• ...and so much more!
  • ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    137   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    My wife calls this my new "assassin case". I call this my fun project for my new Sub 2000 and my trusty Glock 17.

IMG_4846.jpg

abbf0041-e950-4151-978f-925c51297c37.jpg

IMG_4847.jpg

Picked up a tool case from Harbor Freight that has the easily removable foam inserts for simple customization. The Sub 2000 fit in there pefectly even with the muzzle comp, new front sight, pressure activated laser switch on mini folding foregrip & NC Star mini -holo red dot. Glock 17 fits nice too. I was able to modify the tool sleeves on the top case organizer to take (3) Glock 33rd 9mm mags and (4) Glock 17 mags.

Now...if I could just find a Glock 26 at a reasonable price to fit into the bottom right corner, my "assassin case" would be complete.

DISCLAIMER: I am not an assassin. Just a Husband, Father & Director of Operations.

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    You need to take a peace of the foam that you removed and put it in water to see if you have closed cell foam or open cell that sucks up water. Closed cell will not take on water. If it turns out to be the open cell you will need to spray it with silicone to protect your guns from rusting.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    137   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    You need to take a peace of the foam that you removed and put it in water to see if you have closed cell foam or open cell that sucks up water. Closed cell will not take on water. If it turns out to be the open cell you will need to spray it with silicone to protect your guns from rusting.

Good call 6mm. I will do that. I figured since it was a case originally designed for tools, that it would be closed cell.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Good call 6mm. I will do that. I figured since it was a case originally designed for tools, that it would be closed cell.

Note: closed-cell foam in a case like this can STILL promote rust.

You'll get water staying between the case and the foam, between the foam and the firearms, and in between whatever tear-apart joints there may be in the foam itself.

Closed-cell foam just means that the foam itself won't hold water like a sponge.

Still a good idea to treat it, or to at least leave the case open when it's at home (and the guns aren't in it) to let it dry out. Even on those humid summer days - foam will suck up some moisture and cause issues if you don't get it dried out.

-J-

Top Bottom