• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Smart lady, has a sidearm ready and took a picture of the car to help her case. Most everyone has a cell phone with a camera on their person, learned a new use for the cell phone/camera to fight crime. Pass it on.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    Saw this article in the NW IN Times Two charged in M'ville break-ins : Merrillville
    Not sure if anyone else posted this, but I thought, here is an example of a gun owner defending herself. Good thing that she doesn't live in Chicago! Think of what could have happened!

In Chicago it's ALL the victim's fault. Lawful citizens in possession of a firearm makes it far too dangerous for criminals to make a living.

If they want your stuff, just give it to them. If they get nasty, call 911 and ask them to wait until the police get around to you.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Great news!

101st Ave? Those guys were venturing a little further south than people around here like to think they would.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    The guy who kicked in the door is lucky he hasn't reached ambient (or morgue drawer) temperature by now. And he's driving a 2013 Fusion? Crime pays, I guess.

sig-guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    When it comes to home defense...shoot first (Like Han solo). All she did was give him another chance to break into someone elses house.

To many times, the HO is afraid of the laws pertaining to THEM shooting someone. Or possibly, not confident enough with their shooting abilities (missing and hitting an innocent).

My take, they break in through my locked door, I assume they are not coming in for a friendly visit and coffee!

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Just to stay up to date on rural living and crime: Many rural homeowners will not hesitate to stop an illegal entry. As I am writing this, my end table contains a 1911A w/ 8rds of 230 grain "illegal entry, anti felon persuasion". It is daytime, sun is shining, crime doesn't know the difference. Police response is average 8-10 minutes on a good day, shall I wait, or use my 1911A? What about 2:00am on a Saturday night? Same Same. Stay vigilant, install lights and locks. Get a dog, early warning system.
    Note: I grew up in Merrillville, not what it was, or will ever be again!

Top Bottom