• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I could have sworn there was another thread that mentioned these two guys, but I couldn't find it. Regardless, their punishment has been handed down. Suspension for one and what looks like forced retirement for the other. All because they used excessive force on a 10 year old child after they made the situation worse. No doubt there'll be a well deserved law suit.

via The IndyChannel

MARTINSVILLE, Ind. -- A Martinsville police officer accused of using a stun gun on a 10-year-old boy was suspended on Tuesday.The Police Department recommended Officer Darren Johnson be suspended without pay for 45 days, with five days already served, and remain on probation for two years, 6News' Joanna Massee reported.The other officer involved in the incident, Capt. William Jennings, a 36-year veteran, resigned from the department last week.
    Johnson testified on Tuesday that Jennings escalated the situation by slapping the child after the boy had already started to calm down."I told my captain after we left … 'I didn't want to tase that 10-year-old child,'" he said. "It's not something I expected doing until the point my superior officer took the action that he did. I felt the situation was out of control and I'm sorry it had to come to that."
    More at the source.

If he felt things were out of control the proper person to taser was the guy who assaulted the child, not the victim.

Movealongmovealong

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Bloomington
    Considering that now TASER has officially admitted that administering charges across the thorax can lead to cardiac arrest and death, and informed all police departments that use tasers of this fact, they could get sued for much more than before as well, depending on the quality of the lawyer and the details of the actions. They have already admitted guilt, so it could be fairly straightforward. ZZZOuch.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Considering that now TASER has officially admitted that administering charges across the thorax can lead to cardiac arrest and death, and informed all police departments that use tasers of this fact, they could get sued for much more than before as well, depending on the quality of the lawyer and the details of the actions. They have already admitted guilt, so it could be fairly straightforward. ZZZOuch.

I think it's about time to take tasers away from police. They're just not worth the danger. OC sucks but at least it doesn't, to my knowledge, have any serious risks involved.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    I think it's about time to take tasers away from police. They're just not worth the danger. OC sucks but at least it doesn't, to my knowledge, have any serious risks involved.

Exactly.

Can you imagine what would happen if just a few citizens tased other people? They would be banned immediately. Why is it when a few people do something stupid, they ban them for everyone, but when a few cops do something stupid they always say "Hey! It was just a few bad apples! Not all cops are like that!" Well no crap, but we should be treated equally, if not better than they are, since we have the 2nd Amendment and cops have nothing.

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    William Jennings, a 36-year veteran, resigned from the department last week all he did was save his bacon. another bottom feeder we have to pay the rest of his life.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Johnson testified on Tuesday that Jennings escalated the situation by slapping the child after the boy had already started to calm down.

Now that's a real man for you. Did he beat a couple of women on his way home too? That would have REALLY showed how manly he is.

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy

I'm pretty sure there are cases where OC has killed people with preexisting respiratory issues. Plus several brands use a flammable carrier which has set fire to some people who have been sprayed.

Nothing is completely risk-free.

Having been both Tasered and OCed, I'd rather be Tasered any day.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Here is an interesting taser story.

Yet his former boss, Lumpkin Police Chief Steven Ogle, was shocked when he saw the video.

"I couldn’t believe it,” Ogle said. “You don’t use it [a Taser] for punitive reasons, to prod someone. It was evident it was an improper use of force. He was an excellent officer other than that incident."

Smith resigned just as Ogle started the process to fire him, the chief said. Smith now works for the Chattahoochee County Sheriff's office.

You have a couple different issues at play here. First of course, is the trend to use tasers in the same form as a rancher would use a cattle prod. I would yell at my cows to get into the parlor the same way this enforcer yells at the subject.

Second, is the shuffle game. Enforcer shocks the crap out of a lady, resigns before he can get fired, and he is almost immediately hired by another department.

Lots of wordplay in this one as well. "Unwanted guest" vs. prowler. A 57 year old 3rd grade teacher assuming aggressive stances. Honestly, I would wager she called the enforcement agency on a guy she didn't want around anymore, made nice with him, and he went on his way after the agents showed up. Still though, lots of ridin' the lightnin'. It's also obvious the 52 year old officer was trying to pull the much younger officer away from the tortured subject.

2 officers out of jobs in wake of repeated Tasering of woman *| ajc.com

From the AP

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AfKMaDhTjs&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Raw Video: Woman Calls Police, Gets Zapped[/ame]

Last edited:

Loco179

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009

OC has a lot more dangers. Check into it. OC is nasty nasty stuff.

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    the only thing dumber than a jbt is a hillbilly jbt what morons. they give a whole new meaning to full retard. im glad to see our tax dollars are going to finance the ones who got cut from uncle bobs sing along banjo band.

Top Bottom