• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    This is how it works at the longbow house when I have to purchase a gun or ammo. It has worked for decades.

Longbow purchases a gun with ammo or gear for $x.xx. Mrs. Longbow gets $x.xx at the same time. She is free to spend it or put it in her checking account as mad money.

It even applies if the gun is purchased for her! I tried that one time a few years back and she still wanted me to pay up!

The reason I am sharing this is she is wanting me to purchase some more guns to add to her mad money pile. I will have to make her happy in the next few days.

I already owe her $117 for a purchase in the works.

How do all of you keep your wife involved in your gun purchases?

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    by not telling her at all . Need to know basis , and she just doesn't need to know

At my place that does not work, she knows the sound of the guns and will ask if I am shooting different ammo or what gun is that.

The only time I got the look when I was talking 50 cal. That purchase someday will be costly....:D

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    My wife gets the things she wants anyway. It is not really her money, my money. Basically it is all her money. (no purple or smilies on the blackberry)

Seriously, I can buy guns if we have the extra cash and if I can justify the purchase. Hunting, self defense, and instruction for the kids are justified. So, she would get mad if I bought the new SP101 that I want, because I don't need it. I could trade another handgun for it though. She didn't say a peep when I bought a snubby for a pocket gun. Why because it serves a particular purpose.

hidesert

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    After a long battle with addictions, I left the wife. New responsible girlfriend who brought 3 guns of her own into the relationship. Her money is hers, mine is mine. Life is good.

hidesert

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    My wife owns and boards a horse.

Everything works out in her favor.

-J-
    Been down this road. Good Lord, I thought that a horse just ate grass and stood in a field. Not so. The thing required more care than a nursing home patient. Ours was a "Free Horse". You know what that means. I feel your pain.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    My wife and I maintain separate finances for ourselves, and pay some joint bills out of a joint account. As long as we can make our nut and are being responsible about debt, what we do with our own money is our own business.

Then again, my wife is expected to work. We don't have children and we don't intend to. She's not kept. She can do whatever she wants, whenever she wants, and spend whatever she wants - because it's HER OWN MONEY.

They day she started imposing restrictions on me like that is the day I'd be calling a lawyer.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Horses......there are two standing in the rain out back looking at me as I type this......

They are looking at me like its 4 PM. Don't get between me and them when I bring the sweet feed to them.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    How do all of you keep your wife involved in your gun purchases?

I send mine to the kitchen barefoot to make sammiches while I gun shop.

Seriously, most of the time I just say I'm buying one that I've saved up for after researching it. The next to last one I bought was a couple hundred dollars...I brought it home and showed it to Mr.Jet...he plunked that much cash down on the table and said, "There...consider it a birthday present because I didn't know what to get you and it's coming up fast".
    I'm good with that.

starbreather

Master
    Rating - 95.3%
    61   3   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    exiting stage left!
    Mrs. starbreather I budget fun money monthly. Save it, spend it, its what is for. Seems to work absolutely marvelous, she does seem to question constant need for guns, ammo, knives, mre's. I just tell her its my own little savings plan or its like christmas decoration for the armory.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Hold on let me check with her....

what... yeah.... okay...

She told me to shut up and get back to cleaning the house.

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    These threads scare me and make me think of what my life might be like someday.:nailbite: But in the meantime I will continue and enjoy the single life!:rockwoot: :ar15:

JJGatesE30

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    also, I feel sorry for the guys whos wives arent into guns. I cant imagine being married to a girl who isnt into the same stuff as me.

Cricket Tickler

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 26, 2008
    My wife is not into guns so much, but does not mind that I am. As long as our bills are paid and there is food on the table, I don't catch any grief if I want to purchase a gun.

Top Bottom