• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    About 6 years ago another guy choose firing squad in Utah and they advertised nation wide for sworn LEO's to fill out applications for the squad. I had my application filled out and my wife threw a Sh%&fit! I never mailed it in, I saw divorce in my future if I were "lucky" enough to be drawn.

I think that case involved the murder of a child. Personally I would have pulled the trigger on #2 of a 3 count.

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    Why should he get a choice in the way he goes out? His victim didn't.

Look at the circus that ensued when that scum Gary Gilmore took this route. A book by Norman Mailer and a friggen' movie. Jeezus.

Gary Gilmore became a household name............ Nobody knew the name of who he murdered. :noway:

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Two crimes involved here!

First crime was the Murder. Second crime is the 20 year wait on death row. Texas needs to give a clinic on speedy executions, I don't think they have too many killers that wait 20 years to be removed from the gene pool!

zebov

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    How about not killing him?

*ducks*

In a kill or be killed scenario I have a responsibility to my family and it is likely necessary to defend myself, but in this case, the person is no longer a threat to society. We do not have the right to take away this person's life just like he didn't have the right to take away the life of his victim.

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    How about not killing him?

*ducks*

In a kill or be killed scenario I have a responsibility to my family and it is likely necessary to defend myself, but in this case, the person is no longer a threat to society. We do not have the right to take away this person's life just like he didn't have the right to take away the life of his victim.

Life for a life. He knew that was the possibility when he committed the crime. Just like you know if you go out and commit a violent or drug related felony, you're going to lose your right to own a firearm. You don't want to lose your right, don't commit the crime. Besides, why waste our taxes dollars keeping scum like him alive when we could use that money in our schools educating our kids.

zebov

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    Look the family of the victim in the eye and tell them we do not have the right to take his life.

I guarantee you the perpetrator's death will not relieve the victim's family's anguish or anger or etc. if it has not been relieved by now. If they are still seeking a sense of "closure" after > 20 years, it will not come from another death.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I guarantee you the perpetrator's death will not relieve the victim's family's anguish or anger or etc. if it has not been relieved by now. If they are still seeking a sense of "closure" after > 20 years, it will not come from another death.

WRONG!!! It's a piece in a BIG puzzle. I would wait 20 years to do it myself no problem.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    I guarantee you the perpetrator's death will not relieve the victim's family's anguish or anger or etc.

...And I guarantee you that this individual will never be able to ever murder someone else once he is executed.
    It is societal self-defense. When a rabid animal attacks someone, we take the common-sense step of hunting it down and destroying it because we know that it cannot be cured of its condition, and failure to destroy the animal only increases the risk that another person will be attacked. Doing this both for rabid animals and for serial/mass murders has not stopped the re-occurence of either, but it does stop the clear and present danger that these animals/individuals are to the community.

You are right that killing a killer does not heal the pain of the victims, but it DOES guarantee that the killer will take no more innocent lives...

Last edited:
    Top Bottom