• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • doublebarrel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 26, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Today (10/18) was the third time we shot at Eagle Creek. The first time we were there, we bought the 10 visit pass for $65 (from a lady, who's got a very quiet dog sitting on her lap the whole time. My wife loved that dog). Best price I've seen anywhere, as no other range I've been to charged me for the day. They all go by the hour. I asked a specific question, at the time of purchase, about bringing a second person (my wife), to shoot with me, would it still cost $6.50 per visit. The answer I got was, I could bring a whole platoon to shoot with me and it'd still be $6.50 for the group. It made sense to me, as we'd still be using one lane, one table, one target, and at any given time, there'd be only one gun firing. Same amount of resources...

Second time there, 10/11, same story. One hole punched on the pass, shot for more than two hours, time well spent for the two of us. Today, the guy in charge asked me how many shooters. I said two. He gave me two holes, saying their rules were that one hole, $6.50, PER SHOOTER. My wife shoots, so, she was charged as if she came separately. We still used just one lane, one table, one target, and fired one gun at any given time. That's the way we want to shoot, to conserve ammo, Shoot-N-Cs, and to take breaks, and "comment" on the other's poor marksmanship. I'd like to know if other people shoot there, in teams, know for sure what their rules are. Or if the Eagle Creek people post here, would kindly enlighten me...

Thanks, and safe shooting...

hoosiertriangle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Avon, IN
    The first time I went with two other people, we purchased the 10 visit pass and each person was counted. We did use three different lanes, but we had already been stamped so I didn't even think about pricing it per lane. If it is per lane, then I'd be even happier with it. $7 a shooter all day is pretty good regardless.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    The answer I got was, I could bring a whole platoon to shoot with me and it'd still be $6.50 for the group. It made sense to me, as we'd still be using one lane, one table, one target, and at any given time, there'd be only one gun firing. Same amount of resources...

A buddy of mine and I shared a lane down at Atterbury recently and that was the case there too. And...... they didn't even charge us for our third hour!! :dunno:
    :cheers:

sjstill

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    Normally, I tell the guys (especially for a husband/wife), if you are sharing 1 lane on a pass, just punch it 1 time. Not sure if whomever punched the card misunderstood you or what.

Next visit is on me (but don't tell anyone I'm a nice guy, it'll ruin my rep....).

That was my wife you bought the pass from, and her sidekick is Missy, the wonder dog.

edited to add: There might be some misinterpretation about having a whole gaggle of folks on one 'punch'. IF everyone is sharing 1 lane, 1 gun, 1 target, then I could probably go for that. If the group takes up 2 or 3 or 4 spots, then I'm going to punch however many spots are taken up. Does that make sense?

Last edited:

doublebarrel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 26, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    A buddy of mine and I shared a lane down at Atterbury recently and that was the case there too. And...... they didn't even charge us for our third hour!! :dunno:
    :cheers:

Really? Lucky you. After I bought the pass to Eagle Creek, it shut down for two weeks earlier this month (police traing, they say). I couldn't hold out that long so I went to shoot at Atterbury on 10/4. It was a long drive (I live on the NW side of the city). The guy behind the counter didn't allow me to share one lane, I believe I explained to him clear enough. We made sure I left before our two hours was up...:cool:

doublebarrel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 26, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Normally, I tell the guys (especially for a husband/wife), if you are sharing 1 lane on a pass, just punch it 1 time. Not sure if whomever punched the card misunderstood you or what.

Next visit is on me (but don't tell anyone I'm a nice guy, it'll ruin my rep....).

That was my wife you bought the pass from, and her sidekick is Missy, the wonder dog.

edited to add: There might be some misinterpretation about having a whole gaggle of folks on one 'punch'. IF everyone is sharing 1 lane, 1 gun, 1 target, then I could probably go for that. If the group takes up 2 or 3 or 4 spots, then I'm going to punch however many spots are taken up. Does that make sense?

That's great! I plan to be there every Saturday. I'll make sure I say it loud and clear that we are SHARING a lane (I brought all my five guns today, so maybe the guy thought there ain't no way I'd be shooting only one at a time?) Next Saturday I want to try the Marion County Fish and Game's bowling pin game. My wife will go with me too, but she believes her shooting isn't good enough for that, so she'd be watching me shoot (only $2 per shoot, I figure it's cheap enough to get humilated once :D )...

p.s. My wife likes to know if Missy will be there on Saturdays (the past two Saturdays we showed up at about 10am, and left around 12pm). Oh, and she think Missy should were a pair of muffs, too :laugh:

sjstill

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    Bowling pins are a hoot. My wife & I used to shoot them at MCF&G (till I started working at Eagle Creek).

Unless something unusual happens, if my wife is there, so is Missy :-)

browndog2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Doublebarrel,
    Just so there is no confusion on Saturday if you come out to play bowling pins -
    Its $2 per shooter, per bracket. :)
    THe good news is that if you do not win in the first round, you are placed in a second chance bracket. So, every shooter gets to shoot twice for the $2.

I must warn you that bowling pin shooting is addictive.
    It does take a while to get the hang of it.

If you show up before 8:30, during new shooter orientation, we allow a practice round.
    Show up later and there is no practice round.

Humility - its a good thing - some of our shooters are quite good, but most of us are
    not consistent. I have been shootin poorly for a while now, but its still fun.

So, please come on out to play - and be safe.

doublebarrel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 26, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Doublebarrel,
    Just so there is no confusion on Saturday if you come out to play bowling pins -
    Its $2 per shooter, per bracket. :)
    THe good news is that if you do not win in the first round, you are placed in a second chance bracket. So, every shooter gets to shoot twice for the $2.

I must warn you that bowling pin shooting is addictive.
    It does take a while to get the hang of it.

If you show up before 8:30, during new shooter orientation, we allow a practice round.
    Show up later and there is no practice round.

Humility - its a good thing - some of our shooters are quite good, but most of us are
    not consistent. I have been shootin poorly for a while now, but its still fun.

So, please come on out to play - and be safe.

Thanks, I read the writing on your web site, and I think I got the key points down pretty good. 5 pins per shoot, 7rd per mag, two mags, for two bucks. The one get their pins knocked down first is the winner. 22 shooter get the pins placed near the back edge, 9mm people get the pins in the center of the table. And 45 guys have their pins at the front edge...

We'll try to come in early to help out. I've been shooting for 6 years but never in a competitive event. This will be good for me to see just how my shots stack up...:cool:

browndog2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    DoubleBarrel,

If you have more than 2 mags bring them all.
    Two can be enough, but you will see that sometimes more is better.

22s and centerfire matches are not shot at the same time. The 22 match is a separate match usually a the end. We call it Pinheads. Just the top parts of 5 pins are set 12 inches back from the fornt edge of the table. 22's take them off just fine. The web page may still refer to "King of the Hill" matches which we have abandonded for the moment.

Major category firearms (45, 44, 40, 357 and anything in between) have the pins set 12 inches back from the front edge of the table.

Our bowling pin matches are an excellent begining event for competetive shooting.
    We hope you have fun while staying focused on safety.

doublebarrel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 26, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Sorry to hear about that Double. The guy is Chuck, who tends to be a real stickler on "rules". Hope this didnt tear up your image of Eagle Creek.

It didn't. I'll go to Eagle Creek even if they did charge me $6.50 each. No other place could I find that allow me to shoot $6.50 per day. Besides, it's pretty close to where I live, and gas is just as expensive as ammo these days... ;)

doublebarrel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 26, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    DoubleBarrel,

If you have more than 2 mags bring them all.
    Two can be enough, but you will see that sometimes more is better.

22s and centerfire matches are not shot at the same time. The 22 match is a separate match usually a the end. We call it Pinheads. Just the top parts of 5 pins are set 12 inches back from the fornt edge of the table. 22's take them off just fine. The web page may still refer to "King of the Hill" matches which we have abandonded for the moment.

Major category firearms (45, 44, 40, 357 and anything in between) have the pins set 12 inches back from the front edge of the table.

Our bowling pin matches are an excellent begining event for competetive shooting.
    We hope you have fun while staying focused on safety.

We sure will. Got my map from Mapquest, I'm ready...:shoot:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom