• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    This in California after officers were wounded trying to apprehend a gang member. From the story:

Four law-enforcement officers were wounded Friday in a suburb of Sacramento, Calif., during an attempt to take a wanted gang member into custody.

The shooting occurred in Roseville, a suburb about 20 miles northeast of the state capital.

Helicopters circled overhead and armored vehicles and other police cars flocked to the area following an initial report that a U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agent had been shot.

A sporadic gun battle lasted into the night and the commotion snarled traffic for hours. Police responded by setting up a checkpoint and pointing guns at motorists, as this Associated Press photo shows.

Also from the story:

Former U.S. Rep. and presidential candidate Ron Paul later observed the manhunt was more frightening than the attack itself, saying it resembled “scenes from a military coup in a far off Banana Republic.”

Just like after the Boston Marathon bombing, we are seeing what modern LE is capable of. I find it disturbing.

Photo: Checkpoint cops point guns at motorists

checkpointguns3.jpg

watertown-manhunt_24-300x224.jpg

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Hard to tell from the angle at which the top photo is taken; was the cop pointing his rifle at the driver or at the back seat of his car, where a fugitive might reasonably be hiding? Certainly his opposite number on the other side of the vehicle is pointing his weapon at the back seat.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    The second picture looks like Boston after the Marathon Bombing?

And indeed it was. Well, nothing like a little disinformation when you're battling the government.
    For instance, Ron Paul was talking about Boston, not California.

:popcorn:

Article itself is kind of a mishmash, combining at least three incidents into a very small place.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I see a deadly threat. A deranged man in California pointing an "assault weapon" at another person. There's no time to determine his intent. A response is warranted.

Right?

If he was a 13-year-old California kid carrying a toy, we already know how that would turn out.

But a man deliberately pointing a real rifle at somebody's head? Same state, same situation. Does the same standard apply? I would assume our use-of-force experts would affirm that it does.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I see a deadly threat. A deranged man in California pointing an "assault weapon" at another person. There's no time to determine his intent. A response is warranted.

Right?

If he was a 13-year-old California kid carrying a toy, we already know how that would turn out.

But a man deliberately pointing a real rifle at somebody's head? Same state, same situation. Does the same standard apply? I would assume our use-of-force experts would affirm that it does.

He has his badge and the thin blue line. He could squeeze one off and blow this guy's face all over the interior of the car and as long Blimpie McBiscuiteater went along with the story it would all be good for them. Unless captured on video, they are pretty much above the law.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    He has his badge and the thin blue line. He could squeeze one off and blow this guy's face all over the interior of the car and as long Blimpie McBiscuiteater went along with the story it would all be good for them. Unless captured on video, they are pretty much above the law.
    :rofl:

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I was on the business end of a Double Barreled Shotgun 30 yrs ago by a small town LEO in the south. I was headed home from work and a county officer came up behind me while I was driving. 30 years ago when you sold a car the license plates went with the car. The car had out of county plates which I'm sure is what caught his attention. I turned on a farm road on my Grandparents property to see if the LEO went on past or was following me. Sure enough he pulled in behind me. I got out of my car and walked back to his car. When I got to the side of the car he had his shotgun laying on the opened window pointed directly at me. He asked for my ID which I provided, after all he was the one with the shotgun.

I asked why he had the gun pointed at me and he informed me that some people broke their brother out of the county jail just a few hours earlier and shot and killed an officer. I still believe to this day that if I had tripped or stumbled in any way while walking towards the LEO's car he would have shot me. The officer was know around this small town of 1,800 people as Barney Fife so I am sure he was scared.

I did have a conversation later with the Sheriff to voice my condolences for the loss of his deputy and that his deputy was out of line. He apologized for the deputy and said he would take care of it. The deputy wasn't with the Department very long after that. Now heres the kicker He later became a lawyer :dunno: go figure.

Last edited:

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I was on the business end of a Double Barreled Shotgun 30 yrs ago by a small town LEO in the south. I was headed home from work and a county officer came up behind me while I was driving. 30 years ago when you sold a car the license plates went with the car. The car had out of county plates which I'm sure is what caught his attention. I turned on a farm road on my Grandparents property to see if the LEO went on past or was following me. Sure enough he pulled in behind me. I got out of my car and walked back to his car. When I got to the side of the car he had his shotgun laying on the opened window pointed directly at me. He asked for my ID which I provided, after all he was the one with the shotgun.

I asked why he had the gun pointed at me and he informed me that some people broke their brother out of the county jail just a few hours earlier and shot and killed an officer. I still believe to this day that if I had tripped or stumbled in any way while walking towards the LEO's car he would have shot me. The officer was know around this small town of 1,800 people as Barney Fife so I am sure he was scared.

I did have a conversation later with the Sheriff to voice my condolences for the loss of his deputy and that his deputy was out of line. He apologized for the deputy and said he would take care of it. The deputy wasn't with the Department very long after that. Now heres the kicker He later became a lawyer :dunno: go figure.

The deputy was looking for a murderer and you approached his car. Nonchalantly pointing a gun at you is a reasonable action.

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    I do not care who you are..If you point a weapon at me like that for no good reason,you had better go ahead and use it...I hope that picture was not really of some routine stop at a checkpoint or some such nonsense.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    The deputy was looking for a murderer and you approached his car. Nonchalantly pointing a gun at you is a reasonable action.
    If you mean non threatening when you say nonchalantly that is exactly how I approached him. I was on private property and was complying. I'm not bashing the LEO here Frank so I'm not sure why you feel the need to protect the deputy actions. I understand his actions but I would not agree that they were reasonable nor did the Sheriff which is why he apologized.

Top Bottom