• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I have noticed some interesting "deals" on AR's and similarly styled rifles in the classifieds. It sure seems as if some folks are unloading their safes to turn a profit. Lots of expensive stuff mixed in with a few notables who appear to want to not be associated with gougers?

I'm no expert, but it looks like some pretty high dollar name brand AR's are for sale at a time when they might have been prima donna's a couple weeks ago? There are also those advertised as such, having unique parts, that make you wonder, hmm...

I have heard "rumors" of INGOers selling their guns on other gun sites under different usernames to avoid being "that guy," who took advantage of others that they might consider friends.

I wonder how INGOers feel about those riding the frenzy? What about the "vultures," who seem to pounce with an offer or question within a minute or two of the OP in the classifieds?

Are you selling your AR's?

Last edited:

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Selling no, But given the market pressure, I have been tempted to put one up for trade. I have a couple M-4 style rifles that have sat unfired in the safe and have had the itch for a new double stack 9mm or maybe a .45. I figure I could get a nice pistol with several mags and some cash and the other guy gets a hard to get rifle :dunno:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Keeping all my ARs. Bought 7 additional rifles since the Connecticut school shooting, all very soon after the shooting before the panic buying set in so I got them at the 'old' prices. I also picked up quite a few magazines for each of those 7 additional rifles, again, before the mad rush. Also picked up nearly 20,000 primers, powder, etc. Also loaded in some loaded ammo in both pistol & rifle calibers. Got in some LPKs too. None of that stuff is for sale, its all my personal use, and all at the "old" prices.

I am selling AR15 parts in the INGO classifieds, I'm offering them up at the "old" prices.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Somone talked me into a game of "sink the safe" a few weeks back. Im not sure who won but everything I had was in there.

As far as the "deals" in the classifieds go, yeah Ive seen them. Even made a more than reasonable offer on a few only to be told they were only selling now because they could get more out of them than before. :rolleyes: Blantant gouging But people are still paying thier asking prices, so. :dunno:

Oh well I guess I wont be filling up my new safe anythime soon.

JCatt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    If somebody is willing to pay... Its their own fault for not being prepared ahead of time. 0 was reelected over a month ago, this was coming sooner or later. That being said I opened my safe and wondered what I could part with and the answer is none!

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I'm selling one. For exactly what I have in it. To one of the two fellers on Ingo that I saw looking. It'll help pay for the pieces that I ordered from RRA that I expect I'll see about June if I'm lucky.:dunno:

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    I don't see what is wrong with selling your AR's and turning as much profit as you can. What is the difference in riding a short-high amplitude wave or a long low amplitude one? It isn't like one person has enough "stock" to affect the market on their own.

If you are in the buy-sell game, the object is always to buy low and sell high. I have seen a lot of posts where a someone has bought a gun at way below market value. Are these people vultures? Are they as despicable as the guys selling high right now?

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Dang

My favorite are the $2500 RRA AR's in the classifieds.

Why so cheap? I've got a 24" stainless varminter that I'd let go for $5K and give you a receipt that says it's a WWIII Sniper Model. For another $1K I'll include the Bushnell scope. It isn't set up for lights, bells, whistles or bayonets but it looks evil enough! :rolleyes:

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    :laugh: Common "used car salesman" description. Quite a few already like that in the classifieds.
    If you really want it to sell, I'm thinkin' different wording?:dunno:

A picture says a thousand words :D

73194016-354C-43D3-8582-0E71C7C2BDB1-14322-00001FF244EC01DA.jpg

rphutchi

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    No AR's for sale but I am a committed capitalist. The only time the word gouging has any place in the discussion of the distribution of scarce resources is food and water for the hungry and thirsty. Even in that realm I am uncomfortable using the term gouging if the hungry and thirsty still have 2 cars, cable TV, and a nice cell phone package. The world always favors those who prepare for the future and deny themselves immediate gratification to prepare.

Top Bottom