• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Years ago I used to own several .357 Magnum firearms, shot them a lot and reloaded for them and even cast my own bullets and in general enjoyed them very much but now I find that I don't have a single one left, not even the loading dies and I don't remember why? It is a very versatile cartridge and I liked it.
    So I'm thinking that I need to correct the situation and I'm thinking of getting a blued Puma model 92 lever action and a blued Ruger single action revolver with adjustable sights to go with it. I also love the S&W revolvers and I have always wanted to try out the Ruger SP-101 and GP-100 revolvers but never got around to it. Oh, so many guns and so little time. Whats a person to do?
    What combo's do you have and enjoy?

10mm, when you care enough to send the very best

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Smith 19/.357 Handirifle :)

Fav load is 6 grains of Unique in a .357 case, standard primer underneath a RimRock 158gr soft gaschecked LSWCHP, good for a solid 1000 FPS out of my 2 1/2". .357 just plain rules. You can go hot, or the mildest .38. The tacticrap kids will scream about capacity, but for simplicity, accuracy and time tested ability to stop threats (not today's modern, hyperaggressive, exoticly painted situations of being attacked by thousands of homies at once), spinguns hold the title and always will of manstopper, gamegetter and tradition maker. :)

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    I experienced the same thing recently except I still have my dies. I just woke up one day and wondered why I thought I needed anything but a .357. I love Rugers when it comes to .357. In that cartridge, I find overbuilt to be a comfort. I daily carry an SP101 hammerless and have a 4" GP100. Aside from moose and grizzly a .357 will handily take care of anything on 2 and 4 legs in the lower 48.

Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I have a Puma 92 with the octagon 24" barrel and a Dan Wesson 8"VH barrel. I am just a casual hunter but have taken two deer with the revolver and one with the lever gun, all clean kills.

Good luck and have fun OP with your pursuit of replenishing your 357 supply.

Terry

CVMA544

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    SW Indiana
    Years ago I used to own several .357 Magnum firearms, shot them a lot and reloaded for them and even cast my own bullets and in general enjoyed them very much but now I find that I don't have a single one left, not even the loading dies and I don't remember why? It is a very versatile cartridge and I liked it.
    So I'm thinking that I need to correct the situation and I'm thinking of getting a blued Puma model 92 lever action and a blued Ruger single action revolver with adjustable sights to go with it. I also love the S&W revolvers and I have always wanted to try out the Ruger SP-101 and GP-100 revolvers but never got around to it. Oh, so many guns and so little time. Whats a person to do?
    What combo's do you have and enjoy?

10mm, when you care enough to send the very best

You still set up to reload for 357?

The lever action rifles always have appealed to me and I never managed to get around to getting one.....yet.

I have the usual 22lr rifles and pistol, everything else is military calibers.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I'm a 357 lover myself (686p 4", 66 4" no dash, 66-1 snub, M&P 340, Marlin 1894c). I heartily support you in this worthy endeavor to bring the glory back:)

I tried the Puma before I bought the Marlin but it just didn't fit me right. Plus, I liked the Marlin's side ejection. I tend to baby my 66s with 38 special and the M&P is typically a "one cylinder of full house rounds" then I'm done with that fun. Best combo I most enjoy is the 686 and the Marlin.

Fireaxes

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2010
    Wabash County
    .357 has to be my favorite handgun round. It really shows in my collection. I still have 5 or 6 revolvers and a Marlin lever gun so chambered.

fergie22

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2010
    walkerton
    i have a pair of s&w model 66 combat mags old style with the floating firing pins and i love them they aint going anywhere when i die they go to my brother he can put them with my dads model 19 he calls the widow maker they are real metal guns just my preference lol

vwoodrum11

Marksman
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    Indy
    I've had a Ruger SP-101 for a couple of years and love it, great shooter. Also a Marlin 1894 carbine lever action also alot of fun. You can't go wrong with either one.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    I have a couple model 28 N frames. Love them, But next on the list is the Blackhawk 10318.

Ruger New Model Blackhawk Convertible Single-Action Revolver Models

.357 with a 9mm cylinder as well. Ruger single actions are a blast to shoot.

There you go OP. That has everything you want and more.

I recently purchased one of these Ruger convertibles but haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. They are very nice, quality revolvers. I stuck some custom Rosewood grips on my and it almost looks too good to shoot. Well, almost. :)

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Salem
    You wll not regret a Blackhawk. They are built like a Brick poop house, single action is a blast, and when no one is looking you can mutter your favorite westen movie lines under your breath between shots. I do not own a .357 blackhawk, but I want one so bad I could squeal. I do have a .44 Super though, and I will never part with it. ever. And I'm a gun whore as well so that means a lot.

Blackhawk

I say again....

Blackhawk

Top Bottom