• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cbseniour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    South East Marion County
    I got us yesterday morning had breakfast and then went to Bradis to get a scope for my 22 rifle. While I was there I of course looked at hand guns and since I have been wanting a new small carry gun I purchased a new Kel Tec PF9.
    Now is where the stupid starts, I loaded the gun and put it in my jacket pocket where I could almost forget it was there.
    Upon arriving home my wife asked to see my new gun( probably noticed the S___eating grin on my face) I took the gun out of my pocket cleared the chamber and removed the clip ( apparently in that order) and pulled the trigger blowing a hole in the refrigerator.
    I've never had an unintentional fire before and I think I went into shock. I just looked around and said I just shot the refrigerator.
    Well no one was hurt and the frig still works altough it has an entry wound in the lower door and an exit wound in the right side. I dug the bullet out of the hardwood floor and I'm sure my wife will keep it as a constant reminder of my folly.

OK now its time for everyone to have a good laugh on me. By the way I will be even more cautious in the future.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I got us yesterday morning had breakfast and then went to Bradis to get a scope for my 22 rifle. While I was there I of course looked at hand guns and since I have been wanting a new small carry gun I purchased a new Kel Tec PF9.
    Now is where the stupid starts, I loaded the gun and put it in my jacket pocket where I could almost forget it was there.
    Upon arriving home my wife asked to see my new gun( probably noticed the S___eating grin on my face) I took the gun out of my pocket cleared the chamber and removed the clip ( apparently in that order) and pulled the trigger blowing a hole in the refrigerator.
    I've never had an unintentional fire before and I think I went into shock. I just looked around and said I just shot the refrigerator.
    Well no one was hurt and the frig still works altough it has an entry wound in the lower door and an exit wound in the right side. I dug the bullet out of the hardwood floor and I'm sure my wife will keep it as a constant reminder of my folly.

OK now its time for everyone to have a good laugh on me. By the way I will be even more cautious in the future.

It must of been loud shooting indoors:D

45pro

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Plymouth
    wow good thing you didn't shoot your wife. That would have been hard to explain to the cops, (bought a gun, went home, "accidently" shot your wife)....

Glad noone was hurt, remember firearms are dangerous, even when they are "unloaded".

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU

I'm glad you were able to defend your family from the evil refrigerator:laugh:

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    PICS!!

Bondo will fix that Fridge right up.

You are mistaken my friend, you need bondo and ducktape. Then it will be good as new.

Just get a big magnet to cover the ugliness.......:rockwoot:

As a little kid I had a pellet gun and one night after a session of plinking pop cans I had a ND into my dresser mirror. Mom was gone, and dad was outside so I cut out a picture of F-16 and taped it over the hole. I finally fessed up just before I went to Florida for my freshman year of college. :draw:

cbseniour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    South East Marion County
    I was going to show it to her to explain the diference between my other single action guns and this on which is basically double action only so instead of locking the slide open I let it slam shut.
    None the less it was a lapse on my part and an entire brain lock.
    I am loading photos to photo bucket now and will post them as soon as they are available.

duff

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 19, 2011
    I knew 2 brothers that I went to school with each one of them shot the heck out of their mom's house. They had one too many close calls and I quit hanging around at that point. SKS through the roof, 45lc throug a closet and lots of clothes!, 22 cal through their roof and 12 gage 6 shot through his carharts and knocked off his hat after rabit hunting, not a pellet in the skin but dang he was lucky. They were really lucky noone was killed!

Hooker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    NW IN
    Don't be surprised if you get a summons for a civil suit by the fridge. Ya shoulda killed it. No way you're winning that one.

Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    A) You bought a pistol that loads with clips? I imagine a magazine-fed pistol would be faster on the reload.

B) Am I to determine from the OP that you bought a pistol, loaded it, carried it without a holster, in a self-defense role, without ever having fired it?

cbseniour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    South East Marion County
    Photos as requested

I have never tried to upload photos to here before so hopefully this will work

Shooting%20the%20Refrigerator

Top Bottom