let me know when/where I can offer any assistance inspecting/sorting. I won't be free on the 22nd, but will be the Sunday after to assist.

EDIT: I would also be interested in a spare Generation 1 (black buckles) lid and hip belt if you end up with them.

Bruenor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Pendleton
    Thanks for organizing this. I'm in for the following.

Main Packs - 4
    Assault Packs - 4
    Hydration Packs - 4
    INGO Hat - 1

Edited to add: I will be paying cash and will pick them up when they come in.

Last edited:

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Anyone from NWI?

I'm still in for the 2 main, will mail check.
    Anyone from NWI in on this and want to split a drive? AFTER Christmas

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I'm still down for 3 and probably the same amount of bladders and coveralls. I can pay cash when I pick up or paypal anytime.

If you are picking them up yourself, cash is great. I failed to mention how to utilize PayPal if that is your pref. so I'll edit that asap. BTW I have the water carriers (camelbak things) but they don't have the bladders. Am I to assume you mean carriers?

Ok, I'll ask. First I understand it will take some time, not trying to hurry anything. The original thread got rather large. How will we on the alternate list know we are "in". Will our names be marked somehow? or do we just need to keep reading, lol?

As soon as I start to see mathmatically there will be packs available for the people below the alternate line I'll start PM'ing them individually. Good question.

. I'm in for the following.

Main Packs - 2
    Assault Packs - 2
    Hydration Packs - 2
    Coveralls - 1

I can pay cash at pick-up or send you money through PayPal, whatever you prefer.

If you are picking them up yourself, cash is great. I failed to mention how to utilize PayPal if that is your pref. so I'll edit that asap.

Last edited:

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    I'm confirming:

2 main packs @ $22.50/ea
    2 Assault packs @ $22/ea
    2 Hydration carriers @ $10/ea

$109 total. Damn good price for 2 full sets! I'll be paying cash and will pick up FTF.

Thanks again for doing this!

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Confirm me for the 2 I indicated in the feeler thread.

Bapak2ja may have to do the legwork for me if I'm not able to do it while I'm out of state, but I will on fact be home for the holidays.

Miketodd

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I will confirm for the 4 main packs and 5 assault packs.
    If the number of assualt packs changes, I will update.
    I am in Northwest Indiana and will figure out payment soon (depends on if I can get down to pick up.)
    I switched mine to 4 main packs and 5 assault. That should free up one main pack for someone on the alternate list. This is the last update I will make to my order. I will send payment as soon as I can by check or cahs (cash if I pick up).

Last edited:

Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    I will confirm for the 2 main packs and 2 x-tra large coveralls. It will be after Christmas be for I can get up there though. I will bring cash. Please PM me if this is a problem (the pick up timing)

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom