Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Coats is ok. In fact, as far as politicians go, he was probably better than most. He disappointed me terribly though, when I wrote to him, asking why there weren`t proceedings in Congress to remove obama from office and charge him with treason, and I got the expected politicians response, abd, "Treason is a very serious charge, we cannot just jump to that, blah, blah, blah...so, in reality, just another Washington insider.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Coats is ok. In fact, as far as politicians go, he was probably better than most. He disappointed me terribly though, when I wrote to him, asking why there weren`t proceedings in Congress to remove obama from office and charge him with treason, and I got the expected politicians response, abd, "Treason is a very serious charge, we cannot just jump to that, blah, blah, blah...so, in reality, just another Washington insider.
    You know he is among the most pro-gun control Republicans out there right?

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Shame on me, but no, I thought he was solidly pro-gun.
    Oh no, he supported the assault weapons ban, the Brady bill, and a number of other gun control measures which didn't pass. The only time I know of that he opposed it was the universal background check bill of 2013 which would have been politically suicidal for him to support.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I suppose that depends on how you define "well represented". I never thought he represented Indiana particularly well, and in my opinion he isn't really from here having moved out of Indiana a long time ago.
    yeah I wouldn't consider coats on the peoples side. He's more part of the swamp
    side.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Oh no, he supported the assault weapons ban, the Brady bill, and a number of other gun control measures which didn't pass. The only time I know of that he opposed it was the universal background check bill of 2013 which would have been politically suicidal for him to support.

I stand corrected then. I usually know the politicians gun positions much better. As I said, shame on me.

myhightechsec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2016
    The Region
    I spoke extensively with one of Coats top men a few years ago. He has apparently come to his senses about the stupidity of gun control and has pretty much swung to our side.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Seriously. There has been nothing Obama has done to constitute removal from office, let alone charged treason. Coats probably sent you a standard "nice" letter, rather than explain to your wishes were unjustified.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Seriously. There has been nothing Obama has done to constitute removal from office, let alone charged treason. Coats probably sent you a standard "nice" letter, rather than explain to your wishes were unjustified.

:rofl:

so we're OK with wielding the IRS to attack your political opponents? That sure sounds like abuse of power to me.

obamacare and it's thousands of lies he told

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

18 U.S. Code § 2381 - Treason

Current through Pub. L. 114-38. (See Public Laws for the current Congress.)

prev | next
    [Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere,] is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

(June 25, 1948, ch. 645, 62 Stat. 807; Pub. L. 103–322, title XXXIII, § 330016(2)(J), Sept. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 2148.)

[Emphasis is mine]

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    All he has to do is not perjure himself and/or be a political hack and he'll be better than Clapper

Hope to see Clapper up on charges but not holding my breath

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    :rofl:

so we're OK with wielding the IRS to attack your political opponents? That sure sounds like abuse of power to me.

obamacare and it's thousands of lies he told

Abuse of power by who? You have some sort of info that connects Obama to having a hand in pushing this forward, rather than an overzealous admin official? Make your case concerning his specific involvement.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I've never trusted Coats and refused to ever vote for him since he voted for the 1994 so-called "assault weapon" ban.
    I have a LONG memory.

Top Bottom