• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    WOW what a freaking joke and waste of money. Coming from LE i understand why they were sprayed but 30k a piece?

It's a payoff, simple as that. The University made the call. They'd rather dole out some clams and end the negative press.
    I find it interesting that the officer (as far as I know), wasn't sued individually.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Pepper spray a bunch of kids in the face while they're sitting on the sidewalk, then become an internet meme and laughingstock of the world. Not so brilliant.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    excessiv-force-yoda.jpg

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Only 30k? Yes I'd take a spray in the face for 30k, but if they WERE in the wrong I believe there should be punitive damages that are material to the organization. UC Davis's budget this year = $3.4 BILLION dollars, my calulator broke when I tried to figure out what % 30,000 is of 3,400,000,000.

How about someone using the color of the law to enter your home illegally? You sue and get a couple of grand? That's all great because you weren't harmed that bad, right?

Violate someones rights and you should have to pay, big. Yes it just gets pushed out to the tax payer, or students, but if enough and large enough payments get made people will demand a change. Until then just keep playing the glad game.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    OWS was such a sham. Those kids were trespassing and were ordered to disperse. I wouldn't have given them jack! They resisted and got what the deserved. They should have been convicted and had criminal records stuck to them for the rest of their lives! What a crock of :poop:! I'm offended that the school caved to political correctness. Only in California!!!:xmad:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Only 30k? Yes I'd take a spray in the face for 30k, but if they WERE in the wrong I believe there should be punitive damages that are material to the organization. UC Davis's budget this year = $3.4 BILLION dollars, my calulator broke when I tried to figure out what % 30,000 is of 3,400,000,000.

How about someone using the color of the law to enter your home illegally? You sue and get a couple of grand? That's all great because you weren't harmed that bad, right?

Violate someones rights and you should have to pay, big. Yes it just gets pushed out to the tax payer, or students, but if enough and large enough payments get made people will demand a change. Until then just keep playing the glad game.

And even you aren't violating people's rights, how much do they deserve then?

Top Bottom