• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Glad to see this story finally getting traction. Saw it first yesterday, when less was known. Now we have two of the 4 officers involved in it under arrest for 2nd degree murder and attempted 2nd degree murder. If the father dies from his shooting injuries they'll no doubt add on. The state police head has said the camera footage of it about the worst thing he's ever seen. Initial reports said the officers were chasing him down to serve a warrant, but the LSP is saying they've seen no warrant for him. The local prosecutor was quick to hand it off to the state, too. This is going to be ugly.

Louisiana police arrest 2 officers in autistic boy's death | WISH-TV

2 police officers charged in Marksville shooting that killed 6-year-old boy, wounded his father | NOLA.com

Last edited:

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I saw the tale end of this yesterday on CBS this morning. Sad all the way around. The Louisiana State Police sup was P*&&%$.....and rightfully so. I have family that live in Louisiana and LSP is top notch. They will get to the bottom of the case with the other 2 Officers.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Pretty wide brush you are painting with mrjarrell.

That wide brush is a two-way street. A big part of the problem with discussions like this is that INGO has a pretty heavy concentration of IMPD among its lawmen. I can remember about 25 years ago, then-IPD had some serious integrity problems, and worked hard at cleaning house before most of these officers took root there, and the result is that IMPD as we know it is one of the better departments as evidenced by the fact that you don't see them in the paper for doing stupid/corrupt things. Consequently, these officers see the argument through that lens, and understandably so. More important, they do not really have the frame of reference to understand the perspective of people like me who have spent far more time with the police standing as the worst criminals in the community right down to one-stop shopping for drugs (i.e., buy, use, and get busted) at the cop shop, among plenty of other forms of malfeasance, or being left in the unenviable position of having to deal with such problems without the benefit of any particular official support or assistance.

The net result is that on one side we have people who tend to approach all representatives of the criminal justice system with distrust, and on the other, we have honest members of that same system who would tend to agree that all five corrupt participants in the US should indeed be put in prison for their malfeasance, demonstrating that the broad brush runs both ways, largely as a product of personal experience.

Streck-Fu

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Noblesville
    That wide brush is a two-way street. A big part of the problem with discussions like this is that INGO has a pretty heavy concentration of IMPD among its lawmen. I can remember about 25 years ago, then-IPD had some serious integrity problems, and worked hard at cleaning house before most of these officers took root there, and the result is that IMPD as we know it is one of the better departments as evidenced by the fact that you don't see them in the paper for doing stupid/corrupt things.

As evidenced by the Bisard cover up and fiasco.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    As evidenced by the Bisard cover up and fiasco.

As I see it, while it did eventually sort out, a big part of the problem was the difficulty some people had believing it. It is a lot different than it was 25 years ago when IPD was routinely knocking off drug dealers, and then jacking their dope and money both.

Top Bottom