I've seen the enemy and it is us....................

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    You at least have to give the man credit for exposing the hypocrisy of some people who have no problem suggesting restrictions on one Constitutional right, but protesting those same restrictions on another.
    "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press" is pretty synonymous with "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Sounds reasonable and common-sense to me.

After all, the Constitution only envisioned a limited press, quill pens and small movable-type presses.

Also, journalists should be barred from school grounds, court rooms and other government offices, and bars. Especially bars.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    We have come so far yet seem to be going backwards.

He is obviously promoting this tongue-in-cheek. But if 2d Amendment Rights are to be restricted, then how do the media figure the right they operate under should somehow be immune from "reasonable" and "common sense" regulation?

Let's see if anyone in the SC or national media is bright enough to figure this out. I'll be astonished if they do, frankly...

The proposed registry “is ridiculous and totally unconstitutional,” said Bill Rogers, executive director of the S.C. Press Association. The State newspaper is a member of the Press Association.The government cannot require journalists to register, Rogers said, citing the First Amendment to the Bill of Rights, which ensures freedom of the press.

Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/news/politi...s/the-buzz/article55449025.html#storylink=cpy

Thanks Bill. Now would you care to take that position to its necessary and logical conclusion?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    He is obviously promoting this tongue-in-cheek. But if 2d Amendment Rights are to be restricted, then how do the media figure the right they operate under should somehow be immune from "reasonable" and "common sense" regulation?

Let's see if anyone in the SC or national media is bright enough to figure this out. I'll be astonished if they do, frankly...

Thanks Bill. Now would you care to take that position to its necessary and logical conclusion?

I speak of society in general. I do see what this is about.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I don't see how anyone could object to this. It merely creates a list.

• It doesn't create a waiting period for publishing articles.
    • It doesn't restrict people on the no-fly list from committing journalism.
    • It doesn't limit the number of appearances on TV to only a specified number/month.
    • It doesn't restrict them from covering schools, courts, or other other public facilities.
    • It doesn't impose a tax on their pens and cameras.
    No right is absolute. These are only common sense steps. It's a good start.

Last edited:

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I don't see how anyone could object to this. It merely creates a list.

• It doesn't create a waiting period for publishing articles.
    • It doesn't restrict people on the no-fly list from committing journalism.
    • It doesn't limit the number of appearances on TV to only a specified number/month.
    • It doesn't restrict them from covering schools, courts, or other other public facilities.
    • It doesn't impose a tax on their pens and cameras.
    No right is absolute. These are only common sense steps. It's a good start.

I believe it is a good FIRST step .....

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Haha this thread is hilarious!

While I like how the dude exposes the hypocrisy of "it all" it's a bit much... I am enjoying the comments though fellas!

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    12592687_498571730330760_7914392766751191764_n.jpg

I think CSGV just broke my irony meter :D

irony-meter-explode.jpg

Top Bottom