• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.4%
    153   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DF8H1LuX3Mo]YouTube - 3 Different Silencers 1[/ame]

Looks like this guy's got too many expensive toys and doesn't really know how to run them. What's with the left/load/right? Yes, I understand what he's doing, but why not just tip your rifle and look into the ejection port while letting the bolt fly forward? It's be much faster than dropping your mag, epsecially in thos two designs! And then, in his world wide video, his two very reliable guns don't want to run. Then, he hits a steel plate two shots out of ten or so with a Glock .45. "good to know the laser is on target." hey, why not make sure your $300 laser/light is hitting where it should on your $500 pistol with your $600 can before you put a video of yourself up for everyone to see! I know, I'm a jerk, but hey, I gotta be me!

Doug K

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    I dont understand the camelback. Are you going some place where water isn't available for 6 hours? He sould have a back pack on with some sandwiches in it.

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    A long time ago I used to be a photographer. People thought I took fantastic pictures. In reality, I was a fantastic editor who took fairly good pictures.

If you pride yourself as a rifleman and you take the time to make a video, be honest with yourself as you review it and ask yourself if that's the way you want to be represented to your audience.

...just sayin'....

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Shooter521 will NOT be happy you posted this video of him...

That's actually kinda funny; my 4-year-old son came into the room while I was watching this, and said "Daddy, is that you?" :): Happy to say, no it's not. In fact, I don't own any of the guns or cans shown.

As to the left-load-right thing, that's a method some instructors teach for chamber checking without manipulating the bolt (which, when less experienced shooters try it, can result in an ejected live round or induce a malfunction). It also works in low light, when a visual inspection of the chamber may not be possible. Props to the guy for getting reps in and carrying over the lessons learned in training, but FAIL for saying the steps out loud, and for including it on the video without any explanation of WTF he was doing.

Hondo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I will never understand all the people who put out you tube videos of themselves being incompetent....why not edit or reshoot the vid so you don't look like such a dork.....:twocents:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Relax, brother man.

I know fully well that wasn't him...

No, his guns run. I've shot with him on quite a few occasions. if you've got somethig to say about his shooting abilities, why not come out to FNS this week and see how well you stack up against him.

Doug K

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I think if I had spent the money on the cans and the stamps to own them I wouldn't be wearing the head gear, is that not the reason you put a can on a gun??

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    On a doublestack mag, you check the side that the top round is on before loading, then again after chambering a round. If the top round is now on the other side, then a round has been chambered. It can let the shooter know for sure that a round has been chambered without the need to mess with the bolt.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I noticed the empties are barely dribbling out of his Glock. Do they have to be loaded that light to work with the silencer, or does the can slow slide velocity?

DocGlock86

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Plainfield

Sorry I seen your post but still wasn't understanding it, I'm a little slow sometimes :fogey:

On a doublestack mag, you check the side that the top round is on before loading, then again after chambering a round. If the top round is now on the other side, then a round has been chambered. It can let the shooter know for sure that a round has been chambered without the need to mess with the bolt.

Thanks

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I think if I had spent the money on the cans and the stamps to own them I wouldn't be wearing the head gear, is that not the reason you put a can on a gun??

You'd be surprised at just how loud a suppressed .223 / 5.56 still is.

Can definitely get by with a handgun, though.

-J-

Top Bottom