• ...and so much more!
  • 88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Travesty!

I learned on INGO that my stuff is more important than human life!
    It is a travesty. And my stuff is more important the the douches who would take it by force, threats, and/or violence. I'm sorry for the individual. I would not have cast a guilty vote.

Out of curiosity, how many times have you been the victim of theft and what was taken?

rw496

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 16, 2011
    Lake County
    It is a travesty. And my stuff is more important the the douches who would take it by force, threats, and/or violence. I'm sorry for the individual. I would not have cast a guilty vote.

Out of curiosity, how many times have you been the victim of theft and what was taken?

OMG..I actually agree with something you said! This is a momentous day

cook5oh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    I didnt see anywhere in that article where the intruder was using threats or violence. The article indicates the suspect was already fleeing before the homeowner came into contact. It also indicates the homeowner only "believed" the suspect was breaking into the garage. not that he actually saw the suspect in the act. Not to mention it was the garage. What in your garage is worth using deadly force on another human being******, that is running away?

But as usual, I nor anyone on this forum know the full details of the story. Tough for me to make a call without being an armchair quarterback.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Travesty!

I learned on INGO that my stuff is more important than human life!

Yes it is. Why should I labor to have things so some WORTHLESS POS can simply take it? In that equation my stuff is worth more than their life since they are risking their life taking my stuff.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I didnt see anywhere in that article where the intruder was using threats or violence. The article indicates the suspect was already fleeing before the homeowner came into contact. It also indicates the homeowner only "believed" the suspect was breaking into the garage. not that he actually saw the suspect in the act. Not to mention it was the garage. What in your garage is worth using deadly force on another human being******, that is running away?

But as usual, I nor anyone on this forum know the full details of the story. Tough for me to make a call without being an armchair quarterback.
    Perhaps the equipment I use to make a living with

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Yes it is. Why should I labor to have things so some WORTHLESS POS can simply take it? In that equation my stuff is worth more than their life since they are risking their life taking my stuff.

Taking life casually is a cultural cancer. The love of money and the stuff it buys is too.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Material stuff is just that. Insurance folks. Don't keep your most valuable possessions that can't be replaced in a garage. If me and my family are not in immediate danger then I'm not shooting. They can have whatever, my stuff isn't the most important thing to me. Flame away

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I wonder what action or non-action you would take if something like that ever happened to you. I bet you would be crying about your misfortunes from the rooftop for all to hear like so many others who think it can never happen to them.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I wonder what action or non-action you would take if something like that ever happened to you. I bet you would be crying about your misfortunes from the rooftop for all to hear like so many others who think it can never happen to them.

No one said you wouldn't be aggravated.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

So angry about it, being upset.... equals justification to kill. Gotcha.

My stuff, yeah, I worked hard for it. I would be angry and upset. Yep, people can be horrible. Absolutely horrible. Nope, the human life of a horrible person is worth more than my stuff. Not necessarily because of the person they are, but because they are imago Dei. A dirty, blurry image, but a reflection nonetheless.

Obviously, taking the life of an aggressor is necessary at times to save the life of an innocent- but last resort and only to protect life, never stuff.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    So angry about it, being upset.... equals justification to kill. Gotcha.

My stuff, yeah, I worked hard for it. Yep, people can be horrible. Absolutely horrible. Nope, the human life of a horrible person is worth more than my stuff. Not necessarily because of the person they are, but because they are imago Dei. A dirty, blurry image, but a reflection nonetheless.

Ok then, how about them taking it by force against your will.
    You're walking down the street talking to your wife on your cell phone and someone steps out of a doorway and assaults you and takes your wallet, phone and watch.
    It's still just stuff right? No harm, no foul?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    You're walking down the street talking to your wife on your cell phone and someone steps out of a doorway and assaults you and takes your wallet, phone and watch.

Tell me how I acquired this mind-reading ability that tells me that in the midst of "assaulting" me, I know he is only interested in stuff.

cook5oh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Southern Indiana

That not what this discussion is about. Were talking about someone running away after you "think" they may have broken into your garage. Your talking about a completely different scenario where the threat of serious bodily injury or death has occurred.

Apples to oranges.

Top Bottom