• ...and so much more!
  • lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    I just caught this on the news.

Surveillance Video Shows Man Stealing Assault Rifles | Indiana's NewsCenter: Fort Wayne WPTA-TV, WISE-TV, CW, and My Network | Local & Regional < Surveillance video at link

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (Indiana’s NewsCenter) – Fort Wayne police need your help finding a man they say waltzed out of a local store with two assault rifles.
    Police say three days ago, in broad daylight, a man walked into Gander Mountain on Lima Road and stole at least two assault rifles.
    Police say a man in his 40s or 50s with salt and pepper hair and beard walks into the store wearing a large black coat. They say he waited until the gun clerk was distracted by what police believe is an accomplice, a man in his mid-20s with dark hair wearing plaid shorts.
    Police say once the clerk is distracted the older man begins to put the rifles one by one under his coat and walked out the front door. Each time police say it appears the man in the plaid shorts tries to distract or block the view of the clerk.
    Police say the older man stole at least two guns in the video and the store manager says a third gun is also missing.
    “We have now two if not possibly three assault riffles and we all know the type of damage they can do,” Fort Wayne Police Public Information Officer Mike Joyner said. “And as far as law enforcement is concerned, this becomes priority number one.”
    Police say they're not sure how the man was able to defeat the security system. But, they say in most stores, a wire runs through the trigger hole of the guns to secure them. Police say the wire could have been cut or pulled out of the mounting.
    If you have any information on this robbery police ask you to contact Crime Stoppers anonymously at 260-436-STOP.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    wow thats ballsy! I hope them scum bags shoot themselves in the foot with there stolen rifles. I hate a thief!!!! wonder if the employees will get in trouble over this? surely they would of thought something was up seeing a guy walk in with a "long black coat" when its 80+ outside..at least enough to not take there eyes off him.

NEWMAN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2008
    how do thet not know 2 or 3? no records.lol

should be shot with the ones they stole

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    surely they would of thought something was up seeing a guy walk in with a "long black coat" when its 80+ outside..

"Unseasonable clothing" is Loss Prevention 101.

I guess we will all be watching ARs in the classifieds coming from Ft. Wayne now. :D

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    I'll have to watch the story to see if serial numbers will be posted. It may be worth Gander's time to release the exact models/serial numbers once they get their inventory figured out.

Kingrat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Evansville
    odd, i thought they were all hooked up with the security things that include the trigger lock, how did they make off without those going off? use a jumper wire and then cut them?

Slab

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    fort wayne
    I was just in there today. I remembered more ARs there a week and a half ago when i was in. Of course things like this sell quick so i didnt think anything of it.

Britton

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Knoxville
    Notice how the officer said they were so destructive? Can't wait until dear old Rusty sees my ad in the Fort Wayne News Paper this Sunday.

You Fort Wayne guys look for the "Rusty Sale" and all those nasty evil black rifles.

You would think that Gander would call the local gun shops and give them serial numbers and such.

No Time to Shoot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Maybe that's why my guns not back from warranty work yet? That had to be an inside job! I've cut enough steal cables to know it makes a loud enough noise that someone would have heard it. It looks like the gun was left unlocked.

No Time to Shoot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Notice how the officer said they were so destructive? Can't wait until dear old Rusty sees my ad in the Fort Wayne News Paper this Sunday.

You Fort Wayne guys look for the "Rusty Sale" and all those nasty evil black rifles.

You would think that Gander would call the local gun shops and give them serial numbers and such.

So I see you're a fellow Rusty fan as well....:laugh: It just shows the difference between an elected official Ken the Sheriff and an appointed official Rusty the police chief. :rolleyes:

Britton

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Knoxville
    Kenny is OK, a good public servant!

I will refrain from talking about Rusty, I'll let the advertisement speak for me. Look inside where all the ads are, one color sheet, both sides. Should be fun!

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    Ok, I'm going to take this in a little different direction...What would you have done if you saw this individual walking towards the door with a little barrel/grip/stock poking out? Would you confront the person or notify an employee? And assuming that we would all be carrying, would your weapon remain holstered? I wouldn't be surprised if this individual was carrying, illegally or not. Just curious.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    If he's got something "under his coat", I'd surely confront him.
    I'm curious though, Walmart USED to sell guns in Lafayette. If you stole one of those, you got a non-working firearm. All weapons on display, were just that, displays ONLY! They had ALL been disabled in one form or another, missing firing pin,etc... If you told the clerk you wanted to purchase a gun, they went to get a manager to get it out of the back for you.
    Now these stolen "assault rifles", unfortunately, it would take very little to make these guns functional again even if they HAD been disabled.
    With the current market for "black rifles", I think it would be a great idea if the stolen serial numbers were published on the net for anyone to research. This would help private buyers.

Top Bottom