M14forum.com member being sued for his post content!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    There are 2 sides to every story. IF he posted things as fact which were not fact, he will have a problem.

Opinions are one thing. Posting things like "I heard from a reliable source that XYZ..." are quite another.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm curious what exactly the guy might've said. People trash all sorts of brands from Century to Highpoints to Glock everyday of the week.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    it essentially said that some people were complaining that the sei receivers were taking to long to make. This hammonds guy said the reason is that he heard from a reliable source that they have heat treating issues and the receivers have been cracking. He then told people to ask for a refund. Later that day he half retracted his statements by confirming that he didn't really know for sure what was going on and that it was all rumor mill. The forum deleted what he said but some people kept talking about it and asking what happened. He then got on and retracted his retraction and again brought up heat treatment issues. SEI is suing from lost business.

In all honestly it doesn't seem any different than what goes on here on the regular. They do admit that after he said bad things he retracted them within the same day then either he or someone else deleted his mis statements. He did jump back on and apologize for "letting the cat out of the bat" embarrassing SEI and releasing info that was "no real big secret" and then reiterated the heat treatment issues. I think a lawsuit is a bit extreme and will end up hurting the company in the end.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Hello INGO!

I saw a link to this on reddit, and it blew me away:

I NEED A LAWYER....Served with SEI Lawsuit Today - M14 Forum

I am a member over there, and the community is rallying around the user. As an M1A owner myself, I will not be buying anything from SEI from now on, and I am seriously thinking about sending a few bucks to the guy to help out.

-Paul

I saw that.
    I'm a member there too.

From reading the thread over there, this whole thing started from a thread where people who had M14 receivers on order for a LONG TIME, had been given delivery dates that came and went more than once and just wanted a straight answer as to the status of said receivers.

Her's a link to the thread that appears to have set this in motion.

Backordered SEI M14 Receiver From Croc's - M14 Forum

Last edited:

paintman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    new castle indiana
    I have dealt with this guy on cmp before. he is a serious jerk wad. he tried to jack me on a deal and said he was going to have me kicked off. then went and started a thread talking crap about me. I found the thread and called him on it and it was deleted by mods soon there after. dude is a serious liar and I would have nothing to do with him or support him. im not the only one that had contacted mods and sent messages to them that had been sent by him threatening to have people kicked off and saying he has friends that are mods.

I was assured he was lying and he had no friends that are mods and not to worry. he likes to run his mouth and I wouldn't trust him.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    it essentially said that some people were complaining that the sei receivers were taking to long to make. This hammonds guy said the reason is that he heard from a reliable source that they have heat treating issues and the receivers have been cracking. He then told people to ask for a refund. Later that day he half retracted his statements by confirming that he didn't really know for sure what was going on and that it was all rumor mill. The forum deleted what he said but some people kept talking about it and asking what happened. He then got on and retracted his retraction and again brought up heat treatment issues. SEI is suing from lost business.

In all honestly it doesn't seem any different than what goes on here on the regular. They do admit that after he said bad things he retracted them within the same day then either he or someone else deleted his mis statements. He did jump back on and apologize for "letting the cat out of the bat" embarrassing SEI and releasing info that was "no real big secret" and then reiterated the heat treatment issues. I think a lawsuit is a bit extreme and will end up hurting the company in the end.

f had ìnformaeion for some time before l sain* anytízing. I was worried
    about Croc as he is one cool dude. Sure he over-extended himself, but we
    are notëvrivy to :mty [Errol-:lisas made to him. I did so in attempt to get at the
    _truth ceing my e ow femm members potentiaiìy getting screwed was the
    last straw mc. The way Quiksilverguát was me as I
    consider him a friend. So I ¿er #ze cat auf ofthe be: . Dozens offoìks know
    alread) aâzywa y. Production Écŕlity, its changed ¿is year zjfnot severa!
    filmes, an heat treatment fof , SE! enzpìoyees, Federn! Snppart
    Coordinator. efe. Ms peopfe don ’i know or ¿is secret.
    lr’sjusr embarrassing ro SEI. Son? . . . deliver the goods we pand for
    already. Put up or Shut up. Stop ca ling me and stan Sending our paid for
    products.

(okay, that's apparently what you get when you copy/paste from a scanned PDF)

The word sorry was in there, but it was no apology. He took another step forward and drew a line in the sand with his toe, after being given an option to walk away without a fight. According to the complaint, he was given two such opportunities before suit was filed.

Unless he can prove they had heat treatment issues, I would imagine he will get his @$$ handed to him in court. SEI's word against his; unless he provides a reliable means/source privy to their manufacturing processes and any issues. His only hope would seem to be -- assuming he has a real source -- getting that source to fess up in open court or deposition or get lucky fishing through internal E-mails, assuming his attorney thought to subpoena them.

IANALAIGIANTG

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    I'm sure they have recordings and a comments box or some other type of deal. If Hammond lied about.the manufacturing problems and a bunch of people cancelled their orders and their.given reason was a link to his forum post, or something about how they heard the receivers are having QC problems, then he cost the company business through his lies.

This isn't like saying your glock is having problems, which is your first person.account of a problem you are having.

This is like saying." I have a buddy who works for them and he says they do this and this... and we should not but anything from them. " but you never had a buddy who said anything... you just made it all up.

From what I read over there, there.were.shipment.problems, like what I recall reading about... was it PSArmory? In the sub forums... and people wanted to get their INGO status revoked, and complain to the FTC, etc. All valid measures...

But I didnt see someone in here say " my buddy works for PSA and he said the company doesn't even have the rifles to.ship, and they are going.to try to keep your money! " or any other scenario similar to that.

If.the guy had a reliable source then he should get reimbursed... if he.made it up then he better pray

Top Bottom